Wansford Village

The Parish Council of Wansford deals with Wansford village north of the river Nene.

The village lies in the Unitary Authority of Peterborough City Council.

Archives

Minutes 12th May 2014

WANSFORD PARISH COUNCILwww.wansfordvillage.com

Clerk: Wendy Gray

13 Dovecote, Rippingale, Bourne PE10 0SY

Tel: 01778 441312

wendy7wansford@hotmail.co.uk

 

 

THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD IN THE WANSFORD COMMUNITY HALL ON MONDAY 12TH MAY 2014 IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE ANNUAL PARISH MEETING

 

Present:           Cllr R Clarke

Cllr J Stannage – Chair

Cllr L Fox-Clipsham

In Attendance:  Wendy Gray (Parish Clerk), Cllr D Lamb, Alex Terry, G Bedford, V Thorley, PCSO’s Martha Hurley and Michael Courtney-Hunt

 

  Action:
Apologies for Absence: Cllrs Meredith and Pearson  
Declaration of Interest: Cllr Stannage (6 Old North Road)  
  PCSO’s Report: several incidents reported namely suspect – theft from vehicle on Elton Road, abandoned vehicle, rabbit shooting, truck stop issues with suspect vehicle. 

Local Policing Team – updated leaflet required.

 
Planning:14/00637/FUL – Consultation on Planning Application (Full)

Change of use of existing roadside restaurant to A2, including external alterations and a first floor extension at former Little Chef, Great North Road, Wansford – response “improve area, welcome business into the village, overall Parish Council in favour of application”.

 

14/00672/CTR – Consultation Area Trees Notification

Reduce conifer to 10ft, removal of 2 lower branches from sycamore, fell plum tree at The Hollow, Riverside Spinney, Wansford – response “Parish Council in agreement and subject to Landscape Officers agreement”.

 

14/00643/OUT – Consultation on Planning Application (Outline)

Construction of nine two storey dwellings with single storey garages and associated access road/infrastructure on Land adjacent to former Little Chef, Great North Road, Wansford – “Parish Council are in agreement with this outline proposal”.

 

14/00474/HHFUL – 2 storey rear extension at 6 Old North Road, Wansford PE8 6LB –

response “no change to previous comments”.

  

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

Minutes of the meeting held on 14th April 2014: All in agreement for minutes to be signed.  
Matters arising from the Minutes: 30mph signs for bins – Cllr Stannage now holds supply.  Cllr Lamb advised would be putting in another order if we required any more.

 

20mph – use speedwatch initially to see what is happening with traffic speeds.

 

Speedwatch – 3 volunteers have received training.  Will be progressing, over next week or so will give feedback to police, what happens then?

 

Grit Bin Nene Close – is bin in the right place?  Agenda item for July meeting.

 

Footpath Nene Close (Handrail) – PCC awaiting quotation, Parish Clerk to continue to chase up to conclusion.

 

Street Light Doctors Surgery – response from Yarwell PC, who are awaiting works to be completed at surgery before looking at feasibility/need of a street light.  Parish Clerk to keep in contact with Yarwell PC but also to contact NCC again and Peter Tebb of PCC to try to move forward – residents

 

Flooding /re-inspection of works carried out by Vtesse – Parish Clerk to seek clarification on re-inspection date of work carried out by Vtesse and advise drain blocked on edge of Kings Cliffe Road.  Damage to bridge (understand discussion took place in Norwich with highways) what is the outcome.  Trenching has been reinstated very well, worst part is on Old Leicester Road.  Other end of the village looks ok until end of Old Leicester Road.

 

War memorial for cemetery – Cllr Stannage had spoken with Alan Jones re their plans for the memorial.

 

New entrance to Church – footpath immediately outside of the driveway across the green to Old Leicester Road.  Parish Clerk asked Peter Tebbs from PCC to have a look at feasibility plus Pelican crossing.  Parish Clerk to ask for an update.

 

Thornhaugh Liaison Committee Meeting – Cllr Clarke reported next meeting should be in June but date not yet fixed. Wansford Parish Council will be invited.

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

Finance: Invoice Parish Clerk – Salary April – £216.66

Invoice Paul Taylor – Internal Audit 2013/2014 – £130.00

All Councillors approved payments to be made.

 
Leasing of Land – Nene Close: Advised draft lease being drawn up – Parish Clerk still in contact to establish getting copy of lease asap.  Cllr Lamb will speak with Cllr Holdich in morning about what they can do to help speed up, Parish Clerk will send copies of emails to Cllr Lamb for information.   

Parish Clerk

Toddlers Play Area: Parish Clerk completed funding paperwork which was submitted to Trust before deadline.  We understand the committee meets early June to discuss applications. Parish Clerk
Village Notice Board/Map: Cllr Stannage apologised that email copy to Cllr Fox-Clipsham had not been received, a hard copy was handed over at the meeting of all information we currently had.  
Correspondence: email from Sibson Cum Stibbington Parish Council re Village Plan “doing a letter box drop explaining what exactly the village plan is and how it is meant to plan for the future of the village and how villagers could assist the Parish Council in creating the proposed plan.  Would Wansford Parish Council be interested in sharing cost of this?  Response “Wansford Parish Council would be happy to share costs involved”.  Parish Clerk to advise.   

 

 

Parish Clerk

Matters for Consideration: Resident attending meeting raised issue with state and condition of underpass.  He had been in contact with PCC highways, Highways Agency, contacted our MP, in contact with Cllr D Lamb.  Underpass is continually full of dead leaves blocking drainage ducts which means underpass is often under 5/6 inches water.  Inside is full of cobwebs and is very dirty, 27 lights were not working making it very dark when walking through.  Mud/leaves accumulated on entrances to underpass making it very slippery, handrail was very rusty.  The whole underpass needs a good clean up/makeover but trying to establish who is responsible has proved to be very difficult, no one wants to own up!  Residents concern is that children who need to cross over the road will not use underpass do to state of it and are crossing over the A47 which is very dangerous.  Our post lady uses the underpass every day (could quite easily slip) – the underpass is a disaster waiting to happen.  Someone could end up getting killed!  Long discussion ensued and it was agreed that a plan of action needs to be put in place (not as a one off) but a continual plan whereby the underpass is regularly checked by whoever!  Cllr Clarke reported he had been asked to come up with a plan which he has forwarded to PCC.  Some lights have been replaced but it appears that PCC have now cut back as there are only half the lights in the underpass which are working. 

Maintenance Contract for: lighting, cleaning walls, spider clearing, clearing fallen leaves, clearing drains (help stop flooding).

 

Other issues he would like to raise (which have been raised before) are Post Box facility on this side of the bridge, bus stop facility at top end of the hill.

 

Underpass to be included as an agenda item at next meeting.

 
Reports from Councillors: None  
Dates of next meetings in the Community Hall:Monday 9th June 2014 – Annual General Meeting and normal Parish Council Meeting

 

Apologies received in advance for June meeting from Cllr Clarke.

 

The meeting closed at 10.15 p.m.

 

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>