Wansford Village

The Parish Council of Wansford deals with Wansford village north of the river Nene.

The village lies in the Unitary Authority of Peterborough City Council.

Archives

Minutes 11th May 2015

WANSFORD PARISH COUNCILwww.wansfordvillage.com

Clerk: Wendy Gray

13 Dovecote, Rippingale, Bourne PE10 0SY

Tel: 01778 441312

wendy7wansford@gmail.com

 

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE WANSFORD COMMUNITY HALL ON MONDAY 11TH MAY 2015 AT 7.50 P.M.

 

Present:           Cllr R Clarke

Cllr G Garner

Cllr M Handley – Vice Chair

Cllr T Pearson – Chair

Cllr J Stannage

Cllr V Thorley

 

In Attendance:  Wendy Gray Parish Clerk

 

  Action:
1. Apologies for Absence: City Cllrs J Holdich and D Lamb  
2. Declarations of Interest: None  
3. Planning:15/00253/FUL – Proposed extension of existing A1 retail use to existing car wash with associated elevational alterations and external ATM facility at Wansford Service Station, Leicester Road, Wansford Peterborough PE8 6LB – no objections raised.

 

14/02304/FUL – To develop the existing agricultural buildings into three retail units, a cafe with external seating, 30 additional car parking spaces.  Demolition of two ancillary barns.  Existing central corrugated roof to be removed and replaced with a free standing glass canopy.  External alterations to create courtyard area to service and enhance the development at The Yard, Yarwell Mill, Mill Road, and Yarwell  Northamptonshire – Parish Clerk to request sight of Yarwell Parish Council’s submission for Cllrs to look and support them.

  

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

4. Oil Thefts:Nothing further to report – item to be taken off agenda until autumn.  
5. Minutes of the meeting held on 7th April 2015:  It was agreed that the minutes should be approved and signed  
6. Matters arising from the Minutes: BT Broadband – no update received despite request, website has not changed.  Parish Clerk to keep requesting updates.

 

Peterborough Cycle West – response received re our question of how much funding already have, copy to be forwarded to Cllrs.

 

Litter Bin – email received 24th April “I refer to the email trail below and apologise for the delay in coming back to you.  However, I can now confirm that it has been approved to install an extra bin.  The bins are on order and we are expecting delivery within the next 4 weeks and installation as soon as possible following delivery.  Once again please accept our apologies and if there are any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.”

 

A47 Picnic Site – update from Asset Development Team “Thank you for your recent email correspondence in which you made enquiries about the progress being made to fix the Wansford Picnic Area Toilet block.

I initially informed you that the provisional start of works date would be 30 March 2015, but as you are aware by now the works were not carried out.   While steps were being taken to deliver this scheme before the end of 2014/15 there was also a process in parallel to review our delivery priorities against our financial forecast  which resulted in a revised programme of works.  This unfortunately  meant that some schemes were deferred and this included the Wansford Toilet Block repair.

I am in the process of making a case for this scheme to be considered for re-inclusion into the delivery programme for this year. I acknowledge that you and the Parish Council have been waiting for this work to happen for some time, but I will do my best to progress this scheme and will  keep you updated over the next few weeks.”

In view of the impending delay Parish Clerk to write to ask for a porta loo to be installed in the interim period.

Potholes A1 – Cllr Clerk awaiting response to his letter – no response as yet, will contact them again after deadline for response.  Charles Simpson (Shaleish Vara’s Manager) to be kept advised.

Potholes A47 – some works have been done, note to be sent when is remainder of the works to be completed?  Copy in Charles Simpson.

Speeding Signs – the Parish Council are considering this option for Old North Road, Old Leicester Road, possibly Yarwell Road, Parish Clerk to contact Andy Tatt to ascertain what procedures we have to go through to do this.  Agenda item for next meeting.

Wansford Road, Yarwell – 30 mph sign covered by overgrown foliage.  Parish Clerk to advise Yarwell Parish Council to arrange for this to be cut back.

 Parish Clerk

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

Cllr Clarke

 

 

 

Cllr Clarke

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

7. Finance: Parish Clerk – salary (April) 2015 – £216.66

TWPBGC – Contribution – £2,000

D Knibbs – Litter Picking (April) – £50

CAPALC Affiliation Fee – £201.90

GVA – Contribution Rent to Christie Hall – £1010

P Taylor – Internal Auditor – £130

It was agreed that above invoices should be paid.

 
8. Leasing of Land – Nene Close update:  email of 7th May from solicitor “I have managed to speak with the lawyer handling this.  I asked her if she understood the concerns of my client. She asked what the term of the grant was. Would a clause that prevented early termination during the subsistence of the grant be sufficient.  I said probably not as my clients still face the cost of relocating etc.  I then asked if we could do away with the early termination provisions altogether (thus avoiding the consequences) and she is taking instructions. There might be scope either way? But how long is the term of the grant?”  Parish Clerk advised solicitor 10 years.   Cllrs Holdich and Lamb emailed asking if they could help speed up process. 

Completion of Planning Application still pending.

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cllrs Handley/

Stannage

9. Toddlers Play Area: Pending above.  
10. Village Notice Board/Map: Cllr Stannage will email Laura for an update.  Parish Clerk had obtained provisional quote which we may consider depending on outcome of email to Laura. Cllr Stannage
11. Correspondence: Community Infrastructure meeting – Parish Clerk to request meeting Monday 13th July at 2.00 p.m.

Draft Rural Vision and Parish Charter for Peterborough – all Cllrs in receipt of letter.  Agenda item for next meeting to consider how we respond.

 Parish Clerk

 

Parish Clerk

12. Matters for Consideration: Cllr Stannage would like to look at possibility of providing “Neighbourhood Watch and Cold Calling Signs” for Robinswood and Robins Field.  What permission is required, PCSO involvement, affixing them (P Tebb) re attaching to street furniture.  Agenda item for next meeting “Signage”.

 

Letter from Ruth Pearson – need to take this into account when considering planning applications also append note for Planning Officer to make them aware.

 

Traffic Lights – Parish Council support Cllr Clarke for work he is doing on our behalf.    Contact number: HAIL 0300 123 5000 or email.

  

 

Parish Clerk

17. Reports from Councillors: Parish Council Noticeboard in need of some tlc – Cllrs Clarke and Garner will clean up.

 

Visit to Cooks Hole – Cllrs and resident met Site Manager, Development Officer and also PR Lady.  Had a walk around site, very organised, open and transparent, very happy for people to call in.  Advised were going to talk to Mick George (his landlord) .  Will send us a map of the footpaths.

 

Village Magazine Rota – reports for:

June edition– Cllr Pearson

July edition – Cllr Stannage

August edition – Cllr Garner

September edition – Cllr Thorley

October edition – Cllr Handley

November edition Cllr Clarke

 Cllrs Clarke/Garner
18. Date of next meeting in the Community Hall:Monday 8th June 2015 commencing at 7.30 p.m.  Apologies received in advance from Cllrs Garner and Pearson.  

 

The meeting closed at 9.30 pm

 

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>