Wansford Village

The Parish Council of Wansford deals with Wansford village north of the river Nene.

The village lies in the Unitary Authority of Peterborough City Council.

Archives

Minutes 18th September 2017

WANSFORD PARISH COUNCIL

www.wansfordvillage.com

Clerk: Wendy Gray

13 Dovecote, Rippingale, Bourne PE10 0SY

Tel: 01778 441312

wendy7wansford@gmail.com

 

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE WANSFORD COMMUNITY HALL ON MONDAY 18TH SEPTEMBER 2017 AT 7.30 P.M.

 

Present:           Cllr R Clarke

Cllr G Garner

Cllr D Johnson

Cllr T Pearson

Cllr J Stannage – Chairman

Cllr V Thorley

 

In Attendance: Wendy Gray (Parish Clerk), Mr B Clary, Sgt Ricky Passam and PCSO, 4 members of the public also in attendance.

 

  Cllr Stannage welcomed everyone to the meeting. Action:
1. Apologies for Absence:  Cllr D Lamb  
2. Declarations of Interest: None.  
3. Picnic Site:

Sgt Ricky Passam and colleague were in attendance to update on what is happening and where they can help “especially the Public Spaces Protection Order”.

 
4. Planning:

Mr Bryan Clary, Tree Officer, Natural & Historic Environment Team, Sustainable Growth Strategy, Growth & Regeneration Directorate, Peterborough City Council –

Brian explained his role within Peterborough City Council and his involvement when new planning applications are submitted and the different sorts of TPO’s.

 

17/01699/TRE – Fell Maple tree at 3 Robinswood, Wansford, Peterborough – no objections will be guided by TO recommendations.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

5. Minutes of the meeting held on 21st August 2017:

All in agreement that the above minutes were a true and accurate record and that Minutes should be signed as such.

 
6. Matters arising from the Minutes:

Picnic Area – draft bullet point list and meet on site with HE – need list of actions:

·       Emptying all litter bins on a regular schedule

·       Mowing on a regular schedule

·       Maintained in a fit state to be used as a Picnic Site

·       Opening toilets

·       Modifying toilets

i.e. addressing problem – people visiting site have somewhere to go

Cllr Stannage will do report and submit to councillors.

 

Wansford Roundabout – HE notified roundabout is in need of some TLC, overgrown vegetation, making visibility difficult for drivers.

 

Belisha Beacon – reported to PCC lighting that lights need replacing, PCC lighting issued order to Maint Repair Team to fix.

 

Tree growth on roadside of the north wall along Peterborough Road reported to highways.

 

Refurbishment of hall – lot of work needs to be done to bring up to date – agenda item for next meeting.

 

Defibrillator – request for someone from Community Heartbeat to attend our meeting in October – unfortunately no one available at this time, will request for November/December.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Stannage

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

7. Finance: 

Parish Clerk Salary – August – £233.33

Parish Clerk Expenses – £156.40

PKF Littlejohn, External Audit – £120.00 – this item was not on agenda but as figure agreed in budget deemed acceptable to make payment.

 

Audit of Annual Return – no adverse comments made – copies of relevant sections to be forwarded to Cllrs and copy put on website.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

8. T&WPCBGMC – request for grant towards essential maint works:

Request for funding towards essential maintenance works that needs to be completed before the end of the year – this would be a one off request.  All Cllrs agreed for a payment of £1000 to be made (on agenda under Finance for October meeting).

 

Confirmation Cambridgeshire have amended their Gazetteer to reflect changes to the road classification.  The A6118 has now been de classified as follows:

·       A6118 from the A1 slip roads to the ‘T’ junction has been de classified  to a B class road, the B671, to join the existing B671  from Elton and to provide a continuous and cohesive route.

·       A6118  London Road from the ‘T’ junction heading north to the bridge/county administrative boundary, has been de classified to the C340.

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

9. WI Centenary Contribution:

Donation received for £500 towards railings – cheque made payable to Wansford Community Hall, cheque to be paid into this account and cheque raised to reimburse Parish Council at next meeting.  A big thank you expressed to the WI for their contribution to these works.

 
10. Christie Hall:

CHMC has lost a stalwart chairman following the sudden death of Brian Watts – no meeting scheduled as yet, hall is in a good form now, very well used within the village, will update when anything further happens.

 
11. Speed Signs/20 mph Zone in Wansford:

Copies of emails sent to Andy Tatt, Andy Tatt will speak with Peter Tebb and update on the situation.

 
12. A47 Dualling: 

Thank you to Cllr Clarke for all the work done on the above – hope for a good attendance at meeting on the 19th.

 
13. Village Plan:

Working party still to be formulated.  Agenda item for next meeting.

 

Cllrs

14. Peterborough Local Plan Update:  Able to publish official draft at the end of period of public consultation – does not include 420 houses North of OLR and Seeds Field.  
15. Quality Status: Doable agenda item for next meeting.  
16. Correspondence:

One response received from resident to article re bridge published in LV.

 
17. Matters for Consideration:

Round children’s play area brambles getting overgrown, on house side also.

 
18. Reports from Councillors: None.  
19. Date of next meetings in the Community Hall:

9th October 2017

Apologies received in advance from Cllr Clarke who will not be able to make October meeting.

 
  Village Magazine Rota – reports for:

October – Cllr Stannage

November – Cllr Clarke

December – Cllr Johnson

January – Cllr Thorley

February – Cllr Handley

March – Cllr T Pearson

April – Cllr G Garner

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The meeting closed at 9.55 p.m.

 

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>