Wansford Village

The Parish Council of Wansford deals with Wansford village north of the river Nene.

The village lies in the Unitary Authority of Peterborough City Council.

Archives

Minutes 14th December 2015

WANSFORD PARISH COUNCIL

www.wansfordvillage.com

Clerk: Wendy Gray

13 Dovecote, Rippingale, Bourne PE10 0SY

Tel: 01778 441312

wendy7wansford@gmail.com

 

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE WANSFORD COMMUNITY HALL ON MONDAY 14TH DECEMBER 2015

AT 7.30 P.M.

 

Present:           Cllr G Garner

Cllr M Handley – Vice Chair

Cllr D Johnson

Cllr T Pearson – Chairman

Cllr J Stannage

 

In Attendance:   Wendy Gray – Parish Clerk

 

  Action:
1. Apologies for Absence: Cllrs R Clarke, V Thorley, City Cllrs J Holdich and Diane Lamb with a broken wrist.  
2. Declarations of Interest: None  
3. Planning:

15/01884/LBC – Replace doors and windows with traditional timber at Anchor Cottage, 5 Riverside Spinney, Wansford PE8 6LF – no objections raised.

 

 

Parish Clerk

4. Minutes of the meeting held on 9th November 2015: 

Minutes were agreed and signed.

 
5. Matters arising from the Minutes:

Peter Tebbs, from Peterborough Highways, met with Cllrs in a walk around the Village on the 27th November to discuss our concerns over Highways issues:

  • Poor drainage and blocked drains on the Yarwell Road and Bridge End
  • Poor condition of roads and paths generally, deterioration of road signs
  • Worn and inadequate road markings – in particular the central Old North Road/Peterborough Road crossroads and the Old Leicester Road/King’s Cliffe Road junction at the Old Pump House corner.

Parish Clerk to follow up to obtain a report from Peter Tebbs with responses.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

6. Finance:

Parish Clerk – salary (November) 2015 and expenses – £330.35

D Knibbs – Litter Picking November and December 2015 – £100.00

The above invoices were approved for payment.

 
7. WI Centenary Donation:

The Parish Council continue to progress re the supply and installation of a handrail and lighting along the access path to the Community Hall, they are also in the process of seeking alternative quotations and possibility of trialling solar lights.

 

 

8. Toddlers Play Area: 

The Children’s Playground Co. Ltd are due on site tomorrow (15th December), Cllr Stannage to meet with contractors.

 

Parish Clerk to arrange for the necessary insurances to be in place ready for completion.

 

Parish Clerk to ascertain when payment from Grantscape can be obtained.

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

Parish Clerk

9. Village Notice Board/Map:

The Chairman has collated Cllrs’ comments on the proposed Village Map and these have been submitted to the Supplier to apply to the final art work.

 
10. Neighbourhood Watch/No Cold Calling Signage: 

It is the Parish Council’s intention to purchase the above signage and this will be discussed and agreed at our Parish Council meeting in February 2016.

 

 

 

11. Ivy: 

Ivy on the Village Green is the responsibility of the Peterborough City Council, Amey have been advised of contact details for Dr Jefferies whose property is affected and they will be in contact with him direct to discuss the options for removal.

 
12. Community Infrastructure Levy: 

Parish Clerk to pursue re a possible contribution towards the cost of the children’s play area.

 

Parish Clerk

13. Correspondence: None  
14. Matters for Consideration: 

Royal British Legion re Lease of the Christie Hall.  The negotiations, on behalf of Stibbington, Thornhaugh and Wansford Parish Councils are being managed by the Christie Hall Committee and will have to be approved by all 3 Parish Councils.  It is hoped that an affordable new Lease for 10 years can be achieved.

 

 

 

 

15. Reports from Councillors:

Village Magazine Rota – reports for:

January edition – Cllr Johnson

February edition – Cllr Thorley

March edition – Cllr Garner

April edition – Cllr Stannage

May edition – Cllr Handley

June edition – Cllr Clarke

July edition – Cllr Pearson

 

 

 

 

16. Date of next meeting in the Community Hall:

Monday 11th January 2016 commencing at 7.30 p.m.

 

 

The meeting closed at 9.05 pm

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>