MINUTES OF MEETING HELD IN THE WANSFORD COMMUNITY HALL ON

MONDAY 10TH SEPTEMBER 2012 AT 7.30 P.M.

 

Present: Cllr J Burrows

Cllr S Forward

Cllr T Pearson

Cllr G Stevens

In Attendance:  Wendy Gray Parish Clerk,

City Cllr D Lamb

Members of the public:  Mr & Mrs Rodgers, Mr Carroll

Two Representatives from Nene Valley Tots – Jane Hunt and Becky Eames

 

Cllr Pearson chaired the meeting in the absence of Cllr J Stannage (Chairman) and Cllr T Sortwell (Vice Chair)

  1. Apologies for Absence:  Cllrs Clarke, Sortwell and Stannage

 

  1. Declaration of Interest:

                  None

 

  1. Planning: 
  • 12/01266/MMFUL  – Consultation on Minerals/Waste Application (Full) –  Proposed relocation of site offices and weighbridge at Cooks Hole Quarry, Leicester Road, Thornhaugh, Peterborough – discussions if relocating site office, why does it not show on map where they are going to be – no objections were raised, all in favour.
  • Seeds Field – several residents of Robins Field attended meeting.  Mr Carroll confirmed on behalf of the residents that they had each purchased 25 metres of land (part of Seeds Field) to extend their gardens. There are no plans to build on the additional land purchased and they did not require planning permission.  A Planning Officer from PCC had visited the residents.
  • 12/10089/WCMM – Variation of Planning Condition – Mick George, Cross Leys Quarry, received on the 10th September – Parish Clerk to request for an extension of time to respond.

 

  1. Minutes of meeting held on 13th August 2012:

Subject to minor changes “Mr Carroll was in attendance, Cllr Burrows (not Burgess)”

the minutes were approved and signed, all in favour.

 

  1. Matters arising from the Minutes: –

 

30mph signs – Cllr Stannage has received a further supply for distribution.

 

Visit by Tree Warden – took place on 5th September.  Cllrs Stannage and Pearson and

John Wilcockson (PCC Tree Officer) visited residents who had put in requests.  The

visit went very well and the advice given was much appreciated.

 

Roundabout – Cllr Stevens still in correspondence with Atkins – explained that the

Parish Council would like to make it look tidy, do not wish to adopt the roundabout.

Atkins now have an understanding of what the Parish Council would like to do –

Discussions are continuing.

The Parish Clerk is arranging for representatives of PCC to attend next meeting to

discuss roundabout, bridge, parking near Church, A47,Old Leicester Roadand

Peterborough Road, downgradingOld Leicester Road, gritting etc.

 

Village Map – in Cllr Sortwell’s absence to be discussed at next meeting.

 

Underpass – a request has been made to the Fix It Van to clean up area.

 

  1. Finance:

Invoice Parish Clerk – Salary – £136.64

Invoice Parish Clerk – Expenses – £64.29

The above invoices were agreed for payment.  Cllr Pearson will arrange for cheques to

be signed and forward to Parish Clerk

 

  1. Leasing of Land – Nene Close: We had looked at various locations and had various discussions resulting in the identification of an area of “Nene Close” owned by PCC as being most suitable.  Brian Davis of PCC has been very helpful and advised WPC on how to proceed and what is required in leasing this area of land.  It has been advised that the lease would cost £1 a year and the lease would need to be set up with Wansford Parish Council being the lessee.  It was proposed that we go ahead and lease the area of land in question.  All Councillors in favour.

 

  1. Toddlers Play Area: Nene Valley Tots is a voluntary group which runs a weekly session for parents and children in Wansford.  They have produced a flyer asking the following:
  • Where could we have a playground?
  • What equipment would you like to have?
  • How often would you use it?
  • What concerns do you have?

 

They have received views from 30 individual/family units favouring a play area within

the village which would be aimed at Toddlers up to say 6 years of age.

 

It was proposed that Cllr Forward take the lead and move this project forward.  Cllr Lamb

was also asked for consideration to be given for a donation from the Community

Leadership fund towards purchasing some of the appropriate play equipment needed.

 

  1. Code of Conduct: One completed form received, Parish Clerk to circulate forms to other Councillors for them to complete and return to Clerk to be then forwarded to PCC.

 

  1. Correspondence: Emails received re theRutland (Watson) Oil site problem:

Cllr Pearson will circulate all interested parties summarising the situation so far. (The planning issue had been taken up by PCC with Northants andEast Northantswho didn’t know what the planning situation was and declared that the noise issue wasPeterborough’s problem)

In conclusion the following point would be made:  Wansford Parish Council’s complaint has been about the noise and the time at which the work starts as well as planning issues.  To try to resolve this we send this synopsis of all that has been said so far on to the Peterborough Environmental Protection Team.  We would also ask that John Holdich and Diane Lamb investigate why this did not happen after our letter of August 18th and that George Russell (Northants) pursues energetically a legal view on the 2003 permission for excavation of the land.

 

  1. Matters for Consideration:

Signs being attached to lamp posts advertising

Litter Warden

Village Notice Board – needs varnishing

 

  1. Reports from Councillors:

Nothing to report.

 

  1. Dates of next meetings in the Community Hall:

Monday 8th October 2012   Monday 12th November 2012

    

 

The meeting closed at9.05 p.m.

 

Actioned by: 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Stannage

 

 

 

 

Cllr Stevens

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Forward

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Forward

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

Cllr Pearson