Wansford Village

The Parish Council of Wansford deals with Wansford village north of the river Nene.

The village lies in the Unitary Authority of Peterborough City Council.

Archives

Draft Minutes 9th October 2017

WANSFORD PARISH COUNCIL

www.wansfordvillage.com

Clerk: Wendy Gray

13 Dovecote, Rippingale, Bourne PE10 0SY

Tel: 01778 441312

wendy7wansford@gmail.com

 

 

DRAFT MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE WANSFORD COMMUNITY HALL ON MONDAY 9TH OCTOBER 2017 AT 7.30 P.M.

 

Present:           Cllr G Garner

Cllr M Handley

Cllr D Johnson

Cllr T Pearson

Cllr J Stannage – Chairman

Cllr V Thorley

 

In Attendance: Wendy Gray (Parish Clerk), Peterborough City Cllr D Lamb

 

  Cllr Stannage welcomed everyone to the meeting. Action:
1. Apologies for Absence:  Cllr R Clarke  
2. Declarations of Interest: None.  
3. Picnic Site:

Cllr Stannage tasked with getting information together. Jason Ablewhite disappointed with response from HE, advised should use Localism route, work with PCC rather than against them.  Contact PCC legal department for advice on way forward!

 
4. Planning:

17/01891/FUL – Dismantle, rebuild and widen existing bridge over mill stream at Yarwell Mill, Mill Road, Yarwell PE8 6PS (ENC) – Wansford Parish Council reported at meeting that they have no observations to make other than – bridge rebuilt in fashion that was taken down so that visionary image remains the same!

 

17/01847/CTR – Fell 1 no. Spruce tree and 1 no Lime tree, pines 3 no. crown clean, Cherry Plum 2 metre reduction, remove large uprights from Apple tree, remove all uprights from Laurel hedge South boundary at 11 Old North Road, Wansford, Peterborough PE8 6LBm – will be guided by TO recommendations.

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

5. Minutes of the meeting held on 18th September 2017:

All in agreement that the above minutes were a true and accurate record and that Minutes should be signed as such.

 
6. Matters arising from the Minutes:

Defibrillator – request for someone from Community Heartbeat to attend our meeting in October – unfortunately no one available at this time, will request for November/December.

 

Beilisha Beacon – work in progress only 1 working.

 

Community Hall repairs – agenda item for next meeting i.e. Augean grant application for January – Parish Clerk to request paperwork for completion possibly looking for a grant of £10,000.

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

7. Finance: 

PKF Littlejohn – External Audit – payment made last month

Parish Clerk Salary – August – £233.33

D Knibbs Litterpick – September/October – £100.00

T&WPCBGC grant towards essential maint works – £1,000.00

 

All above approved for payment.

 

Income:

Cheque received from W1 for £500, contribution towards railings/lights.

PCC Second payment of Precept paid into bank.

 

Bank Signatory Forms – copies given to Chairman and Councillors for completion and return to Barclays in Church Street.

 

Drains (gulleys) on the bridge – all Cllrs in agreement that Parish Clerk requests Litter warden to clear.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All Cllrs

 

 

Parish Clerk

8. Speed Signs/20 mph Zone in Wansford:

Response received from Peter Tebb (this afternoon) following see below:

The “before” speed survey would cost c£200 for two locations

The Legal Order will cost £1,230

The signage and post works etc would cost c £1,225

The associated traffic management costs are not yet defined but I would estimate c£1000

The after speed survey would cost c£200 for the same two locations

Would anticipate using a hand held speed gun for the surveys rather than other means due to the relatively low volumes of traffic in the area.

Thus the total cost would be in the region of £3,855

There are ways of reducing the costs:

·   Wait and advertise the proposed reduction on a future legal order with other restrictions – and therefore only pay a proportion of the advertising cost – rather than advertising it independently.

·   Remove the section of the Old North Road (to the north of the A47) – this would save c£300 plus an element of traffic management.

·   I have allowed 20nr small (300mm dia) repeater signs to be erected on existing lamp columns and post in the village.  Reducing this to 10nr would save just under c£150.

Peter is happy to talk through the options with someone from the parish as necessary.

All agreed we go forward – Cllr Lamb to also speak with Peter Tebb to move forward asap (possible timescale) and reiterate we do not want to reduce costs at the risk of further delaying this project.

 

a)20 mph

b)Declassification (road signs)

c)Markings in the Centre of the Village

d)Road Surfaces

a)b)c)d) above agenda items for next meeting.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

9. A47 Dualling:

Presentation – well documented and well attended.

 
10. Village Plan:

Working party still to be formulated.  Agenda item for next meeting.

 

All Cllrs

11. Peterborough Local Plan Update:

Cllr Lamb attending meeting on Tuesday evening – does not affect Wansford, will keep the parish updated.

 

 

Cllr Lamb

12. Quality Status:

Parish Clerk to provide a list of items that need to be signed off/resolved to all Cllrs before next meeting to move process forward.

 

Parish Clerk

13. Correspondence:  None.  
14. Matters for Consideration: Ordnance Survey programme – Cllrs have not been able to log on – Parish Clerk to check if Cllr Clarke has been able to access in the first instance.  

Parish Clerk

15. Reports from Councillors:

Peterborough Parish Conference – Cllr Stannage is putting together a report and will circulate to all Cllrs.  Agenda item for next meeting.

 

Cllr Stannage

Parish Clerk

16. Date of next meeting in the Community Hall:

13th November 2017

 
  Village Magazine Rota – reports for:

November – Cllr Stannage

December – Cllr Johnson

January – Cllr Thorley

February – Cllr Handley

March – Cllr Pearson

April – Cllr Garner

May – Cllr Clarke

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The meeting closed at 9.03 p.m.

 

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>