WANSFORD PARISH COUNCIL

www.wansfordvillage.com

Clerk: Wendy Gray

25 Windsurf Bank, Tallington

Tel: 01778 341496

wendy7wansford@hotmail.co.uk

 

 

MINUTES OF MEETING HELD IN THE WANSFORD COMMUNITY HALL ON MONDAY 16TH APRIL 2012 AT 7.30 P.M.

 

Present:       Cllr J Burrows

Cllr R Clarke

Cllr T Pearson – Chairman

Cllr J Stannage

Cllr G Stevens

In Attendance:  Wendy Gray Parish Clerk, Mr G Bedford

  1. Apologies for Absence:  Cllrs Forward, Sortwell and Cllrs Lamb and Holdich
  1. Declaration of Interest:  None
  1. Planning: 

12/00467/HHFUL – Consultation on Householder (Full) – Single Storey

rear extension and internal works at18 Old Leicester Road,WansfordPE8 6JR– no

objections were raised.

Two further planning applications had been received since agenda was posted and a decision

was made to look at these in more detail at a further meeting to be held on Monday 23rd

April 2012.

  1. Minutes of meeting held on 12th March 2012: the minutes were approved and signed, all in favour.
  1. Matters arising from the Minutes:
  • Council web site – agenda item for next meeting.
  • Seat now delivered – to be sited subject to Parish Councillors approval – following last meeting an area on the north side of Old Leicester Road and opposite No. 19a appeared to be more appropriate, it would offer more shelter and area is more flatter to fix base.  Cllr Clarke will speak with resident of 19a to see if they have any issues.  It was also suggested that perhaps we could fix a plaque to the front of the seat to say “in celebration of Queen’s Diamond Jubilee” etc.  Costings will be obtained.
  • Banking signatory’s forms now completed and delivered to bank.  Request made to Lloyds TSB to see what accounts they can offer.
  • Special Projects – see below
  • Diamond Jubilee – we understand everything is progressing.
  • Letter to Highways Agency – response received, it appears it is not just a case of speaking with one individual or department on the issues we have.  Some are with PCC, some with Highways Agency (Atkins) – Cllr Stevens is progressing.
  • Quality Status – reinstatement – work still progressing.
  • Visit from Tree Warden – dates to be confirmed.
  1. Finance:

Parish Clerk – Salary – £136.64

Parish Clerk – Tax (Jan/Feb/March) – £95.65

St Mary’s Church,  Floodlighting – £120.00

CPALC Affiliation Fee – £164.75

All the above payments were agreed for payment.

  1. Special Projects:
  • Roundabout – request clean up by highways.
  • Village Map/Information Board – Parish Clerk to speak with PCC.
  • Sign for the Community Hall, costings to be obtained and brought to next meeting.
  • 30 mph signs for wheelie bins – still waiting for delivery
  • Landing stage on River.

 

Landing Stage – Cllr Clarke reported that to progress we need to get a certificate to build within 9 metres of the riverbank and we

have to supply a plan and site drawings to Christine Hardwick at the Environment Agency.  Cllr Clarke had spoken with a Mr

Barnard and Mr Smith within the Environment Agency clarifying what we would like to do and obtain their support.  Funding is

available from various sources.  If we are going to install ramp the Environment Agency asked that it is kept locked with a key

access system.  Investigate putting reinforced edge.  Cllr Clarke will complete drawings and produce at next meeting before

submitting to the Environment Agency.

 

  1. Correspondence:

e-mail received from new PCSO.

 

  1. Matters for Consideration:

The following was reported by a member of the public:

The underpass is in a dreadful state, 10 lights out, need painting and cleaning, full of

leaves and drains are blocked, quite dangerous around the area.

Roundabout – a suggestion was put forward to contact Mick George to see if they would

consider contributing to the upkeep of the roundabout.  Cllr Stevens will add on to his list

for discussions with highways.  Agenda item for next meeting.

Bus Stops – villagers who use the bus have a long walk to north end of roundabout unless

you use your car and park near bus stop (opposite Black Swan Spinney).  It was

suggested item for Living Villages re Call Connect Service, PCC to be contacted to

obtain bus leaflets.

Post Box – have to go over bridge to use post box – could we look at post box on this side

of the bridge.  Parish Clerk to contact Royal Mail.

 

  1. Reports from Councillors:

Cllr Clarke attended Rural North meeting, nothing of great consequence was reported.

Talk of splitting into three areas which would be more beneficial.

Ivy on the wall – Cllr Stevens asked what was happening.  PCC to be asked who owns

the land, trees and verges and footpath under the bridge.

 

11. Dates of next meetings in the Community Hall:

      Monday 23rd April 2012 – New planning applications

 

Monday 14th May 2012:

    • 7.30 p.m. Parish Meeting
    • 7.45 p.m. Annual General Meeting
    • 8.00 p.m.  Parish Council Meeting

 

The meeting closed at 9 p.m.

 

Actioned by: