Here are the Minutes for December 2011 Wansford 12th December 2011
WANSFORD PARISH COUNCIL
Clerk: Wendy Gray
25 Windsurf Bank, Tallington
Tel: 01778 341496
MINUTES OF MEETING HELD IN THE WANSFORD COMMUNITY HALL ON
MONDAY 12TH DECEMBER 2011 AT 7.30 P.M.
Present: Cllr T Pearson – Chairman
Cllr G Stevens
Cllr T Sortwell
In Attendance: There were no members of the public in attendance
- Apologies for Absence:
Cllr Forward, Cllr Stannage, Wendy Gray Parish Clerk, Cllr J Holdich.
In the absence of the Clerk, Cllr Sortwell kindly agreed to make notes, which would
be sent to Cllr Pearson immediately after the meeting.
- Declaration of Interest: None
- Planning: None
- Minutes of meeting held on 14th November 2011:
These were approved and signed.
- Matters arising from the Minutes:
- Planning for the Gypsy site – refused by PCC.
- Inert material, Thornhaugh Quarry – Cllr Pearson attended a meeting in a layby with a rep from Mike George, John Gough, and 2 reps from Thornhaugh. It was agreed that the contractors’ proposals were acceptable.
- Wansford Community Hall – Cllr Stannage has informed us that the hall now has full insurance so the one that WPC has can be cancelled. Have also received a grant from Talk Talk of £600. Health and Safety risks audits have also been completed.
- Village notice board, Talk Talk – it seems that we have missed this opportunity.
- New potential co-opted member of the Council – to be contacted a week before the next meeting.
- Living Villages Magazine – there was an ambiguity in the last report from WPC. An apology to the relevant resident has been made personally and an apology will be included in this month’s article.
- Wendy has received the lease agreement from the RBL for the Christie Hall, it was agreed that she could sign this on behalf of the PC.
- Sutton, Helpston and Elton have sent in their contribution for the recent training.
- No one present felt able to attend the Rural North Neighbourhood meeting on 15th December.
- Highways Officer – needs to be invited to our next meeting.
- It was noted that it was disappointing that many items from these minutes have not
been actioned. To help the Parish be more proactive it was agreed that Council meetings’ minutes
should be distributed within a week following meeting.
- Finance: Invoice Parish Clerk, deferred to next meeting.
- Special Projects:
Money has been received for the bench to be sited at the top of Old North Road. Installation to
It was decided that a letter be sent to the PPC asking for their reaction to the idea of a jubilee
clock being attached to the church tower.
- Parish council parking permits. The annual permits for Parish Councillors to attend meetings at the town hall have been rescinded.
- Martin Handley has given advice on cutting the ivy on the village green.
- We are still waiting for forms from the bank for Councillors to be authorised to sign cheques.
- Training costs cheques from other Parishes will all have been received by our January meeting.
- Quality status – resubmission in hand.
- Matters for Consideration:
Tree officer – a date needs to be arranged for his visit to properties in Wansford.
- Reports from Councillors: Councillors Pearson & Stevens had attended the Burial Ground Maintenance Committee meeting. The installation of the gate for St Andrew’s Church, Thornhaugh has been approved. The curbed graves are going to be tidied. Councillor Pearson is going to tidy the rose beds/gardens and replace those which have died. Lavender is going to replace the Aubretia at the sides of the main pathway. The financial statement was reviewed and it was deemed to be in good order.
Councillor Sortwell reported that The Christie Hall Management Committee is meeting in early January
12. Dates of next meetings in the Community Hall:
Monday 9th January 2011 – apologies Cllr Sortwell
Monday 13th February 2011
|Actioned by:Cllr Sortwell