Wansford Village

The Parish Council of Wansford deals with Wansford village north of the river Nene.

The village lies in the Unitary Authority of Peterborough City Council.

Archives

Minutes of Meeting 12th October 2015

WANSFORD PARISH COUNCIL

www.wansfordvillage.com

Clerk: Wendy Gray

13 Dovecote, Rippingale, Bourne PE10 0SY

Tel: 01778 441312

wendy7wansford@gmail.com

 

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE WANSFORD COMMUNITY HALL ON MONDAY 12TH OCTOBER 2015

AT 7.30 P.M.

 

Present:           Cllr R Clarke

Cllr M Handley – Vice Chair

Cllr D Johnson

Cllr T Pearson – Chairman

Cllr J Stannage

Cllr V Thorley

 

In Attendance:   Wendy Gray – Parish Clerk, F. Aspin, Paul Rudd and D. Knibbs.

 

  Action:
1. Apologies for Absence: Cllr Graham Garner, City Cllrs D Lamb and J Holdich  
2. Declarations of Interest: Cllr Johnson re item 3 15/01814/FUL  
2a. Two residents attended to request an update on planning application for Little Chef re Ducati – both had concerns about the noise levels and would like to submit information if application should go to full planning committee, Cllr Pearson will keep them advised.  

 

Cllr Pearson

3. Planning:

15/01525/CTR – Fell Hazelnut tree at Kingfisher House, 1 Riverside Spinney, Wansford, Peterborough PE8 6LF – no objection, we would be guided by PCC Tree Officer.

 

15/01814/FUL – New storage building (Class B8) with hard standing, car parking and portakabins at Site 32 Oil Depot, Wansford Road, Kings Cliffe, Northamptonshire –  this application is for the redevelopment of part of the Oil Depot which is just across the border into East Northants along the Kings Cliffe road out of Wansford.  The development consolidates the storage of lubricants and other packaged products from several other sites into this one location.  In visual terms, the development is fine but it will have the effect of putting more large trucks onto the difficult junction at the Old Pump House and thence onto the low quality junction with the A47.  The traffic impact statement makes reference to a reduction of overall truck miles but ignores the increased traffic locally.  It does not even give an estimate of the increase in the number of trucks entering/leaving the site.  We feel it is inevitable that these trucks will use the Old Pump House/A47 route as it is a long way round to reach the much better Wittering junction on to the A47.  The Parish Council therefore would be opposed to this planning application.

 

Cllr Clarke will inform P Tebb, PCC Highways of this application and the traffic implications it may have.

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Clarke

4. Minutes of the meeting held on 14th September 2015:  Following one small amendment it was agreed that the minutes should be approved and signed.  
5. Matters arising from the Minutes:

Dog Waste Bin – It was generally felt that the bright red bin was inappropriate a colour for the village green and that green, black or brown would be better. Parish clerk to investigate the possibility of a replacement.

 

Parish Clerk

6. Finance:

Parish Clerk – salary (September) 2015 – £216.66

PKF Littlejohn, External Auditor – £120.00

D Knibbs – Litter Picking (October) – £50

The above invoices were approved for payment.

 
7. WI Centenary Donation:

Quote being obtained to fit stand alone railing

Quote being obtained for trench to be dug to house electrics

 
8. Toddlers Play Area: 

Mark Roberts from PCC Planning had contacted Cllr Stannage with a couple of questions,

a)     Who is looking after the maint of the area

b)     Will we be installing footpaths

We had been advised that the application would be determined within a few days.

 

A resident in Nene Close had been in contact, concerned that the play area was right outside her door – Cllr Stannage had advised her that this was not the case, the plans were as originally proposed.

 
9. Village Notice Board/Map:

Further photos to be provided – it is hoped that the maps should be finished by the beginning or the New Year if not before.

 

Cllr Pearson

10. Speed Gun Appraisal:

Brian Robins 5587’, Cambridge Police, Force Speedwatch Coordinator

had been in touch with Cllr Pearson by phone and email (which Cllr Pearson read out) (copy to be circulated to Cllrs), to advise that “In Cambridgeshire we specifically state that village teams must not use equipment other than the authorised Speed Indicator Display (SID) supplied by the Constabulary to check speed”. It was agreed that we should invite Brian to our next Parish Council meeting on 9th November to clarify the situation.

 

Cllr Clarke advised on the current statistics.

 

It was agreed we should also advise NCC what we are doing in particular with figures produced from Yarwell Road.  Cllr Clarke will draft letter.

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Clarke

11. Neighbourhood Watch/No Cold Calling Signage: 

Cllr Stannage has a further contact from whom we can obtain quotations for these signs to compare with ones we already have, more importantly signs that have a fixing.

 

Cllr Stannage

12. Ivy: 

Letter received from Dr Jefferies who has previously himself been in touch with Amey.  Parish Clerk to chase Amey for an update on the situation.

 

Parish Clerk

13. Community Infrastructure Levy: 

We should pursue ways of using this to the advantage of the village.

 
14. Correspondence:

Augean Site Open Day* 17th October 2015 10:00am to 2:00pm

Crime report from e-cops

A1 Closure – Highways England

Forest for Peterborough Reception*

*Cllr Pearson to post on Parish Notice board
15. Matters for Consideration: 

Crossroads – Give Way Sign so high, marks have worn off – Parish Clerk to contact P Tebb

 

Walkabout – Parish Clerk to contact P Tebb re dates for a further walk around the village and update on previous walkabout November 2014.

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

Parish Clerk

16. Reports from Councillors:

Cllr Pearson – TWPCBGMC – a tree to be made safe.

 

Cllr Johnson – Missing small access covers in Old North Road (water?).  P Tebb to be advised.

 

Cllr Thorley – their planning application has been refused.

 

Village Magazine Rota – reports for:

November edition – Cllr Clarke

December edition – Cllr Pearson

January edition – Cllr Thorley

February edition – Cllr Johnson

March edition – Cllr Garner

April edition – Cllr Stannage

May edition – Cllr Handley

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

17. Date of next meeting in the Community Hall:

Monday 9th November 2015 commencing at 7.30 p.m.

 

 

 

The meeting closed at 9.10 pm

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>