MINUTES OF MEETING HELD IN THE WANSFORD COMMUNITY HALL ON

MONDAY 11TH JUNE 2012 AT 7.30 P.M.

 

Present:        Cllr J Burrows

Cllr S Forward

Cllr T Pearson

Cllr J Stannage – Chairman

Cllr G Stevens

City Cllr D Lamb

Members of the public:    Mr David Johnson

In the absence of the Parish Clerk, the minutes were taken by Cllr J Burrows.

 

  1. 1.    Apologies for Absence:  Cllrs Clarke, Sortwell and City Cllr J Holdich

 

  1. 2.    Declaration of Interest:  None

 

  1. 3.    Planning: 

 

12/00689/FUL: The construction of a new gate It was agreed that the need for a second gate has not been properly demonstrated, on that premise, the application has been rejected.  It was brought to the attention of the Council that residents in the immediate area of the proposed site were not notified of this permission request. A note of objection to the PCC will be sent by the Parish Clerk on this matter.

 

12/00505/FUL:  2 Yarwell Road. Following our approval, the application for a 4-bed detached dwelling was rejected by the PCC for several reasons. One of the main reasons is that construction would interfere with a protected tree.

 

12/00529/HHFUL: 49 Old North Road. This application was approved by the PCC.

 

  1. 4.    Minutes of meeting held on  2012: the minutes were approved and signed by Cllr Stannage, all in favour.

 

  1. 5.    Matters arising from the Minutes:
  • Council web site – Cllr Forward and the Parish Clerk are still to arrange a suitable time to meet for training on how to upload information onto the website.

 

  • The village bench – is yet to be installed. A working party will be formed to assist Cllr Clark with the installation. The aim is to have the project completed before the next Council meeting. Cllr Clark to obtain costing of the Jubilee plaque for the bench. We will discuss this at the next meeting when Cllr Clark is present.

 

  • Banking signatories – the process of adding signatories is complete. Cllr Clark, Cllr Pearson, Cllr Stannage are all signatories. Cllr Stevens to complete the forms to be added as a forth signatory.

 

  • 30mph wheelie bin stickers – The stickers are now available for collection at the post office. An extra ‘thank you’ sticker to be situated underneath the 30mph stickers was requested by Cllr Stannage to Cllr Lamb.

 

  • River landing stage – progress to be discussed at the next meeting when Cllr Clarke is present.

 

  • Diamond Jubilee – after the success of the village Jubilee celebrations, it was agreed for the Parish Clerk to arrange a thank you letter to be sent on behalf of the Parish Council to the committee of organisers.

 

  • Quality status reinstatement – needs to be resubmitted as the time has lapsed.

 

  • Visit from the tree warden – a visit will be required in June/July before the winter. Parish Clerk to organise a date with the tree warden and to inform everybody of when he will be visiting the village. Advertise in Living Villages for interested residents.

 

  • Post box – it was requested by an elderly resident on other side of the A47, that a post box be situated there to service the small cluster of houses. It would be highly unlikely that this would be approved, as its existence would be based purely on usage, which would be very limited in the proposed area. We will discuss further solutions for these residents, possibly collection of their post by Cllr’s.

 

  1. 6.    Finance:

Parish Clerk – Salary – £136.64

Parish Clerk – Expenses – £102.93

 

All the above payments were agreed for payment.

 

  1. 7.    Special Projects:
  • Roundabout – Cllr Stannage is to liaise with the Parish Clerk to see if there has been any progression in regards to contacting Atkins or the PCC. If not, we may seriously consider the sponsorship route.
  • Village Map/Information Board – final decisions to be made regarding the location of the board and the style of the board. It was thought a board in the style of an angled back, waist-height type would be more attractive and eye-catching than an upright board. Visuals of this style to be brought to the next meeting for agreement along with costing. To be finalised at the next meeting when Cllr Sortwell present.
  • Sign for the Community Hall, costing to be obtained and brought to next meeting.
  • Landing stage on River – still pending
  • Play area – to be progressed. Will be on the July agenda. There is a person on the PCC who deals with play areas. Cllr Forward to make contact for advice in moving this forward and invite them to a future meeting.
  • Cycle path – if community funding available for this we will try and progress this.

 

  1. 8.    Issues for Highways: 
  • Underpass – Amy Bowles from the Highways Agency has informed us that the lights in the underpass are scheduled to be fixed within 6 weeks (from the 22nd May). If this time lapses and they still have not been dealt with, the Parish Clerk will re-contact.
  • Non-working light post on Old Leicester Road – Amy Bowles informed that this light was scheduled to be fixed on the 31st May. It has not yet been dealt with. Parish Clerk to chase.
  • Concern remains about unsuitably heavy vehicles using the bridge. Parish Clerk to contact Brian Rowcroft of the Highway Agency who may be able to discuss our options in dealing with this issue. Also to invite a PCSO to one of our meetings.

 

  1. 9.    Correspondence:
  • Paul Green from the PCC replied to our request of meeting us for a bridge ‘walkover’ to discuss our concerns for the bridge. He is happy to do this, however, he did state that recent inspections of the bridge only highlighted superficial defects and he believes it will not require any repairs for some time yet. The bridge had a major refurbishment approximately 4 years ago, and because of this, it would not be marked as a high priority.
  • A letter from a resident who identified troublesome Japanese knotweed which is growing from private property up the side of the bridge. Although the property is not in our Parish, the bridge is our responsibility. Parish Clerk to mention our concern for the bridge due to this weed at the next Sibson cum Stibbington meeting.

 

10.Matters for Consideration:  We may be able to receive some funding for our information board and some of our play area through the Community Leadership Fund or the Thornhaugh Landfill Grant.

 

11.Reports from Councillors:  Cllr Pearson attended the RAF family fun day at the Wittering Airbase on Friday, 8th June after receiving a personal invitation. He met with the Station Commander, Richard Hill.

 

13. Dates of next meetings in the Community Hall:

      Monday 9th July 2012    Monday 13th August 2012

 

The meeting closed at 9.30 p.m.

 

Actioned by: