|WANSFORD PARISH COUNCIL
Clerk: Wendy Gray
13 Dovecote, Rippingale, Bourne PE10 0SY
Tel: 01778 441312
MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE WANSFORD COMMUNITY HALL ON MONDAY 10TH OCTOBER 2016
AT 7.30 P.M.
Present: Cllr M Handley – Vice Chairman
Cllr D Johnson
Cllr T Pearson
Cllr J Stannage – Chairman
Cllr V Thorley
In Attendance: Wendy Gray, D Kirkland (Larkfleet), R Astle (Athene) and 5 members of the public
|1.||Apologies for Absence: Cllrs R Clarke and G Garner|
|2.||Declarations of Interest: None|
|3.||Sibson Garden Village Proposal:
Cllr Stannage welcomed Richard Astle (Athene) and Daryl Kirkland (Larkfleet Group Land Director)
Cllr Stannage opened with a brief introduction as to the reasoning for inviting Mr Astle and Larkfleet to the meeting and confirmed that whilst Wansford Council in general held an open view to the SGV EOI there were some major concerns – some of which may have a solution/remedy and some, which may not. He confirmed and acknowledged the concerns of surrounding councils and the potential significant impact and fully appreciated these concerns, which were:
· Traffic volumes onto the Wansford Elton Road and surrounding area
· The proposed 4 access points onto this road
· Was the SGV right for the site
· The size of the development was a small town not a village
· Volume of traffic and visual impact
· Flood plain area – where is the water going to go?
· Better to build in this location than add 100 houses here and there across the local village network
· Access onto the A1, financing of the new junction and the impact on the other close by villages
The 5 visitors made contribution along with all local councillors with a balance of views both positive and negative.
· The country clearly has a need and demand for housing and we should welcome the opportunity to participate in the project we owe it to future generations and the objections where based on technical matters which could be overcome, was one view offered.
Richard Astle then addressed the meeting:
· There is clearly a demand for housing and houses will have to be built. This is government led with capital support/investment for Roads/Education/Health.
· SGV as the government plan will be a self-sustaining village.
· There are many questions that need to be answered and if we don’t address the issues then it won’t happen!
· We need your thoughts and ideas
· Services first? – was not answered
· 40% of the site will be affordable housing – could not provide a clear definition of what this actually meant
· This would not be and cannot be just another planning application, stakeholder interest/stakeholder engagement/community owning
· Cambourne touched on in a negative way
· Example used Poundbury similar size
· Villages of the future
Daryl Kirkland also gave contribution.
· This would be the largest project Larkfleet have been involved in – largest so far 1000 units in Oakham
· Very early stages
· The government will provide funding for research and analysis
· Funding for infrastructure
· Local parishes encouraged to participate
· Wansford Health Centre has been contacted concerning the project and would be involved with discussions concerning health needs!
A leaflet drop has taken place around the surrounding villages.
16/01718/HHFUL – Proposed first floor balcony at 4 Robinswood, Wansford, Peterborough – no objections raised.
16/01553/HHFUL – Single storey side and rear extension, first floor side extension and replacement cladding at 13 Robins Field, Wansford, Peterborough – no objections raised.
16/01657/HHFUL – Removal of single storey gable and addition of first floor extension for front elevation and two storey rear extension at 5 Old Leicester Road, Wansford, Peterborough – no objections raised.
16/01849/FUL – Change of use to outdoor activity park and operational development to include formation of activity courses and tracks, embankments, fencing, entrance gates, vehicle wash area and tank, siting of containers, cabins and associated works at Andrews Quarry, Sulehay Road. Yarwell, Peterborough, Northamptonshire PE8 6PW – it was agreed our response would be as previously submitted.
|5.||Minutes of the meeting held on 12th September 2016:
Item (10) meeting held at Thornhaugh not Christie Hall subject to change all Cllrs agreed that the above minutes were a true and accurate record and that Minutes should be signed.
|6.||Matters arising from the Minutes:
Picnic Site – to be included on next agenda.
Peter Tebb to be contacted re lack of support with regard to road markings, time table to be requested.
6 Cllrs attended training session at Castor.
Wendy Gray – Salary August 2016 – £233.33
PKF Littlejohn (External Audit) – £360.00
The above payments were approved.
|8.||WI Centenary Donation:
Cllr Stannage chasing builder (Sheffield & Ford) to get works done, will report back at next meeting.
Item 9 and 12 to be combined.
Cllr Clarke met with Peter Tebbs to discuss options/costs. Looks like whole package will cost approximately £3000, Cllr Stannage proposed we allocate £3500 towards this project, seconded Cllr Johnson, all in favour.
No further move forward on the lease or the roof.
|11.||“No Parking” Signage Nene Close:
Issue re parking on Nene Close in particular visitors to play area. Cllr Stannage asked if the Parish Council would fund an official “No Parking Sign”, highways will allow us to do this. All in agreement.
We require 1 sign, similar design, size and fixing to the ‘Neighbourhood/ No Cold Calling signs to read as follows:
“NO PARKING FOR PLAY AREA – Please Use Peterborough Road”
Quotation to be obtained.
|12.||20 mph Zone in Wansford:
See 9 above.
Cllrs Clarke and Pearson attended meeting on the subject – not happy with what has been proposed – should we send a response from our meeting and our concerns that we have?
Not happy with what has been put on the table i.e. it happens, it works!
Parish Council Conference
PCC – Proposals for scrutiny of rural issues – copy to be emailed to all Cllrs, agenda item for next meeting.
|15.||Matters for Consideration:
Peter Tebb to be contacted re A47 Junction OLR road markings, safety issue, timetable when work will be carried out.
Little Chef Site, Wansford Mews – understand application has been withdraw for the flats.
Services now in, neighbour has access, contractors have done a very good job for the neighbour.
Ivy – it does not appear that any work has yet commenced – update required from PCC.
|16.||Reports from Councillors:
Village Magazine Rota – reports for:
November edition – Cllr Stannage
December edition – Cllr Garner
January – Cllr Handley
February – Cllr Pearson
March – Cllr Clarke
April – Cllr Johnson
May – Cllr Thorley
|17.||Date of next meeting in the Community Hall:
Monday 14th November 2016
The meeting closed at 9.55 p.m.