Wansford Village

The Parish Council of Wansford deals with Wansford village north of the river Nene.

The village lies in the Unitary Authority of Peterborough City Council.

Archives

Minutes 9th March 2015

WANSFORD PARISH COUNCILwww.wansfordvillage.com

Clerk: Wendy Gray

13 Dovecote, Rippingale, Bourne PE10 0SY

Tel: 01778 441312

wendy7wansford@gmail.com

 

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE WANSFORD COMMUNITY HALL ON MONDAY 9TH MARCH 2015 AT 7.30 P.M.

 

Present:           Cllr G Garner

Cllr M Handley

Cllr T Pearson – Vice Chair

Cllr J Stannage – Chair

Cllr V Thorley

 

 

 

In Attendance:  Wendy Gray Parish Clerk, Mr A Nash.

 

     

  Action:
1. Apologies for Absence: Parish Cllr R Clarke, City Cllrs D Lamb, J Holdich and PCSO Michael Courtney-Hunt  
2. Declarations of Interest: None  
3. Peterborough Cycle West Project: Andrew Nash, Chairman of Peterborough Cycle West Project  – lives in Ailsworth.  Due to the lack of a safe cycle route westwards from the existing Green Wheel we are campaigning for the creation of a cycle route that would run westwards from Ailsworth towards the A1.  This would create a safe route for both leisure cyclists towards Stibbingon and Wansford, but also a possible route for commuters and more serious cyclists who wanted to access the network of roads the other side of the A1 without have to risk themselves on the dangerous A47.

 

To date we have held a series of meetings with the interested parties, mainly the Nene Park Trust, the Nene Valley Railway (both the principle land owners), and the City Council.  We have received much positive encouragement and support from all concerned but it remains for us, as a small voluntary group, to resolve the many issues and take the project forward. With the assistance of Sustrans (the main national cycling pressure group) we have examined different routes and are now promoting a route which will both run from Ailsworth via Sutton to the NVR railway station at Stibbington. From there cyclists can cross the A1 safely and travel either to Wansford or towards Elton. We have examined this route in detail and are in the process of resolving environmental and design issues with the Environment Agency and other bodies with the help of Sustrans. I am hopeful that we may be able to apply for planning permission in the next few months. Then of course we will have to apply for grant funding for the construction that is involved.

 

We have now reached a point when we must raise sufficient funds to pay for some essential assessments and studies that are needed both to obtain planning permission for the route, and to go on and produce a fully costed and designed plan that can attract major funding. As a first step we have to find approximately £2000 to pay for a preliminary ecological assessment and other studies of the likely route. We are making a similar request to a number of other neighbouring councils as well.  Any donations would be acceptable.

 

Cllr Stannage thanked him for attending the meeting and advised that the Parish Council would consider their request for assistance.

 
4. Planning:15/00161/CTR –  Re-pollard 23 Lime trees to historic pruning points (crown lifting

of all trees every two years and re-pollard every six years) at 3 Old North Road Wansford Peterborough – no objections were raised.

 

Mr Brown of The Croft, 3, Robins Field, Wansford attended meeting to update on progress.  This project is now well on the way but architect had shown lintels above

all the windows on all the drawings. Mr Brown not wanting to do this, would prefer

to run the Stamford stone across the top of all the windows to match the rest of the house. He has put in an application to change this and has been advised to make the Parish Council aware of proposed change.  The Parish Council were all in agreement and raised no objections to this change.

  

Parish Clerk

5. Oil Thefts:Report received from Carol Aston – oil thefts appear to have stopped at the moment.  Cllr Stannage met with Cross Keys re garage lighting in Nene Close.  Cross Keys are going to reinstate form of lighting that will not create shadows, area in front of houses on roadway is in darkness.  Suggestion made that residents look at placing their security lights higher up to prevent them being tampered with.  Parish Council will keep a watchful eye on this and assist where we can.  
6. Minutes of the meeting held on 9th February 2015:  It was agreed that the minutes should be approved and signed  
7. Matters arising from the Minutes: The Aidan Patrick Fogerty Will Trust – Agenda item for next meeting.

 

BT Superfast Broadband – Parish Clerk to obtain update for next meeting.

 

Police Commissioners Assistant attending April meeting.

 

PCSO – invite to April meeting.

 

Litter Bin – request made for a basic litter bin near the bench and a dog bin to be sited close to the sign on the green, PCC to sanction.  Parish Clerk to follow up.

 

Cycle Way – request made of Rights of Way Officer “can we upgrade to a bridleway”.  Response received suggest contact Peterborough Cycle West Project.

 

 

 Parish Clerk

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

Parish Clerk

8. Finance: Invoice Parish Clerk – Salary February – £216.66

Invoice Parish Clerk – Expenses – £104.81

Living Villages – £120.00

It was agreed that above invoices should be paid.

 
9. Wansford Community Hall:Letter received from WI re concerns that the Community Hall will close.  Cllr Stannage reported that he does not have time to be Chairman, Booking Clerk, Treasurer.  Has been trying to set up a meeting with committee ie Tim Pearson, Dora Baker (Friends), Sue Joyner (WI), Gill Fisher (Christie Hall) Gill Rastell (ANO) and himself.  The Community Hall needs some support.  The hall is currently used by the WI (2 hrs monthly), Friends of St Marys (1 hr monthly), Friday Night Group (2 hrs weekly), Peterborough City Council (elections).  PCC now use Church, British Legion no longer use the hall.  Income does not cover expenditure (hall charge £4 per hour).  JS is the only bank signatory, we need two – Cllr Pearson agreed to become a second signatory.  John Stannage and Parish Clerk will get accounts/invoices up to date (Cllr Stannage will meet with Clerk on 17th March with relevant paperwork).  Clerk to look into what Business Rates are paid.  Cllr Garner proposed that the Honorarium from the Parish Council is increased to £500, seconded by Cllr Pearson (as and when required).   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Stannage/

Parish Clerk

10. Leasing of Land – Nene Close update:Update received from solicitor re possible meeting with PCC/Parish Council/Solicitor – no news from PCC.  Cllrs Lamb and Holdich to be copied in to correspondence.

Completion of Planning Application still pending.

  

Parish Clerk

 

Cllr Stannage

11. Toddlers Play Area: Pending above.  Nene Valley Tots have some sponsors re signage on fencing.  
12. Village Notice Board/Map: Pending/ongoing.  Walks should be included on map ie conservation walk.  
13. Correspondence: Thornhaugh Liaison Committee meeting on Friday 20th March commencing at 10 a.m. and is being held at ENRMF site.

Signs on Robins Field – to be discussed with Police Commissioners Assistant at April meeting

PCC – Notice of Casual Vacancy for display on Noticeboard.

 
14. Matters for Consideration: Picnic Site – update to be requested.

 

Pot Holes on A1 – further note to be sent, whole village is affected by the noise/vibration (surface topping), advise concrete bridge northbound is grade 2 listed monument.

 

Light on Church – further letter to be sent requesting angle of light is altered.

 
15. Reports from Councillors: Cllr Stannage attended Christie Hall Management Committee AGM and meeting afterwards.  In good financial health, well supported by the community using it.  Quite a bit of expenditure, floor had to be repaired, roof (asbestos) needs to come off, looking for grants.  Christie Will Trust willing to support it with whatever it needs.  Copy of minutes to be circulated to all Cllrs,  Agenda item for next meeting.

 

Cllr Stannage would like to request that a letter is sent to Yarwell Parish Council (clearing the bridleway footpath to north side of Old Sulehay Woods) to thank who has done the works.  Footpath is now usable.

 

Reminder for Councillors – meeting to discuss Neighbourhood Plans /CIL – to be held on Monday 23rd March commencing at 4 p.m. in the Community Hall – Caroline Rowan, Cate Harding and Sylvia Radouani from PCC will be in attendance.

 

Village Magazine Rota

April – Cllr Handley

May – Cllr Clarke

June – Cllr Pearson

July – Cllr Garner

August – Cllr Stannage

September – Cllr Thorley

  

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

Parish Clerk

16. Date of next meeting in the Community Hall:Tuesday 7th April 2015 commencing at 7.30 p.m.  

 

The meeting closed at 9.31 pm

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>