Wansford Village

The Parish Council of Wansford deals with Wansford village north of the river Nene.

The village lies in the Unitary Authority of Peterborough City Council.

Archives

Minutes 14th July 2014

WANSFORD PARISH COUNCILwww.wansfordvillage.com

Clerk: Wendy Gray

13 Dovecote, Rippingale, Bourne PE10 0SY

Tel: 01778 441312

wendy7wansford@hotmail.co.uk

 

 

THE MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE WANSFORD COMMUNITY HALL ON MONDAY 14TH JULY 2014 AT 7.30 P.M.

 

Present:           Cllr R Clarke

Cllr L Fox-Clipsham

Cllr T Pearson

Cllr J Stannage – Chair

Cllr V Thorley

In Attendance: Cllr D Lamb, Mr M Handley, Mr G Bedford,

  Action:
Apologies for Absence: Cllr J Holdich  
Declarations of Interest: Cllr Fox-Clipsham (14 Old North Road)  
Co-option of Councillor:Mr M Handley was the only applicant that had replied to the vacancy.  Cllr Stannage proposed that Mr Handley be elected onto the Parish Council, this was seconded by Cllr Pearson, all other councillors in agreement.

 

Mr Handley then joined the Cllrs.

 
Planning:14/01072/TRE – Consultation on Preserved Trees Application

Fell 16 x Larch, 4m Crown lift and 20% Crown 1 x Beech at 8 Black Swan Spinney, Wansford PE8 6LE – subject to approval of Landscape Officer the Parish Council have no objections.

 

14/01123/HHFUL – Single storey kitchen extension and the replacement of the main gates at 4 Yarwell Road, Wansford, PE8 6JP – general planning application in the first instance no objections raised, whilst the Parish Council would refer PCC to drawing “Floor Plan and Boundary” relating to the drain “are PCC happy with the drain?”

 

14/01175/HHFUL – Consultation on Householder (Full)

Proposed single storey side and rear extension, demolition of existing garage and conservatory at 14 Old North Road, Wansford PE8 6LB – no objections raised.

 

14/01228/HHFUL – Consultation on Householder (Full)

Detached garage and car port at 63 Old North Road, Wansford PE8 6LB

– no objections raised.

 
Minutes of the meeting held on 9th June 2014: It was agreed that the minutes should be approved and signed  
Matters arising from the Minutes: Challenge handrail costs with PT.  Footpath – ie northern end of village etc (PT walk round with councillors).  Zig Zag crossing – PT discussion.  Meeting to be arranged with Peter Tebbs from PCC (Cllr Stannage quite happy to meet with him).

 

PCC response on changing the boundaries. Unfortunately they have misunderstood the question and they think that we are just moving boundaries within PCC. Cllr Clarke will try again.  Proposed mail drop houses in area, find out what all residents think, also communicate with Yarwell PC.  Cllr Clarke happy to pursue on behalf of Wansford PC, put letter together, include Kings Cliffe depot.  Cllr Clarke will write letter and include map, Cllr Stannage will deliver.

 

Land alongside the Nene up to the Wansford Surgery in control of Countryside Trust which is based in Northamptonshire.

  

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

Cllr Clarke

and

Cllr Stannage

Finance: Invoice Parish Clerk – Salary June – £216.66

It was agreed that this invoice should be paid.

 
Leasing of Land – Nene Close update: Cllr Clarke has spoken with Mr Tate and asked if he will look at draft lease for the Parish Council.

 

Kim Sawyer is solicitor to the council.  Question why “Licence” we want “Lease”.

 

Initial changes Parish Council agreed:

Term of 25 years

What to put on the land

PCC carry out safety checks (ie PCC of their contractor)

Parish Council pay maintenance of equipment

How often are safety checks carried our (weekly/localised), quarterly and annually may need to get PCC to do

 

Cllr Clarke suggested we get comments from Paul Tate on document, write letter to PCC saying “we have received your document, we have the following concerns, if you would care to redraft, we would like meeting with your solicitor and our legal advisor to finally resolve things”.

 

Do we need planning permission – Parish Clerk to enquire of PCC planning department.

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

Toddlers Play Area: Cllr Stannage and Nene Valley Tots met with Grantscape, Grant of £30,000, CTP required an amount of £3,409 (Parish Council will pay) – this has to be paid before release of grant monies.  Looking around 6 month time line for completion.  Nene Valley Tots advise they have a private donor if they fall short of funds.  
Village Notice Board/Map:  
Underpass – Lighting, flooding, cleanliness etc, Bus Stop, Post Box:Underpass: Cllr Clarke ran light meter through lights at underpass, did go below requirements.   An update given of what/has been done so far.  Cllr Lamb will chase Peter Tebb after which a meeting can be arranged with resident/councillors.  Cllr Lamb will be visiting village next week for annual walk around with cllrs will take them through underpass area.  Pavement on north side of the tunnel down and on certain points 4 surfaces visible – PCC came out and repaired section of pavement outside of their homes why not this area?  Apology given by Cllr Clarke to resident for comments made.

 

Bus Stop – request drop off – Parish Clerk to follow up progress with Alan Deadman of PCC and also enquire about Old Leicester Road!

 

Post Box – this issue was looked at a couple of years ago, Parish Clerk to raise again with Royal Mail.

  

Parish Clerk/

Cllr Lamb

 

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

Correspondence: Letter re state of land around Community Building – area has been sprayed.  Parish Clerk to write to resident.  Parish Clerk
Matters for Consideration:Report for Living Villages – Cllr Fox-Clipsham will write the Living Villages article for August.  Cllr Fox-Clipsham
Reports from Councillors: Parish Liaison Meeting – covered important issue of boundary review of elected wards.  Second round consultation has quite substantial effect on this, each ward to have 3 councillors but no reason given for this.  We have until 16th October to make our comments, individuals to write in.  Agenda item for next meeting “Liaison Committee Meeting Minutes Discussion” and “Ward Extensions”.

 

It was suggested that perhaps a letter from the Parish Council might help with regards to Post Lady being moved to another area considering she only has a few months until she retires.  “We hope the Post Office/Royal Mail takes note of the villages concerns and the substantial petition that has been signed by residents.

 

Bollards turning into Old Leicester Road have been knocked down.  Parish Clerk to advise Peter Tebbs at PCC.

  

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

Parish Clerk

Dates of next meeting in the Community Hall:Monday 11th August 2014  

 

The meeting closed at 9:25pm

 

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>