Minutes 21st August 2017



Clerk: Wendy Gray

13 Dovecote, Rippingale, Bourne PE10 0SY

Tel: 01778 441312






Present:           Cllr R Clarke

Cllr G Garner

Cllr D Johnson

Cllr T Pearson

Cllr J Stannage – Chairman

Cllr V Thorley


In Attendance: Wendy Gray (Parish Clerk), PCC Cllr D Lamb and 3 members of the public also in attendance.


  Cllr Stannage welcomed everyone to the meeting. Action:
1. Apologies for Absence:  Parish Cllr M Handley, PC Ricky Passam  
2. Declarations of Interest: Cllr Johnson re 17/00550/OUT.  
3. Picnic Site:

The problems with the A47 picnic site continue. The Parish Council has been in contact with Shailesh Vara MP, met with our Police and Crime Commissioner Jason Ablewhite, correspondence with Highways England and the police.  It was agreed that the Parish Council will now produce an action plan for Highways England to at least look into getting the amenities of the site properly maintained.







4. Planning:

17/00550/OUT – Construction of up to 14 prestige self-build dwellings and associated infrastructure with access secured and all other matters (appearance, landscaping, layout and scale) reserved – Field To The East Of Old Pump House, Old Leicester Road, Wansford, Peterborough – Wansford Parish Council are opposed to this application in the light of the revised drawings- the conclusion was that the scheme was not within the village envelope adverse impact on the SSSI and would support all other objections received.


17/01405/HHFUL – Covered bin storage (Retrospective) and installation of bi-fold doors to south elevation of house at Rivermead, Bridge End, Wansford – Wansford Parish Council would like to defer to view of Conservation Officer and be guided by his comments.






Parish Clerk






Parish Clerk

5. Minutes of the meeting held on 10th July 2017:

All in agreement that the above minutes were a true and accurate record and that Minutes should be signed as such.


6. Matters arising from the Minutes:

Roundabout – see 15 below.

BT Kiosk – Parish Clerk obtaining information re Defibrillators and costs involved.



Parish Clerk

Parish Clerk

7. Finance: 

Parish Clerk Salary – July – £233.33

SK Contracts – Handrail/Lighting – £7,042.50

D Knibbs – Litter Pick July/August – £100.00

Church Floodlighting – £120.00


8. Christie Hall:

Cllr Stannage reported Brian Watts making improvement – note to be sent offering a speedy recovery.


9. Speed Signs/20 mph Zone in Wansford:

No further update received from PCC – Parish Clerk to make direct contact with Andy Tatt to progress our requests asap.



Parish Clerk

10. A47 Dualling: 

The A47 Dualling scheme has progressed to the next stage.  Cllr Clarke has written a comprehensive article on this subject for inclusion in the next edition of Living Villages to bring villagers up to date with proposals.



Cllr Clarke

11. Village Plan:

Parish Councillors agreed to formulate a working party to proceed with this, look at inviting 2/3 Parish Councillors from other Parish Councils who also be looking at producing a village plan i.e. Sibson-cum-Stibbington, Sutton, Thornhaugh, Wansford and Yarwell.




12. Peterborough Local Plan Update:

Peterborough City Council published a further Draft version of the new Local plan in December 2016.  All schemes submitted were published by PCC in June 2017, these schemes will be looked at by PCC – some villagers reported seeing officials looking at the Thackers Close site.  The next draft of the Local Plan is due in November 2017 with a further period of consultation followed by a public hearing.  Wansford Parish Council’s view is that the Thackers Close plan is outside the village envelope and not in keeping with the PCC development The Crossleys Village scheme proposed uses prime agricultural land.  Wansford Parish Council will oppose the inclusion of either scheme in the local plan.  Cllr Clarke will draft some notes for publication in Living Villages.











Cllr Clarke

13. Correspondence:

Invite Mr Allman to next meeting

New Quality Assured Status – Agenda item for September with view to progressing (understand a high proportion of councils have allowed their status to lapse).



Parish Clerk

Parish Clerk

14. Matters for Consideration:

Request PCC to look at tree growth roadside of the north wall along Peterborough Road.

Concern with traffic flow over the old bridge when A1 is closed, note to go into Living Villages requesting residents opinions.

Look to cost the repairs to the hall, JS will bring to next meeting.



Parish Clerk




Cllr Stannage

15. Reports from Councillors:

Roundabout – in need of some attention, foliage needs cutting back.



Parish Clerk

16. Date of next meetings in the Community Hall:

Monday 18th September 2017


  Village Magazine Rota – reports for:

September – Cllr Garner

October – Cllr Stannage

November – Cllr Clarke

December – Cllr Johnson

January – Cllr Thorley

February – Cllr Handley

March – Cllr T Pearson









The meeting closed at 9.50 p.m.