MINUTES OF MEETING HELD IN THE WANSFORD COMMUNITY HALL ON

MONDAY 13TH AUGUST 2012 AT 7.30 P.M.

 

Present:                        Cllr R Clarke

Cllr S Forward

Cllr T Pearson

Cllr T Sortwell – Vice Chairman

Cllr J Stannage –  Chairman

Cllr G Stevens

In Attendance:              Wendy Gray Parish Clerk, Cllr J Holdich, Dr Jefferies, Michael Carroll

  1. Apologies for Absence:  Cllr J Burrows

 

  1. Declaration of Interest:

            Cllr Sortwell and Cllr Stannage (neighbours)3 Old Leicester Road, no pecuniary

interests

 

  1. Planning: 

12/01153/CTR – Consultation on Conservation Area Trees Notification –

Fell 4 x Chamaecyparis Lawsoniana Trees and 1 x Cupresspcyparis

Leylandii Tree at Brookfields,3 Old Leicester Road, Wansford – no objections subject to PCC Tree Officers approval.

 

12/01120/FUL – Consultation on Planning Application (Full)

Construction of a four bed detached dwelling at land to the rear of

2 Yarwell Road,WansfordPE8 6JP– our previous concerns have been answered, no objections.

 

  1. Minutes of meeting held on 9th July 2012: the minutes were approved and signed, all in favour.

 

  1. Matters arising from the Minutes: –

 

30mph signs – all signs have been used up, request made to Cllr Holdich for a further supply.

 

Visit by Tree Warden – 4.00 p.m.on 5th September is the date and time that has been agreed, Cllr Stannage will meet with John Wilcockson.  The Parish Clerk will forward list of names to them.

 

Roundabout – Cllr Stevens in correspondence with Atkins – explained that the Parish Council would like to make it look tidy, do not wish to adopt the roundabout.

Resident concerned about what changes we want to do i.e. stopping traffic rather than maintaining the flow of traffic, read in Living Villages going to build rockery on roundabout.

 

Parish Clerk to speak with PCC and arrange for representative(s) to attend meeting to discuss roundabout, bridge, parking near Church, A47, Old Leicester Road and Peterborough Road, downgrading Old Leicester Road, gritting etc.  Cllr Holdich to be advised of date when agreed.

 

Village Map – Cllr Sortwell has obtained one quotation £1172.72, this does not include installation and art work.  Cllr Sortwell will obtain further quotations for next meeting.

Look at CAPALC website may have information worth looking at.

 

Underpass – Lights have been fixed but work still to be done.  Cllr Clarke will look at state of underpass and report back to clerk.  Report as follows: All the light fittings are working   although there are about 10 where one of the two tubes has gone. The light levels in the

underpass are fine although the approaches are a bit dark. This has been a problem since it

was built.  The inside of the underpass is in good condition. There is some graffiti but it is not particularly offensive. There are a lot of cobwebs inside but that is a feature of such places in Summer. Around mid-September the place would benefit greatly from a gentle pressure wash to get rid of the cobwebs abd general grime.  Both of the gulley drains in the underpass are silted up. They need to be cleaned out ASAP as any rain will cause flooding. In the approach ramps there are quite a lot of branches and other plant debris. This just needs collecting and disposing.  Clerk to request Fix It Van to do.

 

Community Hall – Cllr Stannage reported on finance and bookings situation to date.  New committee members have been appointed.

 

Japanese Knotweed – new owner of property is in contact with the relevant authorities.

 

Finance – cheque to P Taylor (is person who does Parish Clerk’s tax online).  Invoice for internal audit £80, showed additional item of £50 which indicated programme for calculating Parish Clerk’s tax (Cost £200 per year) this is split between Parish Clerks four councils.

 

Leasing of Land in Nene Close – it was agreed that the next step forward is to establish cost of lease.  Agenda item for next meeting.

 

  1. Finance:

Invoice Parish Clerk – Salary – £136.64

Invoice Parish Clerk’s tax from last meeting £102.48

The above invoices were agreed for payment

 

  1. Correspondence:

e-mail re Code of Conduct – it was agreed that this would be an agenda item for the next

meeting and that all councillors should bring completed forms to the meeting.

 

  1. Projects:

Toddlers Play Area to be an agenda item for next meeting.

 

  1. Matters for Consideration:

Seeds Field – concern expressed about what is going on – it was reported that some

residents had bought a strip of land to extend their gardens on properties to the West of

Robins Field.  PCC to be asked if any planning application is required or has been

submitted for change of use.

 

  1. Reports from Councillors:

Nothing to report.

 

  1. Dates of next meetings in the Community Hall:

Monday 10th September, 2012   Monday 8th October 2012

    

 

The meeting closed at9.05 p.m.

 

Actioned by: