Wansford Village

The Parish Council of Wansford deals with Wansford village north of the river Nene.

The village lies in the Unitary Authority of Peterborough City Council.

Archives

Minutes 14th September 2015

WANSFORD PARISH COUNCILwww.wansfordvillage.com

Clerk: Wendy Gray

13 Dovecote, Rippingale, Bourne PE10 0SY

Tel: 01778 441312

wendy7wansford@gmail.com

 

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE WANSFORD COMMUNITY HALL ON MONDAY 1  4TH SEPTEMBER 2015

AT 7.30 P.M.

 

Present:           Cllr M Handley – Vice Chair

Cllr D Johnson

Cllr T Pearson – Chairman

Cllr V Thorley

 

In Attendance:   Wendy Gray Parish Clerk, City Cllr Diane Lamb and 2 members of the public

 

  Action:
1. Apologies for Absence: Cllrs Richard Clarke, Graham Garner, John Stannage and City Cllr John Holdich  
2. Declarations of Interest: Cllr Thorley re item 3 15/01452/LDE  
3. Planning:15/01341/CTR – Pollarding of 1 x Willow Tree at Hillcroft, 2 Bridge End, Wansford  PE8 6JH – No objection we would be guided by PCC Tree Officer.

 

15/01452/LDE – Use of land as part of residential curtilage to dwelling house at Land Adjacent Sallow Brook House, Wansford Road, Yarwell, Northamptonshire,

PE8 6PN – No objection but would ask for a restriction against building to be included.

 

15/01181/FUL – Construction of a children’s play area on Land To The Rear of 21 Nene Close, Wansford, Peterborough –  application by WPC no objection raised.

 

15/01397/CTR – T1 Sycamore – Remove, T2 Sycamore – Remove and T3 White Willow – Pollard back to previous height (10/00459/CTR) at White House, Peterborough Road, Wansford, PE8 6JN – No objection we would be guided by PCC Tree Officer.

  

Parish Clerk

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

Parish Clerk

4. Minutes of the meeting held on 17th August 2015:  It was agreed that the minutes should be approved and signed  
5. Matters arising from the Minutes: WI Centenary Donation

It was agreed to progress designsPC will investigate costs for a power supply for the Community Hall entrance/sign.

 

Broadband – can BT confirm all cabinets have gone live (Kate Wood) – agenda item for next meeting.

  

Parish Clerk

 

 

Parish Clerk

6. Finance: Parish Clerk – salary (August) 2015 – £216.66

Parish Clerk – expenses – £113.44

D Knibbs – Litter Picking (September) – £50

Roythornes Solicitors (Play Area ) Land Registry fee – £20.00

The above invoices were approved for payment.

 
7. Toddlers Play Area:  Jane Hunt and Becky Eames from Nene Valley Tots had come along to meeting for an update on progress, they were advised planning application had been submitted (agenda item this evening) and this will then progress through planning.  Cllr Lamb will speak with Planning on progress of this application.  Nene Valley Tots will now look to raise money for any shortfall there may be (advertising on fences).  
8. Village Notice Board/Map: The design and costs are being finalised with a view to installation by end of year.  Quotations to be obtained for installing notice board on the green.  Cllr Pearson
9. Speeding Signs:  Surveys have been carried out and information produced from Old Leicester Road and Peterborough Road, it was agreed Survey would be extended to other roads in the village.  Speed Gun Appraisal (agenda item for next meeting).

Parish Clerk to contact Peter Tebb PCC re update on issues that arose on walkabout earlier in the year (with a view to once update received) arranging a further walkabout.

  

Parish Clerk

 

 

Parish Clerk

10. Neighbourhood Watch/No Cold Calling Signage:  It was proposed by Cllr Pearson, seconded Cllr Thorley all in favour that we order 100 dual signs.  Parish Clerk
11. Ivy:  WPC have contacted PCC re the Ivy growing on the north side of the cross roads green area.  PCC have confirmed they will be obtaining quotations (Amey) to deal with the problem.  It was agreed Parish Clerk to write to Dr Jefferies to advise him of position.  Keep item on agenda.   

Parish Clerk

12. Community Infrastructure Levy:  Cllr Johnson will provide telephone number re electricity supply for WI sign.

Need to look at handrail to be installed by builder (A Palenski) quote

 Parish Clerk

Parish Clerk

13. Correspondence: Augean Summer Newsletter

Police Update

 
14. Matters for Consideration:  Chase up Amey re installation of Dog Poop Bin to centre of village.

Electricity supply cable falling off the wall outside Community Hall.

Letter of thanks to be sent to Litter Warden thanking them for good work they do in particular cleaning seats and signs.

 Parish Clerk

Parish Clerk

Parish Clerk

15. Reports from Councillors: TWPBGC – Cllr Pearson stated that the Thornhaugh Church yard was in good order, but there was concern over an adjoining wall that looked unsafe.  Resident was aware of the problem.

 

Drains in Yarwell near Doctors Surgery – Cllr Thorley will be writing to East Northants to complain (causing flooding).

 

Village Magazine Rota – reports for:

October edition – Cllr Handley

November edition Cllr Clarke

December edition – Cllr Pearson

January edition – Cllr Thorley

February edition – Cllr Johnson

March edition – Cllr Garner

April edition – Cllr Stannage

 
16. Date of next meeting in the Community Hall:Monday 12th October 2015 commencing at 7.30 p.m.

 

Cllrs Handley and Pearson may not be available for October meeting

 

 

The meeting closed at 9.14 pm

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>