Wansford Village

The Parish Council of Wansford deals with Wansford village north of the river Nene.

The village lies in the Unitary Authority of Peterborough City Council.

Archives

Minutes 13th May 2013

WANSFORD PARISH COUNCIL

www.wansfordvillage.com

Clerk: Wendy Gray

25 Windsurf Bank, Tallington

Tel: 01778 341496

wendy7wansford@hotmail.co.uk

 

 

THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD IN THE WANSFORD COMMUNITY HALL ON MONDAY 13TH MAY 2013 AT 8.00 P.M.

 

Present:           Cllr R Clarke

Cllr Sean Forward

Cllr Tim Pearson

Cllr John Stannage – Chair

In Attendance:  Wendy Gray (Parish Clerk), 4 members of the public

 

Prior to commencement of meeting Cllr Pearson (re 13/00664/TPO just received) informed resident that on looking on the website work was permitted.  Cllr Clarke will print out a copy of all previous records and give a copy to resident.

  1. 1.   Apologies for Absence:  Cllrs Burrows, Sortwell, Stevens and PCC Cllrs Lamb and Holdich.

Cllr Stannage reported had received email from Cllr Burrows tendering her resignation due to family commitments but that she would like to continue to be involved with work on the Toddlers Play Area.

 

  1. 2.   Declaration of Interest:  None.

 

  1. 3.     Planning:

13/00432/WCMM and 13/00434/WCMM
Consultation on Without Compliance (Mineral/Waste)
Variation of condition C11 of planning permissions 12/01544/WCMM and
12/01545/WCMM dated 25/01/2013 – to amend operating hours at Cooks Hole,
Leicester Road, Thornhaugh, Peterborough –

This application was considered by Wansford Parish Council at a meeting held on Monday 13th May 2013. The meeting was attended by five councillors and eight members of the public.

Wansford Parish Council are opposed to the extension of hours requested by Mick George on the grounds of additional disturbance to the residents of the area. If the request were for trucks that are already loaded to depart from the weighbridge area of the quarry without reversing, it would probably be acceptable. Those trucks could also return to the site between 1700 and 1800 hours and park up, again without reversing. The current application is not specific enough to guarantee that these would be the only activities undertaken.

The original conditions for the re-quarrying of Cooks Hole were very carefully put together by Peterborough City Council and were presumably the terms on which Mick George took on the operation of the quarry. Wansford Parish Council can see nothing that has changed since the original discussions and believe that the original working hours should stand.

We note that the application includes the non-technical summary of a noise assessment but that the full noise assessment is not available (it was specifically requested from PCC). It is not possible to check the findings of the noise assessment from the non-technical summary and hence we would ask Peterborough City Council to specifically state that the noise assessment has not been considered in any decision. Unless this is done, it could be considered that PCC has accepted the noise assessment and that it could be referred to in future applications.

If the PCC officers are minded to accept application, the Parish Council would require the application to go before a full planning committee.  Copy of our response to be sent to Cllrs Lamb and Holdich.

 

  1. 4.   Minutes of the meeting held on 8th April 2013: All councillors in agreement, Cllr Stannage proposed minutes were signed as a true and accurate record, seconded Cllr Forward.

 

  1. 5.   Matters Arising from the above Minutes:

     Vtesse re new Fibre Optic Cable.  Report still required from Peter Brigham at PCC.  Parish

Clerk to chase.

 

Street Lights – Cllr Clarke will liaise with PCC to ensure missing lights on logged on their

schedule.

 

     Trees overhanging footpaths (back of Old North Road) Cllr Stannage will speak with resident.

 

Cllr Stannage raised issues of Ivy on wall – do we think that PCC should contribute towards

removal as on Common Land.  Who owns the Village Greens – Common Land.  Parish Clerk

to obtain legal advice.

 

Village seat – Cllr Clarke reported plans within next two weeks to site new seat outside Church, old seat which has been repaired to be moved to halfway along Old Leicester Road at top end.

 

  1. 6.   Finance: 

The following invoices were presented:

Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk Salary (April) – £183.33

Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk Expenses – £49.85

Paul Taylor, Internal Audit – £130.00

All above invoices were approved for payment.

 

  1. 7.     Leasing of Land – Nene Close: Cllr Stannage will speak with Jessica to see what further help is needed to move forward.

 

  1. 8.     Toddlers Play Area: as above.

 

  1. 9.     Village Notice Board/Map: Cllr Stannage requested that all Cllrs review plan and make comments.  Cllr Stannage would like to see (futuristic approach on what planning to do in the future) i.e. designated Toddler Play Area and Cycleway, what’s on in the village encouraging both sides of the river.  Need to support Cllr Sortwell in moving this forward.

 

  1. 10.  Correspondence: email received re Seeds Field, copy sent to Rosie for note to be put in Living Villages. 

 

Email from GS – re neighbourhood watch/cold calling – PCSO Aimee Hunter to be advised and asked to attend our next PC meeting to discuss with village.  Article to go in Living Villages.  Residents reported Red Cross were knocking on doors.

 

Highways PCC to be invited along to meeting to discuss – state of bridge, heavy goods

vehicles using bridge, parking on junctions, state of roundabout – invite to be sent to relevant

individuals to attend PC meeting asap.

 

    Article in PET re Travellers site by Stuart Jackson – would like to get Cllrs Lamb and

Holdich’s views on report and make informed decision if we need to go anywhere.  Cllr Clarke

will raise issue with Cllr Holditch when they meet next week.

 

Letter from PCC Housing re follow up on visit by Cambridgeshire Acre to discuss affordable

housing.  The Parish Council would like to see affordable housing in the village but there

needs to be a lot more discussions before moving forward.

 

  1. 11.  Matters for Consideration: 

None.

 

  1. 12.  Reports from Councillors:

Quality Status update – information still being collated but nearly complete.  Meeting scheduled with NALC to go through folder – anticipated date (awaiting confirmation) end July.

 

Gullies in need of clearing – Cllr Clarke will contact relevant department and ask for them to be cleared.

 

Thornhaugh & Wansford Burial Ground Committee – Cllr Pearson attended last meeting, still in charge of the Rose bushes.  Hubert Warren who has been on the committee for a number of years but has been told he needs to give up the clerk role due to his health.  Another councillor should be joining the committee from Thornhaugh Parish Council.

 

Cllr Stevens will submit article for July edition.

 

  1. 13.  Date of next meetings in the Community Hall:

Monday 10th June 2013 – Monday 8th July 2013

     Apologies received in advance for the following meetings:

10th June – Cllr Sortwell

12th August – Cllr Sortwell, Wendy Gray Parish Clerk

 

The meeting closed at 9.07 p.m.

Action:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

Cllr Clarke

 

Cllr Stannage

Parish Clerk

 

 

Cllr Clarke

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

Cllr Clarke

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

Cllr Clarke

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   

 

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>