WANSFORD PARISH COUNCIL
Clerk: Wendy Gray
25 Windsurf Bank, Tallington
Tel: 01778 341496
MINUTES OF MEETING HELD IN THE WANSFORD COMMUNITY HALL ON MONDAY 12TH MARCH 2012 AT 7.30 P.M.
Present: Cllr J Burrows
Cllr T Pearson – Chairman
Cllr G Stevens
Cllr T Sortwell
In Attendance: Wendy Gray Parish Clerk, Mr P Tate and Mr Jefferies
Parish Clerk – Salary – £136.64
Parish Clerk – Expenses – £63.56
Living Villages – £120.00
ZurichInsurance – £12.74 (amount missed off previous invoice)
All the above payments were agreed for payment.
1. Discussion RE signage – We have a few road signs in the village with corroded posts and some are damaged for one reason and another. We need to get these replaced / repaired as best we can and I believe this to be the responsibility of either highways agency or Peterborough PCC, if you could confirm I will then transact with the correct body.
2. Roundabout White Marking A1 southbound – believe this area is under the contract with Atkins on behalf of the highways agency so will contact Highways / Atkins directly.
3. Decommissioning the A6118 – believe this is under review at the moment as our Chairman has had conversations in this regard so we will not progress this for the time being until those considerations have some detail.
4. Village Boundary Markers on A47 – As Wansford village is located both North and South of the A47 we would like to consider signage on the A47 Eastbound predominantly, to denote entering Wansford Village. This would not only be pleasant but also act as a reminder to drivers to reduce their speed, maybe incorporate “watch your speed”. Ultimately it would be best to have this both east and west bound signage at the point of entering Wansford Village. From this information could you guide us to which dept would be responsible for this request.
5. A47 Noise Reduction – Currently we have an acoustic fence running along A47 behind Robinsfield as a sound deadening device, it has been brought to our attention by residents that the road noise on the west end of the village is increasing as traffic noise from the a47 increases. We would like to explore the possibility of extending the acoustic fence south down the edge of the village, maybe a couple of houses long to reduce the noise impact to these residents. Again, with this information could you direct us to the best dept to handle this request.
We would also add that the keep left sign at the start of the centre reservation on the eastbound A47 also needs replacing as it has been knocked over, if we could have clarification over whether its highways or PCC at that point, we have been told its PCC as highways responsibility ends at the west roundabout.
Cllr Pearson requested Village Design Statement to be given to New Councillor. Cllr Pearson
also confirmed that he had received notification on the rates for this next financial year and there
appeared to be an increase in the precept (we had requested it stayed the same). Parish Clerk to
speak with PCC for confirmation.
13. Dates of next meetings in the Community Hall:
Monday 16th April 2012 Monday 14th May 2012 Parish Meeting, AGM and PC meetings
The meeting closed at9 p.m.