WANSFORD PARISH COUNCIL

www.wansfordvillage.com

Clerk: Wendy Gray

25 Windsurf Bank, Tallington

Tel: 01778 341496

wendy7wansford@hotmail.co.uk

 

 

THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD IN THE WANSFORD COMMUNITY HALL ON MONDAY 8TH JULY 2013 AT 7.30 P.M.

 

Present:           Cllr R Clarke

Cllr Tim Pearson

Cllr John Stannage – Chair

In Attendance:  Wendy Gray (Parish Clerk), CambridgeshireCounty Cllr M MacGuire,

Cllr D Lamb, P Tebb and Mr and Mrs Cox

 

 

    Action:
1. Apologies for Absence: Cllr J Holdich  
2. Declaration of Interest: None  
3. Planning:

13/00851/HHFUL – Consultation on Householder (Full)

Construction of single storey rear extension at 9 Old Leicester Road, Wansford, PE8 6JR

No objections were raised.

 

Mr and Mrs Cox asked if we had received copy of plans to peruse re 14 Old Leicester Road, neighbouring residents had received notification.  The Parish Council were unable to comment as they had not received any plans.  It was agreed that the clerk will speak with planning to see what had happened and to arrange for an extension of time and plans to be sent.  The Parish Clerk will advise Mr and Mrs Cox of outcome.

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

4. PCC and Cambridgeshire Highways:

Peter Tebb from PCC and Cllr M MacGuire from Cambridgeshire CC attended meeting to answer questions from the Parish Council.

 

Main items:

A6118 Declassification For example – Old North Road over bridge and north Elton Road, part of A47 has been downgraded.

 

Peter Tebbs reported differences:

Trunking – responsibility of Highways Agency ie A47, A1 and A1M

Primary – coloured green on the maps

Principle – next stage down from primary

Have responsibility for everything that is not trunking or private.  As cross border with PCC and CCC there is an ongoing review being done through transport planning section – Peter will get their views on this.

 

HGV’s using River Bridge (HGV routing)

Foreign vehicles have sat navs which show A Roads

Road signs have to be a certain version, rather larger for villages

Cllr Stannage reported that there is more and more high speed traffic between 8.30 to 8.45 and 5.00 to 5.30 through the village during the day, together with parking at junctions causing constrictions in the village – declassification of A6118 would help.  Weight limits on bridge being ignored.

 

Nene Close – parking – this area comes under PCC – would like PCC to look at issues – need to ensure road is assessable to residents.

 

Parking at Junctions in Village – no parking restrictions other than highway code – parking near church and bridge end is an issue as cars parking both sides of the road.

 

Roundabout A47 – Atkins

Roundabout on Old North Road (Highways Agency) going east (Highways Agency) going west is PCC, A1 slip road is Highways Agency.

Island coming up to roundabout is PCC.

 

Signs do not marry up to the village – need WansfordVillage signed properly (on the village boundary) – Peter will look at signs.

 

Traffic coming from A1, people trying to get over crossing, difficult when cars parked.  Could we restrict parking ie double yellow lines or post saying no parking.

Cannot park certain distance from junction – 10 metres.

 

Note in Village Magazine, speak to police to enforce i.e. PCSO with issues that we have

 

Traffic coming from Yarwell etc contact Mrs Smith, Deputy Leader of Northampton CC.

 

Peter will take our comments and requests on board and try to help with the problems or advising who we should contact.

 
5. Minutes of the meeting held on 10th June 2013:

All Councillors approved minutes and agreed for them to be signed subject to change under item 12 should read “Thornhaugh & Wansford Parish Council Burial Ground Maint Committee”.

 
6. Matters arising from the Minutes:

Vtesse – PCC and Street Works need to ensure over next 2 years everything is maintained.

Damage to concrete bridge (conservation order) when they went underneath it (Peter Tebb will follow up).

 

Trees overhanging – pending.

 

Quality Status – progressing.

 

Cllr Pearson reported that sign Robins Field leading to Robinswood has appeared”.

 
7. Finance:

Invoice Parish Clerk – £219.82

Invoice Parish Clerk (expenses) – £48.19

All Councillors approved for payment to be made.

 
8. Leasing of Land – Nene Close:

It was agreed that the Parish Clerk would contact PCC to establish what is required for the Parish Council to pursue and forms that need completing to leasing the land in Nene Close and putting Management Plan together.

 

Parish Clerk

9. Toddlers Play Area:

Pending as above.

 
10. Village Notice Board/Map:

Cllr Stannage will speak with Tracy Sortwell to see how far this has been progressed and agreed to take over to see through to completion.  A further copy of request for £500 towards costs was given to Cllr D Lamb at meeting.

 

Cllr Stannage

 

11. Correspondence:

Cllr Stannage reported that Cllr Sortwell had resigned due to family and personal commitments and felt unable to continue as a Parish Councillor.  Cllr Stannage thanked Cllr Sortwell for her contributions as a Parish Councillor and wished her well for the future.

 

Notification received from PCC that we can co-opt replacement for vacancy created by Jessica Burrows – PCC to be advised of recent resignation and await their guidance.  Note to be put in Village Magazine.

 

Cllr Clarke was unable to attend planning meeting on 2nd July and wondered if we could speak with Simon Machin for us to be kept advised if unable to attend any meetings.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

Parish Clerk

12. Matters for Consideration:

Cooks Hole – Cllr Clarke attending meeting on 9th July making representation on behalf of Wansford Parish Council.  Two applications one for general consent, one for extending, allowing trucks to depart one our earlier in morning and leave one hour later in the evening – the Parish Council objected.  Since general consent there have been 11 other issues raised since and slowly chipped away at all the conditions that were placed.  Cllr Clarke will be responding at meeting saying that the Parish Council object to this application and believe original conditions should be maintained and concerned about change to working hours in the evenings.

 

Cllr Pearson reported he had placed 3 very large posters in his dustbin which had been tied to posts in the village.  Letter to be written to PCC enquiring of rules that apply to putting up posters.

 

 

 

Cllr Clarke

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Pearson

13. Reports from Councillors:

Cllr Pearson has been invited to RAF Wittering Families Day – he will attend on behalf of Parish Council if no one else wishes to attend.  It was unanimously agreed that Cllr Pearson should attend.

 

Cllr Clarke attended Liaison Committee meeting on 27th June – very poor turn out and feels it may be axed if they do not get a better turn out.

 

  1. Neighbourhood Plans have a new statutory standing.  Peterborough being run where 4 councils generate plan.  In a years time another group will start – Castor/Ailsworth/Sutton/Thornhaugh/Barnack and Ufford – agenda item for say March 2014.
  2. Parishing Urban area – to get areas in Peterborough to become Parish Councils.

 

Cllr Stannage met with John Wilcockson from PCC re Seeds Field – everything is in order.  John will send copy of Hedgerow Act and its workings.  Overiding fact of any hedgerow is specie of what is planted in hedgerow.  Seeds field does not qualify under this.

 

Cllr Stannage will prepare article for next edition of the Village Magazine.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Clarke

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Stannage

 

 

Cllr Stannage

14. Dates of next meetings in the Community Hall:

A proposal was made that there would be no meeting in August, all Councillors present in agreement.    The meeting closed at 9.35 p.m.

 

As there will be no meeting in August, the next meeting of the Parish Council will be on Monday 9th September 2013.