Wansford Village

The Parish Council of Wansford deals with Wansford village north of the river Nene.

The village lies in the Unitary Authority of Peterborough City Council.

Archives

Minutes 8th February 2016

WANSFORD PARISH COUNCIL

www.wansfordvillage.com

Clerk: Wendy Gray

13 Dovecote, Rippingale, Bourne PE10 0SY

Tel: 01778 441312

wendy7wansford@gmail.com

 

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE WANSFORD COMMUNITY HALL ON MONDAY 8TH FEBRUARY 2016

AT 7.30 P.M.

 

Present:           Cllr M Handley – Vice Chair

Cllr D Johnson

Cllr T Pearson – Chairman

Cllr J Stannage

Cllr V Thorley

 

In Attendance:  Wendy Gray – Parish Clerk, Kate Wood (Carter Jonas), Yvonne Banke and                                           representative of Nene Valley Tots

 

  Action:
1. Apologies for Absence: Parish Cllrs Clarke and Garner, City Cllrs J Holdich and Diane Lamb  
2. Declarations of Interest: Cllr Thorley (item 3)  
3. Planning:

15/02200/FUL – Construction of five flats – Land Adjacent to Former Little Chef, Peterborough Road, Wansford – response to PCC “we have no objection to the site apart from concerns over density of the parking, would expect that a management committee would be set up and in working order prior to occupation of flats”.

 

15/00092/WASFUL – PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT: Importation of inert materials for the final restoration of the Stonehill Quarry including the creation of calcareous grassland, along with the extraction of a previously unworked small (around 7,500 tonnes) limestone reserve LOCATION: Stonehill Quarry, Off Kings Cliffe Road, Northamptonshire, PE8 6NU – we are concerned the limestone may have already been excavated. (The Plan is a 4 year plan creating a new landfill site with 64 vehicle movements each day for 4 years).

 

15/02131/HHFUL Two storey extension to the south elevation and enlargement of front dormer window at 5 Yarwell Road, Wansford, Peterborough – 2nd notification – No objections raised.

 

16/00188/LDE – Use of land as part of residential curtilage to dwellinghouse(resubmission of 15/01452/LDE) at Land Adjacent Spring House, Wansford Road, Yarwell Peterborough, Northamptonshire PE8 (East Northants)

 

16/00073/LBC – Install two roof lights to rear pantile roofs and expose leaded light window sealed behind stonework on internal wall to assess practicality to repair and conserve at Meadow Cottage, 4 Bridge End, Wansford, Peterborough, PE8 6JH

 

15/02014/FUL – Change of use from off-road motor activity use to outdoor activity park and operational development to include formation of activity courses and tracks, embankments, fencing, entrance gate.  Yvonne Banke was in attendance at meeting and had come along to express her concerns.  From WPC point of view the number of parking spaces planned would assume that there would be a vast increase in number of vehicles coming through the village, type of vehicles rarely in roadworthy condition (trailers), there should be a wash facility at the entrance so that excess dirt can be left on site, extra load bearing on the bridges, these concerns should be looked at before any application is approved by the council.

 

Received after publication of agenda.  Parish Clerk to request an extension of time.

 

 

Parish Clerk

4. Minutes of the meeting held on 11th January and 26th January 2016: 

It was agreed that the above minutes were a true and accurate record and that Minutes should be signed.

 
5. Matters arising from the Minutes:

Responses from Peter Tebb re our issues.

Handrail – Parish Clerk to write to Peter Tebb “under health and safety it is essential that a hand rail is put in”.

 

 

Parish Clerk

6. Finance:

Parish Clerk – salary (January 2016) – £216.66

St Mary’s Church Floodlighting – £120.00

Community Hall Honorarium – £350.00

D Knibbs – Litter Pick January/February 2016 – £100.00

The Children’s Playground Co. Ltd. – £36,991.77

Zurich – Insurance Renewal – (5 year contract £547.71)

Excitant – Website Domain renewal – £59.99

J Stannage – Locks for Gate to Play Area – £47.08

 

The above invoices were approved for payment.

 
7. Precept 2016-2017:

It was unanimously agreed that we would request the same amount as in the previous year.  Parish Clerk will submit forms to PCC.

 

Parish Clerk

8. WI Centenary Donation:

Cllr Stannage will request further quotations from outside the village as we have not received any response from local builders re Hand Rail and guttering.

 

Cllr Stannage

9. Toddlers Play Area: 

Play area now finished but not quite ready for use as ground needs to settle down.  Post Installation Inspection Report signed off (meets all standards), insurance approved and signed off.

 

Representative of Nene Valley Tots will look at financial support i.e. picnic seat.

 

It was suggested that nothing is done with the paths at this moment in time – probably woodchip at a later date.

 

Official Opening – it was agreed date of Saturday 26th March at 2.00 p.m.  Nene Valley Tots will arrange for press i.e. Stamford Mercury/Peterborough Paper to be invited along.

 

Nene Valley Tots/Cllr Stannage to cut the tape.

 
10. Village Notice Board/Map:

Awaiting completion from supplier

 
11. Neigbourhood Watch/No Cold Calling Signage:

Parish Council have identified 15 sites from map produced by Cllr Clarke.  Cllr Pearson proposed, seconded Cllr Johnson that we order 20 signs from supplier.

 
12. Ivy: 

Now with PCC.

 
13. Community Infrastructure Levy: 

More information sought from PCC.

 

Parish Clerk

14. Correspondence: via email

Peterborough Cycle West Project

Solispost

63rd Peterborough Scout Group

Peterborough Local Plan Consultation

Police Updates

Mr Carroll – re parking Old Leciester Road, Cllr Pearson will respond “not discussed yet but has been communicated to all councillors”,

 

 

15. Matters for Consideration:

Nothing new to report.

 
16. Reports from Councillors:

Cllr Stannage attended meeting with Committee at Christie Hall re rent increase.  It was suggested that we look through our files to see if we have a copy of the original lease – Parish Clerk will forward any information to Cllr Handley.

 

Village Magazine Rota – reports for:

March edition – Cllr Stannage

April edition – Cllr Garner

May edition – Cllr Handley

June edition – Cllr Clarke

July edition – Cllr Pearson

August edition – Cllr Johnson

 

 

 

 

17. Date of next meeting in the Community Hall:

Monday 14th March 2016 commencing at 7.30 p.m.

 

 

The meeting closed at 9 pm

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>