Wansford Village

The Parish Council of Wansford deals with Wansford village north of the river Nene.

The village lies in the Unitary Authority of Peterborough City Council.

Archives

Minutes 9th February 2015

WANSFORD PARISH COUNCILwww.wansfordvillage.com

Clerk: Wendy Gray

13 Dovecote, Rippingale, Bourne PE10 0SY

Tel: 01778 441312

wendy7wansford@gmail.com

 

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE WANSFORD COMMUNITY HALL ON MONDAY 9TH FEBRUARY 2015 AT 7.30 P.M.

 

Present:           Cllr G Garner

Cllr M Handley

Cllr T Pearson – Vice Chair

Cllr J Stannage – Chair

Cllr V Thorley

 

 

 

In Attendance:  Wendy Gray Parish Clerk, Mr and Mrs Waudby, Mr Bartlett, Mr Allen, Mr D Jackson

(Buckles) , Mr P Bimson (BT), PCSO’s Martha Hurley and Michael Courtney Hunt

 

     

  Action:
1. Apologies for Absence: Parish Cllrs R Clarke, G Stevens  
2. Declarations of Interest: None  
3. The Aidan Patrick Fogarty Deceased Will Trust:  Mr Duncan Jackson, Trustee – advised that Wansford Parish Council had been donated £2,250 from the above trust to use in the local community.  The Parish Council accepted the donation and will advise the trustee where it will be used (to be discussed at later Parish Council meeting) in due course.  
4. BT Superfast Broadband:  Mr P Bimson, Regional Partnership Director, East Midlands – came along to advise on what is happening with Superfast Broadband supplied by BT in Wansford.  Green cabinets are to be upgraded (unlike other suppliers) all groundwork is in place and no roads will have to be dug up.  It is anticipated a leaflet drop will be carried out in the local community and through local media coverage when it goes live (anticipated going live by mid 2015). 

Residents close to the exchange will not be able to connect, Check availability via the Openreach web page.  “ As you may know, we normally provide fibre via a green cabinet that you see by the road side. Unfortunately you fall into a small proportion of homes and businesses that are served directly by your local exchange, by what we call an ‘exchange only line’. This means that our normal way of connecting you won’t work, however we are busy working on solutions to make this viable in the future.”

 
  Report from PCSO’s:  The work that has been done on heating oil and diesel thefts has now produced 3 identified criminals that are being actively sought.  Forensics puts them in targeted villages. 

The key message is about vigilance all the time – thanks to a good call from a member of the public on Monday police were able to arrest and detain three prolific burglars in Ailsworth – now being linked to crimes across several counties and other areas of Cambridgeshire.  Residents encouraged to report – understand 101 can be frustrating at times but if they believe a crime is underway or about to be committed that is a 999 call.

 

They can also sign up to Ecops so they get our alert messages – they can do that by logging onto the website at www.ecops.org.uk

 

Reported crime and incidents of note during the period 1st-31st January 2015.  This report is intended to inform communities of issues they should be aware of and will not include incidents such as domestic violence, personal assault for example.

 

Wansford – between 4th December and 6th January – burglary Old Leicester Road

Wansford – between 1st December and 9th January – theft of heating oil

Wansford – overnight  10th January – break into shed on Old North Road

Wansford – overnight 19th January – theft of fuel from lorry on A1 Wansford

Wansford – overnight 29th January – theft of fuel from vehicle parked on A1 layby

 

Cllr Stannage reported that he had met with Police Commissioner asking the question were they aware what was going on, advised increased early morning police patrols, the PCSO’s confirmed this was in fact the case.  Police Commission is arranging for one of his assistants to attend a future Parish Council meeting.

 

Angela Doherty from Cross Keys will be asked to attend next Parish Council meeting to discuss lighting in garage area of Nene Close.  She had arranged for the lighting at the garages to be made brighter and an electrician came out on 12th January but work was not completed due to a misunderstanding.

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

5. Planning:15/00010/HHFUL – Construction of first floor front and 1 ½ storey rear extensions, external rendering and detached double garage at 17A Old Leicester Road, Wansford

PE8 6JR – no objections raised.

 

14/01716/MMFUL – Limestone extraction and restoration, Thornhaugh IIB – revised details – no further comments to make, comments made in our previous letter stand.

 Parish Clerk

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

6. Minutes of the meeting held on 12th January 2015:  It was agreed that the minutes should be approved and signed  
7. Matters arising from the Minutes: Litter Warden – Wansford have produced a map of village where they have highlighted areas that they want checking/clearing of rubbish.  Parish Clerk will request Stibbington also produce a map.

 

It was agreed we would ask for quotes for clearing highlighted area on map once a month, disposing of rubbish etc.

 

It was felt that this would be the best way of controlling and avoiding escalating payments.  It was also agreed that we would trial for a 3 month period and then review.

 

Information will be included in living villages report from Parish Council to say that we are looking for Litter Warden which is (a joint initiative between Stibbington and Wansford) Parish Clerk’s contact details to be included for anyone who is interested.

 

Litter Bin – request made for a basic litter bin near the bench and a dog bin to be sited close to the sign on the green, PCC to sanction.  Still pending.

 

Cycle Way – request made of Rights of Way Officer “can we upgrade to a bridleway”.  Reminders sent awaiting response.

 

Mr Blake, The Firs – concerned about access road down to the river at side of his property.  Is there any chance of putting a barrier across roadway?  Anglian Water investigating.

 

Reduction of Noise from A1 – In response to our request Highways Authority confirmed regular checks are carried out.

 

 
8. Precept 2015/2016: It was unanimously agreed that the precept would remain the same as last year £11,485 (no increase).  Parish Clerk to complete paperwork and forward to PCC. Parish Clerk
9. Finance: Invoice Parish Clerk – Salary January – £216.66

St Mary’s Church Floodlighting Donation – £120.00

Community Hall Honorarium – £350.00

It was agreed that above invoices should be paid.

 

Letter to be sent with cheque for St Mary’s Church requesting light pointing down Yarwell Road is perhaps lowered (glare).

 

Risk Assessment – a copy was approved and signed off.

  

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

10. Leasing of Land – Nene Close update:  It was agreed that a meeting be set up with Solicitors, PCC, Cllrs J Holdich, D Lamb and possibly two Parish Councillors to try to finalise. 

Completion of Planning Application still pending.

Parish Clerk/Solicitor 

 

Cllr Stannage

11. Toddlers Play Area: Pending above.  
12. Village Notice Board/Map: Pending/ongoing  
13. Meeting with Police & Crime Commissioner: See above  
14. Correspondence: Resignation Mr G Stevens – Parish Clerk to advise PCC.

 

Peterborough Cycle West Project – The Parish Council would like to know more about the project and it was agreed to invite Mr Nash to a PC meeting.  It was also agreed to ask highways what they were going to do.

 

Yarwell PC Boundary Change – response to email “we have had only one written reply to our correspondence”.

 Parish Clerk

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

15. Matters for Consideration: With G Stevens resignation Cllr G Garner will attend TWBGC meetings with Cllr Pearson.  
16. Reports from Councillors: Meeting to discuss neighbourhood plans on 23rd March – information to be circulated to all councillors.

 

Village Magazine Rota

April – Cllr Handley

May – Cllr Clarke

June – Cllr Pearson

July – Cllr Garner

August – Cllr Stannage

September – Cllr Thorley

 Wendy Gray
17. Date of next meeting in the Community Hall:Monday 9th March 2015 commencing at 7.30 p.m.  

 

The meeting closed at 9.40 pm

 

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>