Wansford Village

The Parish Council of Wansford deals with Wansford village north of the river Nene.

The village lies in the Unitary Authority of Peterborough City Council.

Archives

Minutes 13th March 2017

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE WANSFORD COMMUNITY HALL ON MONDAY 13TH MARCH 2017 AT 7.30 P.M.

 

Present:           Cllr R Clarke

Cllr G Garner

Cllr M Handley – Vice Chairman

Cllr D Johnson

Cllr T Pearson

Cllr J Stannage – Chairman

Cllr V Thorley

 

In Attendance: Wendy Gray (Parish Clerk), Sgt Ricky Passam and 4 residents also in attendance.

 

Residents from Nene Close raised issue of parking/speeding on Old North Road, their son catches the bus to school and they noticed how dangerous road was at that time of morning with parked vehicles and speed of traffic between 7.40 a.m. and 8.30 a.m. – could the Parish Council do anything to help alleviate the problem.

 

Sgt Ricky Passam outlined what checks were currently being carried out by the Police at this moment in time.

 

Cllr Stannage asked if the resident could supply some photographs that we could submit to highways to help our cause.

 

  Action:
1. Apologies for Absence:  Cllr Diane Lamb.  
2. Declarations of Interest: None  
3. Picnic Site:

Sgt Passam outlined the up to date situation but was not able to answer questions we had previously raised.  It was agreed that perhaps a meeting with the Police & Crime Commissioner should perhaps be the next step – Sgt Passam advised that he felt that this could help to move matters forward.  Parish Clerk will arrange for Cllr Stannage to attend meeting the Police & Crime Commissioner, Jason Abblewhite on the 24th March.

Sgt Passam reported the police had had 5 incidents since Christmas, burglaries, theft from motor vehicles – make people more aware during the summer months.

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

4. Update from Simon Machen Meeting:

Cllr Stannage had circulated a copy of draft letter from Lee Collins to be forwarded to Mr Bland of EN Council following Wansford Parish Council meeting with Simon Machen to discuss planning matters by both Peterborough and East Northamptonshire Council.  The Parish Council were in agreement for the letter to be sent.

 
5. Planning:

17/00235/CTR – Fell Sycamore trees T1 and T2, reduce Leylandii tree T3 to 8 feet and reduce Ash tree T4 to 1m below previous reduced height (to leave at 7m height) at The Hollow, Riverside Spinney, Wansford – the Parish Council will be guided by TO recommendations but advise the trees are not on the applicants property i.e. they are on other side of the road!

 
6. Minutes of the meeting held on 13th February 2017:

All Cllrs agreed that the above minutes were a true and accurate record and that Minutes should be signed.

 
7. Matters arising from the Minutes:

Flooding – further update required.

 
8. Finance:

Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk – Salary February 2017 – £233.33

Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk Expenses – £96.48

All above payments were agreed.

 
9. WI Centenary Donation:

Time line – end of March start subject to getting stuff delivered.

 
10. Christie Hall:

Cllr Stannage attended meeting on 28th February – copies of accounts received.  Plans for roof to be replaced sometime in April.

Advised that lottery this year would be the last – concern expressed why they were stopping, Cllr Stannage will make further enquiries into why not continuing.

 
11. Speed Signs/20 mph Zone in Wansford: – ongoing.  
12. A47 Dualling:  Now have dedicated email address for two Project Managers.  Cllrs attending meeting at Peterborough City Council offices on the 14th March.  
13. Correspondence:

Fly tipping – start on Old Leicester Road, then to Kings Cliffe.  We are raising other issues with ENC.

 
14. Matters for Consideration: 

Ordnance Survey (PSMA Mapping) – Cllr Clarke will forward details to clerk to request further information (free service).

 

End bridge where repair has been done – suggestion maybe have some sign or marking (reflective strip) – do not think English Heritage would allow as listed bridge, what should be there is a stop sign/road markings.

 

Milestone on the bridge – whole bridge under responsibility of Peterborough City Council – county boundary is middle of the River.

 

Church light – has been moved – note to Alan Jones, Church Warden.

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

15. Reports from Councillors:  There were none.  
16. Date of next meetings in the Community Hall:

Monday 10th April 2017

 

Apologies received in advance Cllr G Garner will not be in attendance

 
  Village Magazine Rota – reports for:

April – Cllr Clarke

May – Cllr Thorley

June – Cllr Johnson

July – Cllr Handley

August – Cllr Garner

September – Cllr Pearson

October – Cllr Stannage

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The meeting closed at 9.47 p.m.

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>