Wansford Village

The Parish Council of Wansford deals with Wansford village north of the river Nene.

The village lies in the Unitary Authority of Peterborough City Council.

Archives

Minutes 17th August 2015

WANSFORD PARISH COUNCILwww.wansfordvillage.comClerk: Wendy Gray13 Dovecote, Rippingale, Bourne PE10 0SY

Tel: 01778 441312

wendy7wansford@gmail.com

 

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE WANSFORD COMMUNITY HALL ON MONDAY 17TH AUGUST 2015 AT 7.30 P.M.

 

Present:           Cllr G Garner

Cllr M Handley – Vice Chair

Cllr T Pearson – Chairman

Cllr J Stannage

Cllr V Thorley

 

In Attendance:   City Councillors John Holdich and Diane Lamb, Annnette Thorpe from BT, Kate Wood from Carter Jonas and 4 residents.

 

 

  Action:
1. Apologies for Absence: Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk and Cllr Richard Clarke  
2. Declarations of Interest: None  
3. Co-option of Councillor: David Johnson took his place as a new co-opted councillor  
4. WI – Celebrating 100 Years – Proposed New Village Hall Sign: Representatives from the WI attended to put forward a proposal to commemorate the organisation’s centenary.  President Jean Yerbury offered to put £500 of their funds towards a new sign and lighting to enhance the entrance to the Community Hall, where they hold their meetings.  It was agreed that the Clerk would liaise with the WI to further the project.    Parish Clerk
  Impromptu item:Following receipt of various emails re BT Fast speed Broadband the Parish Clerk invited Annette Thorpe, BT Regional Partnership Director for the East of England, along to the meeting to provide the Council with an update of progress in the village.  She said that cabinet box 10 by crossroads for fibre Broadband is now operational for part of the village (Bridge End/Peterborough Road).  Cabinet 7 should go live on 9th September, on 24th September cabinet 4 will go live for other roads in the village.  Residents can contact their service provider to discuss copper wire connection to their house, with the future potential of having fibre cabling direct to their house which would be routed along the copper wire ducting through existing underground cabling.   In some cases it will have to be done via overhead cabling.  
5. Planning:15/01119/REM – Application for Reserved Matters (Appearance, Landscaping, Layout and Scale)for the construction of nine two storey dwellings with single storey garages and associated access road/infrastructure pursuant to planning permission 14/00643/OUT at Land Adjacent to Former Little Chef, Great North Road, Wansford, Peterborough – The Council discussed with Kate Wood from Carter Jonas the somewhat controversial  design of the new houses, which had been radically changed since the original application.  The application was approved, on a majority vote, as the houses will not be visible from the road.  However they stated that there is a need to ensure that this does not set a precedent for similar designs in other parts of the village where it might be thought inappropriate.  Response to PCC:  The Parish Council were minded to approve the application subject to a precedent not being given for further applications where changes to the original designs can be made without prior consultation.15/01209/FUL – Change of use to part of ArcHaus ground floor to B1(a)/B2 and Sui Generis and construction of new workshop adjacent to existing building at ArcHaus, Peterborough Road, Wansford, Peterborough – The application is for the erection of a new Ducati motorbike dealership and workshop. This was deemed unsuitable for the village and  rejected on the grounds of noise potential.  Response to PCC:  The Parish Council were opposed to this application, it was felt to be inappropriate – if officers are minded to approve, the Parish Council would wish the application to go before full planning committee.

 

15/01239/FUL – Change of use of part of paddock to residential, and construction of single storey side extension, demolition of garage and formation of new outbuilding comprising gym, store and car port Site at 1 Robins Field, Wansford, Peterborough PE8 6JW – No objections were raised but a condition was proposed that the access ramp, which will be built just outside the curtiledge of the house, should be of a temporary structure so it can be removed when no longer needed.  Response to PCC:  The Parish Council were in agreement in principle but would request a condition is stipulated that the ramp to the west of the property is a temporary structure and if property is ever sold this should be removed.

    

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

6. Minutes of the meeting held on 13th July 2015:  It was agreed that the minutes should be approved and signed  
7. Matters arising from the Minutes: See below.  
8. Finance: Parish Clerk – salary (July) 2015 – £216.66D Knibbs – Litter Picking (July and August) – £100Roythornes Solicitors (Play Area ) – £1,020

V Thorley – Speed Gun – £106.87

J Stannage – Planning Application Play Area – £97.50

Cheque No. 100958 previously issued has been cancelled

 
9. Toddlers Play Area:  This is progressing well; the planning application is now with PCC.  
10. Village Notice Board/Map: work in progress.  
11. Speeding Signs:  A speed monitoring “gun” has been purchased by WPC and has so far been used to monitor traffic entering the village in Yarwell Road and will now be deployed on the other roads into Wansford.  The information will then be collated to  determine if/where electronic speed reduction signs would be best placed.  
12. Neighbourhood Watch/No Cold Calling Signage:  The old signs will be replaced with new ones and installed around the village.  Window stickers are also obtainable – contact any Parish Councillor or Wendy Gray.  
13. Ivy:  Concerns were raised about the legal responsibility, not only of removing the ivy, but of any consequential damage to Mr Jeffries house and roof.  As the green is regarded as PCC land (they maintain it) it was agreed that WPC should write to PCC to request that they remove  any ivy growing on their land, pointing out that it is a H &S concern as well as threatening the stability of the house.    Parish Clerk
14. Community Infrastructure Levy:  this will be discussed at the next WPC meeting on 14th September.  
15. Correspondence: None.  
16. Matters for Consideration:  Nothing new.  
17. Reports from Councillors: None.Village Magazine Rota – reports for:September edition – Cllr Stannage

October edition – Cllr Handley

November edition Cllr Clarke

December edition – Cllr Pearson

January edition – Cllr Thorley

February edition – Cllr Johnson

March edition – Cllr Garner

 
18. Date of next meeting in the Community Hall:Monday 14th September 2015 commencing at 7.30 p.m.Apologies received in advance from Cllr Stannage who will not be available to attend September meeting.  

 

The meeting closed at 9.20 pm

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>