Wansford Village

The Parish Council of Wansford deals with Wansford village north of the river Nene.

The village lies in the Unitary Authority of Peterborough City Council.

Archives

Minutes 7th April 2015

WANSFORD PARISH COUNCILwww.wansfordvillage.com

Clerk: Wendy Gray

13 Dovecote, Rippingale, Bourne PE10 0SY

Tel: 01778 441312

wendy7wansford@gmail.com

 

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE WANSFORD COMMUNITY HALL ON TUESDAY 7TH APRIL 2015 AT 7.30 P.M.

 

Present:           Cllr R Clarke

Cllr G Garner

Cllr M Handley

Cllr T Pearson – Vice Chair

Cllr J Stannage – Chair

Cllr V Thorley

 

 

 

In Attendance:  Wendy Gray Parish Clerk, City Cllr D Lamb, 3 members of the public

 

     

  Action:
1. Apologies for Absence: City Cllr J Holdich and PCSO Michael Courtney-Hunt  
2. Declarations of Interest: None  
3. Nicola Fenton – Police Commissioner’s Assistant: Apologies received from Nicola Fenton (ill), as Nicola leaves her current role at the end of this week she will arrange for her replacement to attend a meeting once appointed.

 

Items to be discussed:

Oil Thefts

Cold Callers/Neighbourhood Watch signs

 
4. Planning:15/00405/TRE – Consultation on application for Notice of Works to Tree(s) protected by a Tree Preservation Order: The following application for Notice of Works to Tree(s) protected by a Tree Preservation Order has been made to Peterborough City Council.  Tree works as per attached schedule at 4 Robinswood, Wansford, Peterborough PE8 6JQ – no objections.

 

15/00410/CTR – Consultation on application for Works to Trees situated within a Conservation Area: The following application for Works to Trees situated within a Conservation Area has been made to Peterborough City Council.  Pollard 2 x willow trees at 2 Riverside Spinney, Wansford, Peterborough PE8 6LF – no objections.

 

15/00229/MMFUL and 15/00230/MMFUL – Restoration of part of quarry to original ground levels using inert materials and consequential amendments to the restoration scheme, Cooks Hole Leicester Road Thornhaugh Peterborough and extensions and alterations to proposals for Thornhaugh II:  Cllr Clarke drafted response to PCC advising “this application was considered by Wansford Parish Council at a meeting held on Tuesday 7th April 2015. The meeting was attended by 6 parish councillors, one city councillor and three members of the public. The parish council have reviewed the extensive documentation for this application and are impressed by the technical quality of the submission. In addition, the applicants have set up three visits to the site for residents of the area and have invited all parties to submit any queries that they have to the applicant or to their professional advisors. The main issue in Wansford from the workings at Cooks Hole and Thornhaugh II is noise, particularly from hydraulic breakers. This is however at an acceptable level and is well within the criteria already agreed for these workings. Our neighbours at Thornhaugh are effected much more by these works and we support them in any issues that they may wish to raise with the applicant or Peterborough City Council.”

Cllr Stannage reported had attended Thornhaugh Liaison Committee Meeting, Augean reported not planning to excavate landfill until January 2016.  Augean would be happy for people to visit site or they would be happy to attend a future Parish Council meeting.

  

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

5. Oil Thefts:Report received from Carol Aston – no oil thefts in last month.  4 arrests in relation to heating oil/diesel theft across our rural areas following an extensive police investigation – offenders arrested out of County – three remanded immediately one on bail and being investigated.  Will update at the two panel meetings in the next couple of weeks but wanted to get this excellent news out to us – have sent out on Ecops and NHW.   Carole reported that whilst arrests are good news – criminals have found their way into our rural villages – so would ask all residents to remain vigilant – it is down to the great reports they have received in recent weeks that arrests have been made and burglars arrested at scene of an attempt.  
6. Minutes of the meeting held on 9th March 2015:  It was agreed that the minutes should be approved and signed  
7. Matters arising from the Minutes: BT Superfast Broadband – update requested.

 

Peterborough Cycle West Project – Parish Clerk to ascertain how much funding have go so far, WPC want to be supportive.

 

Litter Bin – request made for a basic litter bin near the bench and a dog bin to be sited close to the sign on the green, PCC to sanction.  Cllr Lamb and Parish Clerk will follow up.

 

Picnic Site – work should have commenced 30th March – Cllr Garner will visit site and report back.

 

Pot Holes on A1/Noise – Charles Simpson, Office Manager for (Shaleish Vara MP) is also investigating following letters received from residents and information supplied to him by Parish Clerk, he will keep us advised of progress.

 

Light on Church – is being sorted.

 

Pot Holes on A47 – we had received notification that these would be filled in when road re-surfaced (March), as work seems to be behind schedule further clarification to be sought when this will be done – size of potholes dangerous to vehicles.  Parish Clerk to ascertain when works will now be carried out.

 Parish Clerk

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

Cllr Lamb/

Parish Clerk

 

 

Cllr Garner

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

8. Finance: Invoice Parish Clerk – Salary March – £216.66

It was agreed that above invoice should be paid.

 
9. Wansford Community Hall:Cllr Pearson has been added onto the bank signatory list.  All invoices have been sent out to December 2014 and most payments have been received.  Cllr Stannage will set up a meeting with the committee to discuss way forward.  
10. Donation from The Aidan Patrick Fogerty Will Trust:Money donated to the benefit of the community.  Suggestions –

a)     Improve outer boundary Old Leicester Road, should we work with PCC on this.

b)     Remove ivy on wall opposite Church – Cllr Pearson proposed we get 3 quotes for removal and eradication of ivy.  Seconded Cllr Stannage.  Work in liaison with Dr Jefferies.  Cllr Clarke will speak with contact he has.

c)     New seat on Old Leicester Road fitted with plague saying where donation has come from.

Parish Clerk to write to solicitors advising of our proposals.

  

 

 

 

 

Cllr Clarke

 

 

Parish Clerk

11. Christie Hall:Cllr Stannage attended meeting on 26th February and Minutes of AGM had been circulated to all Cllrs.  The Hall is in a good financial position with a contingency fund available.  Future projects – repairs to floors, roof and gutters.  
12. Leasing of Land – Nene Close update:Cllr Stannage raised his concern – WPC are covered for cost of re-instating the equipment should notice be served by PCC.  However, the responsibility is on WPC to find alternative land, as stated in Para 5.  Para 7 – although the PCC need to protect development rights/ potential, the area identified for the enclosed play area is specifically excluded from the 3 month notice period.  If this is the case for Para 7, could it also extend to relate to Para 5?  Note to be sent to solicitor to seek clarification.

 

Completion of Planning Application still pending.

  

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Stannage

13. Toddlers Play Area: Pending above.  
14. Village Notice Board/Map: Pending/ongoing.  
15. Correspondence: Email from Mark Deas re Housing Needs Survey follow up – survey has been received, only area which may be feasible is Seeds Field, no further correspondence received re this.  Parish Clerk to advise.

 

Gigaclear – Dr Jefferies had expressed concern as he knew nothing about this and what was happening.  Cllr Stannage requested that Gigaclear is asked to contact Dr Jefferies to advise him of what is happening.  Parish Clerk to contact Gigaclear.

 

Boundary Change – 2 letters received, no letter from landowner who attended meeting (3 No’s).  Letter to be sent to YPC “We have considered this matter thoroughly, and although disappointed only two residents cared to respond in writing, WPC will not proceed with the present proposals as identified in the letter to YPC and subsequent letters to the six Yarwell residents.  However, if any resident or business approaches WPC with a similar request, we are willing to consider this matter again.”  A request is also to be made to ask if Cllr Stannage could attend one of their PC meetings.

  

Parish Clerk

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

16. Matters for Consideration: Precept 2015 – 2016 – although we did not increase the precept last year did not expect an increase.  Why have we sustained a 9.8% increase?  Parish Clerk to write to PCC, Cllr Lamb will also ask question.

 

Peter Tebbs PCC – re walk around – jobs agreed to be done – Parish Clerk to ascertain timescale for completion.

 

Drains on bridge (culvert) – have never been cleaned, leaves need clearing, drains full of leaves on Old North Road – Parish Clerk to contact Amey.

 

Concern expressed re speeding – request to me made for use of Speedwatch equipment for village.  Parish Clerk to request use of equipment.

 

VE Day – do we have any plans to celebrate this?

 Parish Clerk/

Cllr Lamb

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

Parish Clerk

17. Reports from Councillors: At our next meeting in May we are due to appoint a new Chairman – do we have any nominees?

 

Bonfires – burning of garden rubbish and then going away from property leaving unattended – Parish Clerk to contact Environmental Health for advice.

 

Cllr Clarke attended Planning Committee meeting this afternoon where Bullimores application was considered – application was approved with conditions to be set.

 

Village Magazine Rota

May – Cllr Clarke

June – Cllr Pearson

July – Cllr Garner

August – Cllr Stannage

September – Cllr Thorley

October – Cllr Handley

  

 

 

Parish Clerk

18. Date of next meeting in the Community Hall:Monday 11th May 2015 commencing at 7.30 p.m. Annual Parish Meeting followed by AGM and General Parish Council Meeting.  

 

The meeting closed at 9.40 pm

 

 

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>