Here are the Minutes for October 2011
WANSFORD PARISH COUNCIL
Clerk: Wendy Gray
25 Windsurf Bank, Tallington
Tel: 01778 341496
MINUTES OF MEETING HELD IN THE WANSFORD COMMUNITY HALL ON
MONDAY 10TH OCTOBER 2011 AT 7.30 P.M.
Present: Cllr J Stannage – Vice Chairman
Cllr G Stevens
Cllr T Sortwell
In Attendance: No members of the public were in attendance
- Apologies for Absence: Cllr J Holdich, Cllr D Lamb, Cllr R Clarke, Cllr S Forward, Cllr T Pearson and Parish Clerk Wendy Gray
- Declaration of Interest: Cllr T Sortwell re 13 Black Swan Spinney
- 11/01462/TRE – Fell 26 dead/dying Larch TPO 9_79 at 1 Black Swan Spinney
- 11/01532/TRE – Fell 5 Larch trees, lateral prune to main trunk of 2 lowest limbs on one Sycamore tree at 2 Black Swan Spinney
Both of the above items were deferred until advice received from Tree Officer, there was
concern regarding the high number of trees in the requests.
- 11/01504/NONMAT installation of additional window at first floor front elevation at 11 Swanhill – response to PCC that if there were no objections from the neighbours, the Parish Council had no objections to this request.
- Minutes of meeting held on 12th September 2011: A true account of meeting, all in agreement.
- Matters arising from the Minutes:
- Pier Head – Cllr Stannage will attend PCC Planning meeting on the 11th October.
- Litter Bin – Parish Clerk has sent information to PCC, the Street Care Warden is reviewing the application. Unsure at present whether we will receive a Bin or have Bags. Concern was raised about vermin damaging bags and causing more litter.
- Ivy – safety issues were raised as it seems that someone has attempted to remove some ivy, unfortunately Parish Clerk had been unable to attend meeting with contractors regarding this. Cllr Stevens asked to be informed of the contact details and agreed to move this item forward.
- Street Lights on Bridge – no replies as yet, Cllr Stannage will make contact with relevant officer when at Town Hall tomorrow, Cllr Stannage suggested that we look at ways of reducing the amount of white light in village – the bridge and church lights as pale yellow/amber would be more appropriate for our village.
- Vacancy – Mrs Burrows has expressed an interest in becoming a Cllr. Can we co-opt a second Cllr?
- Village Bridge Gate. Parish Clerk to contact Sibson-cum-Stibbington PC asking for progress. Cllr Stannage asked to be the point of contact for this item.
- Mineral and Waste – The Parish Clerk has attempted to phone Mick George, but no answer. Cllr Stannage has an e-mail address which he will send to Parish Clerk. He will also make contact himself.
- Discussion regarding Signage, Roundabout White Marking (A1 Southbound), decommissioning the A road, Village boundary markers on A47, A47 noise reduction. It was agreed to invite the Highways Officer to a meeting at his convenience.
- Website – who will be regularly updating this for the PC?
- Sulehay Woods – individuals can contact the Northants Rights of Way Officer.
- Village Seat – contact Cllr Holdich re progress.
- Village sign/map – thought that this would be useful for walkers and cyclists. A suitable position would be alongside the current parish notice board.
- Invoice – Parish Clerk, Salary
- Invoice – Moore Stephens, External Auditors
Item deferred to next meeting, but will approve payment if we will incur late payment charge.Parish Clerk has information on potential investment accounts.
- Parish Plan: Agreed to remove this item from the agenda until such time as either PCC or the Government require a plan to be undertaken.
- Special Projects: – A church clock – Deferred to next meeting.
- Correspondence: PCC – Flood Warden Volunteers – this was advertised in LV. No response. Cllr Stannage offered to undertake this as he has previous relevant experience having been ‘snow warden’ for Easton in the past.
- 10. Councillor Training: Feedback from training sessions – Cllr Clarke attended one session, Cllrs Sortwell and Stannage attended all three. Tutor Ian Dewer was very informative and knowledgeable, The Councillors await their certificates.
- 11. Matters for Consideration:
- Community Notice Board – sponsored by Talktalk. This offer could be used to replace the notice board in Nene Close.
- White Lines round Paws and Claws – speak with Highways Officer.
- Cllr Stannage suggested looking at supplying households with 30mph signs for their wheelie bins.
- Cllr Stevens suggested we discuss the Litter Warden at the next meeting.
- Reports from Councillors: Wansford Community Hall – Cllr Stannage reported that Sue Mamone has resigned as secretary; the next meeting is on the 17th October.
Cllr Sortwell reported that she was unable to attend the Communicare AGM.
13. Dates of next meetings in the Community Hall:
Monday 14th November 2011 Monday 12th December 2011
The meeting closed at 9.15 p.m.