WANSFORD PARISH COUNCIL

www.wansfordvillage.com

Clerk: Wendy Gray

13 Dovecote, Rippingale, Bourne PE10 0SY

Tel: 01778 441312

wendy7wansford@gmail.com

 

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE WANSFORD COMMUNITY HALL ON MONDAY 8TH JANUARY 2018 AT 19.30 Hrs

 

Present:           Cllr J Stannage – Chairman

Cllr R Clarke

Cllr G Garner

Cllr M Handley

Cllr T Pearson

Cllr V Thorley

Cllr D Johnson

 

In Attendance: Wendy Gray Parish Clerk, 1 member of the public, Martin Fagan, The Community Heartbeat Trust and Peterborough City Cllr Diane Lamb.

 

Item N° Cllr Stannage welcomed everyone to the meeting. Action:
18(1)1 Apologies for Absence: Sgt R Passam  
18(1)2 Declarations of Interest: None.  
18(1)3 Martin Fagan, The Community Heartbeat Trust (Defibrillator):

At the Parish Councils request Martin Fagan was invited along to our meeting to provide information on how defibrillators work, providing some options for us to consider and answer questions we have before purchasing a defibrillator to house in the BT Kiosk.

 

The Parish Council requested that The Community Heartbeat Trust provide 2 quotes – 1 being for the totally managed scheme prior to our next meeting.

Agenda item for next meeting.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

18(1)4 Picnic Site: 

Parish Clerk requested update from HE and Police.  No update received from HE, Police response – no police reports relating to the site but we will continue to patrol the area.  Monthly updates to be requested.

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

18(1)5 Planning: 1 Planning Application was considered:

17/02359/CTR – 3 Old North Road, Wansford – tree on property has large branches over neighbour’s house which are now touching their roof – Parish Council will be guided by TO’s recommendations.

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

18(1)6 Minutes of the meeting held on 11th December 2017:

All in agreement for above minutes to be signed.

 
18(1)7 Matters arising from the Minutes:

17(12)16

Village sign obstruction – PCC advised their teams are currently in the Glinton and Wittering Ward carrying out works so this will either be picked up during or when the Tree Surveyors carry out the Ward Survey afterwards.

 

Lleylandii (Wharf House) overhanging bridge – letter sent to resident requesting branches are trimmed back.

 

Approach HE to determine what plans there may be to improve safety on the A1 between Alwalton and Stamford – request made, no response as yet.

 

17(12)17

a)     Elton Parish Council have requested surgery to attend one of their meetings for presentation, further clarification to be given.

 

 

18(1)8 Finance:

Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk – Salary October 2017 – £233.33

Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk – Salary November/December 2017 – £466.66

Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk Expenses – £82.31

D Knibbs – Litterpick/Clearing of leaves November/December 2017, January 2018 – £300.00

All in agreement for above payments to be made.

 

Zurich Insurance Invoice received today (too late to be posted on agenda), Parish Clerk to request extension of time i.e. to be included on February agenda.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

18(1)9 Precept 2018-2019:  It was unanimously agreed that the Precept would remain the same for this next financial year £11,985.  The Parish Council will review the budget in October this year to see if anything needs to change.  Parish Clerk to complete paperwork and forward to PCC.  

Parish Clerk

18(1)10 Wansford Community Hall:  1 quotation received (£7245.71 plus VAT) giving an indication of costs for Grant Application to be submitted (Parish Clerk advised partially completed but further information is required).  Cllr Clarke to advise on latest date for submission so that form can be completed and submitted.

 

A further 2 quotes would be required before Public monies could be committed.

 

Parish Clerk/Cllr Clarke

18(1)11 Ordnance Survey:  Parish Clerk reported query and response received – Parish Clerk will submit all Cllrs email addresses to PSMA who will reset and provide new passwords as needed.  

Parish Clerk

18(1)12 Highways:

a)       20 mph speed restriction – Closing date of 26th January – believe 4 month process (for legal side) to be completed.  Need to establish who will put up signs.

 

Peter Tebb would like meeting (agreed 17th January at 11 am) Cllr Clarke will confirm with PT, Cllrs Handley, Pearson and Thorley will also be in attendance (meet at the Church).

 

Further items to be discussed – Pothole report, Gulley’s need cleaning out, The under mentioned will also be discussed.

 

b)      Declassification (road signs)

c)       Markings in the Centre of the Village

d)      Road Surfaces

 

 
18(1)13 A47 Dualling:

No further information at this moment in time.  Cllr Clarke checked with HE, hope to get SAR (Strategic Appraisal Review) out by 15th January.

 

Access to Sacrewell – problem with route that has been suggested – see what it says in SARs.

 
18(1)14 Peterborough Local Plan Update:  Public Consultation launched which will run from Monday 8th January through to Wednesday 20th February 2018.  This is the final formal stage in the production of the Local Plan which sets out the council’s planning policies for growth and regeneration of Peterborough and the surrounding villages up to 2036.  
18(1)15 Peterborough Parish Conference:  As no one was able to attend Parish Clerk has requested a copy of presentation.  Chase up sent.  
18(1)16 Quality Status:

Parish Clerk to contact CAPALC to ascertain crossover of what we have and what is listed on criteria for application.

 

Parish Clerk

18(1)17 Correspondence: 

Brian Buckle, from a voluntary organisation called Friends of the River Nene.  Over the last 4 years, and with the help of generous landowners, we have been establishing accessible visitor moorings, some with access to local amenities, for both local and visiting boaters on the River Nene.  We now have 11 of these sites which include Glebe Farm Woodford, Peartree Farm Aldwincle, Wansford Station and Nene Valley Ski Club at Ditchford.  In addition, moorings at Stanwick Lakes and Doddington Mill will be coming into use soon.  The river bank below the picnic area on the A47 at Wansford has been suggested as a possible mooring location and we would like to send you our Introduction Pack which outlines what we are about in more detail.  Parish Clerk to invite to February meeting – agenda item.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

18(1)18 Matters for Consideration:

Website needs to be updated, village new etc out of date.  Cllr Thorley volunteered, Parish Clarke to give her details to Phil.  Going forward need to structure website.  Wansford & Kings Cliffe Practice advised in November 2014 domain not available for transfer – Parish Clerk to send further letter enquiring if this is still the case.

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

18(1)19 Reports from Councillors:

Cllr Clarke attended Parish Liaison meeting, presentation on budget proposals.

 

Very interesting presentation by Care and Repair Manager – if pensioner wants to get something fixed in their house there are 4 people in PCC to help them.  Ross Carr, Care & Repair Manager.

 

Presentation from Ian Dewar of CAPALC – training of Councillors – will roll out programme in due course.

 
17(12)18 Date of next meeting in the Community Hall:

Monday 12th February 2018

 
  Village Magazine Rota – reports for:

February – Cllr Thorley

March – Cllr Handley

April – Cllr Stannage

May – Cllr Garner

June – Cllr Clarke

July – Cllr Pearson

August – Cllr Johnson

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The meeting closed at 21.55 hrs