Wansford Village

The Parish Council of Wansford deals with Wansford village north of the river Nene.

The village lies in the Unitary Authority of Peterborough City Council.

Archives

Minutes 14th November 2016

WANSFORD PARISH COUNCIL

www.wansfordvillage.com

Clerk: Wendy Gray

13 Dovecote, Rippingale, Bourne PE10 0SY

Tel: 01778 441312

wendy7wansford@gmail.com

 

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE WANSFORD COMMUNITY HALL ON MONDAY 14TH NOVEMBER 2016

AT 7.30 P.M.

 

Present:           Cllr R Clarke

Cllr M Handley – Vice Chairman

Cllr D Johnson

Cllr T Pearson

Cllr J Stannage – Chairman

Cllr V Thorley

 

In Attendance:  Wendy Gray, Sgt Ricky Passam and 2 members of the public

 

  Action:
1. Apologies for Absence: Cllr G Garner  
2. Declarations of Interest: None  
3. Introduction to the PES (Prevent & Enforcement Service):

Sgt Ricky Passam introduced himself and explained the role of the PES i.e. burglaries, cold callers, oil theft, speeds of vehicles, HGV’s, the bridge, road safety issues.

We now have a dedicated PCSO to Wansford – Michael Courtney-Hunt, also have resources did not have before i.e. use of vehicle with CCTV.

Contact details could be put in local magazines – encourage residents to ring 101 or 999 as once call logged it is there for record purposes to check back on continuing issues.

 
4. Picnic Site:

Sgt Passam felt as the Parish Council did that we should be preventing criminal offences occurring, police patrols carried out over the last couple of weeks have highlighted the extent of the issue and cannot see reason why they cannot maintain visits as very aware of the issues etc.  Whilst these may have had some impact a decision needs to be made on moving forward.

 
5. Planning:

16/01650/FUL – Ground source central heating fitted to residential property with some pipework going under agricultural land – retrospective at 3 Robins Field, Wansford, Peterborough PE8 6JW – no objections raised.

 

16/01930/FUL – Erection of Office Building at Land off Peterborough Road, Wansford, Peterborough – Wansford Parish Council have no objections subject to the building is in keeping with the residential area and parking spaces are allocated as on the general plan.

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

6. Minutes of the meeting held on 10th October 2016: 

All Cllrs agreed that the above minutes were a true and accurate record and that Minutes should be signed.

 
7. Matters arising from the Minutes:

Sibson Garden Village – Mr Astle had requested attending further Parish Council meeting – it was unanimously agreed we will await outcome of government decision before any further meetings take place.

 
8. Finance:

Wendy Gray – Salary October 2016 – £233.33

Castor Parish Council Training – £27.00

D Knibbs Litterpick October/November – £100.00

Algar Signcraft “No Parking Sign” – £69.60

The above payments were approved.

 
9. WI Centenary Donation:

Cllr Stannage advised that contact with a couple of builders had failed to produce a solution.  Now has a new contact and will speak with builder asap with a view to moving project forward asap.  WI Chairman was relieved that things would be progressed asap as pathway up to the hall is dangerous in the dark winter nights and they have no desire to have to move elsewhere for their meetings.

 

Cllr Stannage

10. Christie Hall:

RBL Properties have agreed lease will be awarded to the Christie Hall for 10 years – application for grant for re roofing can now be progressed.

 
11. “No Parking” Signage Nene Close:

New sign in place.

 
12. Speed Signs/20 mph Zone in Wansford:

Cllr Clarke will draft appropriate letter to Peter Tebb.  Copy of letter to be sent to Stibbington on what we are planning to do, how we can work together to resolve issues.

 

Cllr Clarke

13. A47 Dualling:

No further news, website has not been updated.  It was proposed that Cllr Clarke write letter to Sutton PC, Highways England, PCC about the cycleway, so that we have something on record, all Cllrs in agreement.

 

Cllr Clarke

14. Proposals for scrutiny of rural issues:

Do we want to comment officially to PCC of proposed arrangements.  Not happy to lose our rural voice and would be against this proposal.

 

Parish Clerk to check availability of Cllr D Lamb to attend meetings.  Agenda item for next meeting.

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

15. Peterborough Local Plan update:

Not progressing any further, next round February 2017

 
16. Correspondence:

None.

 
17. Matters for Consideration:

CIL – monies available for specific projects – Cllrs to consider and produce a list of projects – agenda item for next meeting.

 
18. Reports from Councillors:

Cllr Johnson requested consent from PC to write back re Simon Machens letter.  Will draft a response for circulation and comment from Parish Councillors.

Village Magazine Rota – reports for:

 

December edition – Cllr Handley

January – Cllr Garner

February – Cllr Pearson

March – Cllr Clarke

April – Cllr Johnson

May – Cllr Thorley

June – Cllr Johnson

 
19. Date of next meeting in the Community Hall:

Monday 12th December 2016  Monday 9th January 2017

 

 

The meeting closed at 9.54 p.m.

 

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>