Council Minutes July 2011

Here are the minutes of the council meeting held  in July  Minutes 11-07-11


Present:     Cllr S Forward, Cllr T Pearson – Chairman, Cllr J Stannage – Vice Chairman, Cllr G Stevens

In Attendance:             Mrs W Gray, Parish Clerk, Mr J Sidebotham, Jess Burrows

  1. Apologies for Absence:

Cllr R Clarke

Cllr T Sortwell

Cllr D Lamb

Cllr J Holdich


  1. Declaration of Interest:



  1. Planning:


  • 11/00946/FUL – Consultation on Planning Application (Full)
    Construction of 3 bed dwelling – revised at Land at 2 Yarwell Road, Wansford, PE8 6JO
    Concern was expressed by Councillors as it appears that a tree has already been removed although it is now put forward as part of proposed application, the Parish Council would like to express their dismay that a tree has been removed already prior to confirmation of Planning Application being approved.  If we reported on previous applicaction “Should the tree (T1) be reduced for any reason that appropriate screening be put back. ”  If the Tree Officer is in agreement can you please confirm that this is/will be the case.Re the House: no objection to the change re building subject to materials being used as listed on the planning application.
  • 11/00976/CTR – Consultation on Conservation Area Trees Notification – Re pollard two small Willowtrees at Bank House, 3 Riverside Spinney, Wansford, Peterborough- If the Tree Officer is in agreement – no objections raised.


  • 11/00977/CTR – Consultation on Conservation Trees Notification – Pollard T3 Willow tree, fell T1 and T2 Sycamore trees at Anchor Cottage, 5 Riverside Spinney, Wansford, Peterborough- If the Tree Officer is in agreement – no objections raised.


  • 11/00979/CTR – Consultation on Conservation Area Trees Notification – Fell T6 Prunus Subhirtella Autumnalis Rosea from upper lawn because of Excessive shading and Fell T19 Populus Candicanus Aura at Lion Cottage, 4 Riverside Spinney, Wansford, Peterborough – If the Tree Officer is in agreement – no objections raised.



  1. Peterborough’s Trees and Woodland Strategy

      All o.k. with what is proposed.


  1. Minutes of meetings held on 13th and 20th June 2011

      A true account of meetings, all in agreement.


  1. Matters arising from the Minutes

       Litter Bin – Parish Clerk to speak with PCC with a view to obtaining bin for our

litter person and to arrange for it to be emptied.

Quotations for removal of ivy – at least 3 quotations to be obtained.


Street Lights on Bridge – light in Bay 7 has been damaged as a result we assume re the installation of the light.  Cllr Pearson will follow up.


Church Wall – is the pathway going to be reinstated.  Cllr Pearson will follow up.


  1. Finance

       To sign off Financial Risk Assessment – all approved, document signed off.


      The following invoices were approved for payment:

Invoices Parish Clerk Salary, Tax and Expenses – £136.64, £99.06 and £98.57 respectively.  All in agreement for above invoices to be paid, unfortunately there were not enough signatories in attendance therefore will be signed at next meeting.


  1. Parish Plan

Nothing further to report.


  1. Special Projects

      Need to manage list, add to each agenda where we are.


  1. Correspondence



  1. Matters for Consideration

       Removal of Ivy, Village Green re potential Play area, Church Wall – Councillors visited the above sites after the meeting – these items to be included on next agenda for discussion.


  1. Reports from Councillors

       Play area – Cllr Forward updated on the current situation – looking at ways of

Moving forward and what needs to be done.


Pier Head – request for Cllr Clarke to clarify.


Thornhaugh 1 – Cllr Stannage reported that lot of extraction is going on, are PCC

Aware.  Need to check what times working from in mornings and keep Cllr Holdich advised of activities.


Vacancy for Councillor – place advert inLivingVillagesand copy on Noticeboard.


Burial Ground Committee – last meeting had to be rearranged, we are fulfilling

our duties and objections.  Need to appoint another representative, Cllr Stevens put his

name forward this was proposed by Cllr Pearson and seconded by Cllr Stannage.


The meeting closed at9.15 p.m.and will be continued down on the Green.


  1. Dates of next meetings in the Community Hall:

      Monday 8th August 2011      Monday 12th September 2011


Apologies received for 8th August meeting – Cllr Sortwell, Cllr Stevens


Actioned by  
















Clerk: Wendy Gray

25 Windsurf Bank, Tallington

Tel: 01778 341496