Wansford Village

The Parish Council of Wansford deals with Wansford village north of the river Nene.

The village lies in the Unitary Authority of Peterborough City Council.

Archives

Minutes 8th June 2015

WANSFORD PARISH COUNCILwww.wansfordvillage.com

Clerk: Wendy Gray

13 Dovecote, Rippingale, Bourne PE10 0SY

Tel: 01778 441312

wendy7wansford@gmail.com

 

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE WANSFORD COMMUNITY HALL ON MONDAY 8TH JUNE 2015 AT 7.30 P.M.

 

Present:           Cllr R Clarke

Cllr M Handley – Vice Chair

Cllr V Thorley

 

In Attendance:  Wendy Gray Parish Clerk, City Cllr D Lamb until 8pm, Mr A Allen part of meeting.

 

  Action:
1. Apologies for Absence: Cllrs Garner, Pearson, Stannage, City Council Ldr J Holdich  
2. Declarations of Interest: None  
3. Planning:15/00799/LBC – Demolition of 2no. existing 20th century extensions to the Mill building, conversion of the existing unused Mill building into a restaurant and residential accommodation and erection of side and rear extensions (works as described in Schedule of Works on dwg 930-05 C rec. 19/5/2015), erection of new fence and extension of existing wall to create car parking area at Yarwell Mill, Mill Road, Yarwell, Peterborough  Northamptonshire  PE8 6PS – no comments, Yarwell PC to be contacted again so that we can support them (copy of their response).

 

15/00798/FUL- Demolition of 2no. existing 20th century extensions to the side and rear of the Mill building (retrospective). Conversion of the existing unused Mill building into a restaurant and one residential unit, erection of  2no. replacement extensions in the same footprint as those being demolished, alterations to fenestration, insertion of roof lights, formation of balcony to the rear elevation. Formation of car park to include erection of fence  and erection of wall at Yarwell Mill, Mill Road, Yarwell, Peterborough, Northamptonshire  PE8 6PS – no comments, Yarwell PC to be contacted again so that we can support them (copy of their response).

 

15/00821/TRE – Fell English Elm tree at 5 Robinswood, Wansford, Peterborough – will be guided by Tree Officer’s recommendations.

  

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

4. Minutes of the meeting held on 11th May 2015:  It was agreed that the minutes should be approved and signed  
5. Matters arising from the Minutes: BT Broadband – no update received despite request, website has not changed.  Parish Clerk to keep requesting updates.

 

Litter Bin – Parish Clerk to contact Anne Nichol by telephone rather than email

 

A47 Picnic Site – request for porta loo to be installed – Parish Clerk to follow up.

 

Potholes A1/Potholes A47 – Cllr Clarke updated council on progress to date, Cllr Lamb will also follow up.

Speeding Signs – Agenda item.

Wansford Road, Yarwell – 30 mph sign covered by overgrown foliage.  Parish Clerk to advise Yarwell Parish Council to arrange for this to be cut back.  No response received at date of this meeting – sign still covered by overgrown foliage, Parish Clerk to send further request.

Community Infrastructure meeting – to be held at Community Hall on Monday 13th July at 2.00 p.m. – meeting confirmed.

 

Signage (cold calling)  – Agenda item.

Draft Rural Vision and Parish Charter for Peterborough – Agenda item.

Traffic Lights – Cllr Clarke referred to all correspondence that had been sent, Cllr Lamb will also follow up.

Parish Council Noticeboard – work has commenced i.e. wood has been rubbed down – decision to be made on whether to varnish (make it look new) or linseed oil (make it look old).  It was agreed it would be more in keeping with the village if it looked “old”.

 Parish Clerk

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

Parish Clerk

 

Cllr Lamb

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

All Cllrs

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Lamb

6. Finance: Parish Clerk – salary (May) 2015 – £216.66

Parish Clerk – expenses – £124.51

D Knibbs – Litter Picking (May) – £50

It was agreed that above invoices should be paid.

 
7. Leasing of Land – Nene Close update:  No further news from solicitor, no information forthcoming from PCC – email from Cllr Holdich to be forwarded to Cllr Lamb who will speak with PCC to move things along with Parish Council and our solicitors. 

Completion of Planning Application still pending.

Parish Clerk/Cllr Lamb 

Cllrs Handley/

Stannage

8. Toddlers Play Area: Pending above.  
9. Village Notice Board/Map:  Following last meeting Cllr Stannage had written to Laura for an update, to date no response has been received.  It was agreed in Cllr Stannage’s absence that Parish Clerk will contact Laura to establish if project has commenced and advise Parish Council of current status, if nothing has been done Parish Council will set wheels in motion to complete project asap.  
10. Speeding Signs:  Response to our request from Peter Tebbs, PCC – “I assume you mean Vehicle Activated Signs that flash up when vehicles approach them at excess speed.  Our experience with VAS is that they have a minor and short lived impact on vehicle speeds, and after 6-12 months the lose their initial impact and speeds return to similar levels to that which occurred before they were installed.  The Council will no longer install such signs, but if the residents or Parish wished to fund the full costs (£5-6,000 depending on power supply / solar powered options) then we would not object.  Some Parish Councils have gone down this route utilising their own funds.  If you look at Westcotec or Swarco via the following link, this will give you a starting point for the various VASavailable http://www.westcotec.co.uk/moto.html or http://www.swarco.com/stl/Products-Services/Signs/Vehicle-Activated-Signs.  We would need to approve the details of any such signs being used and would issue the Parish Council with a licence to allow the equipment to be placed on the highway, the licence is done at no cost and we would be able to offer advice regarding siting etc.  It was agreed that Parish Council would obtain quotes of various equipment available.   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cllrs

11. Neighbourhood Watch Signage:  Response to our request from Peter Tebbs, PCC – “I don’t recall ever being asked about these signs by anybody else previously.  Providing the method of fixing does not damage the street furniture (lamp post / signpost etc) and the signage does not cause a danger to pedestrians then you are fine to proceed.”  It was agreed that Cllrs would look into costings for suitable signage for placing around the village.   

 

 

Cllrs

12. Draft Rural Vision and Parish Charter for Peterborough:  Cllr Clarke reported document looked good – suggested once everyone had had a chance to read through document in more detail, if anyone had any comments to make to forward them to Parish Clerk.  Deadline for response is 31st July and it was agreed we should send a response.  
13. Correspondence: None.  
14. Matters for Consideration: Mr and Mrs Janes exasperated by amount of weeds outside the hall – could they be cut down (seeds blowing into their garden) – it was agreed Cllr Handley would speak to them to see what they want to do. 

Recent meeting with Andy Tatt, Head of Highways for PCC re NCC Mineral and Waste Plan Update attended by Cllrs Clarke, Handley and Stannage – Cllr Clarke will send email enforcing message.

 Cllr Handley

 

 

 

Cllr Clarke

15. Reports from Councillors: Cllr Clarke reported on meeting with Andy Tatt on 5th June, Cllr Lamb will reinforce message with Andy Tatt.

 

Cllr Clarke reported on last Parish Council Liaison meeting – agenda being set for next meeting where they will be talking about the Charter – thoughts were there would need to be a lot of discussion about parishes taking on additional duties.  More training will be required for the clerk re tendering and managing contractors.

 

Cllr Thorley will prepare report for Living Villages in Cllr Stannage’s absence.

 

Village Magazine Rota – reports for:

July edition – Cllr Thorley

August edition – Cllr Garner

September edition – Cllr Stannage

October edition – Cllr Handley

November edition Cllr Clarke

December edition – Cllr Pearson

 Cllr Lamb

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Thorley

16. Date of next meeting in the Community Hall:Monday 13th July 2015 commencing at 7.30 p.m.  

 

The meeting closed at 9.25 pm

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>