Wansford Village

The Parish Council of Wansford deals with Wansford village north of the river Nene.

The village lies in the Unitary Authority of Peterborough City Council.

Archives

Minutes 13th July 2015

WANSFORD PARISH COUNCILwww.wansfordvillage.com

Clerk: Wendy Gray

13 Dovecote, Rippingale, Bourne PE10 0SY

Tel: 01778 441312

wendy7wansford@gmail.com

 

 

DRAFT MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE WANSFORD COMMUNITY HALL ON MONDAY 13TH JULY 2015 AT 7.30 P.M.

 

Present:           Cllr G Garner

Cllr M Handley – Vice Chair

Cllr T Pearson – Chairman

Cllr J Stannage

Cllr V Thorley

 

In Attendance:  Wendy Gray Parish Clerk and 1 resident.  Cllr Clarke joined meeting for last 15        minutes.

 

  Action:
1. Apologies for Absence: Cllr R Clarke (TEA meeting) City Council Ldr J Holdich, City Cllr D Lamb  
2. Declarations of Interest: None  
3. Planning:15/00902/HHFUL – Removal of existing garage, 2 storey side extension and single storey rear extension at 17 Old Leicester Road Wansford Peterborough PE8 6JR no objections were raised.   

Parish Clerk

4. Minutes of the meeting held on 8th June 2015:  It was agreed that the minutes should be approved and signed  
5. Matters arising from the Minutes: Litter bin in place, dog bin still to be delivered and sited.

 

Potholes – some have been filled on A1, towards centre of road still need filling in.  Parish Clerk to check when planned for resurfacing.

 

30 mph still covered by foliage – Parish Clerk from Yarwell responded in June “I did report this and have chased again, perhaps I should get my cutters out at the weekend and do it myself !!!!  Further request to be sent to Yarwell PC.

 

Traffic Lights – on from 7 am to 9.30 am – traffic appears to be flowing, no delays.  Continue to monitor.

 

Parish Council Noticeboard – work in progress.

 

Mr and Mrs Janes – area has been strimmed and cleared.

 

Ivy – what do we need to do!

  

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

Parish Clerk

6. Finance: Parish Clerk – salary (June) 2015 – £216.66

D Knibbs – Litter Picking (June) – £50

It was agreed that above invoices should be paid.

 

Now that 3 months has elapsed the Parish Council agreed that they would like Mr Knibbs to continue on a monthly basis to collect and dispose of litter collected within the village.  A request was made to ask if twice a year the seats in the village could be cleaned.  Parish Clerk to advise Mr Knibbs that we wish him to continue with Litter picking and ask if seats could be cleaned.  1 near Church on Green, 1 on Green opposite Church and 1 on Yarwell Road just before Northamptonshire border.

  

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

7. Leasing of Land – Nene Close update:Meeting held with our solicitor at his office on 8th July 2015 with members of Peterborough City Council and Parish Council – final document agreed at last, Chairman of Parish Council has signed and returned document this morning.  Parish Clerk to check with solicitor asking him to advise when PCC have signed.

 

Cllr Clarke returned from meeting with Grantscape – grant is still in place but we need to make sure everything is in place by January.

  

 

Parish Clerk

8. Toddlers Play Area: Cllrs Handley and Stannage will look at and prepare planning for project.  Cllr Clarke will forward O/S sheet to Cllr Handley.  Cllr Stannage will contact Nene Valley Tots to advise on latest update. Cllrs Handley and Stannage
9. Village Notice Board/Map: work in progress – Cllr Pearson had produced two excellent maps, agreed further information to be added, he will then get costs and report back at next meeting.  Cllr Pearson
10. Speeding Signs:  Resident had seen article in Living Villages, concern expressed at speed vehicles travel in particular along Old Leicester Road – is it the Parish Councils intention to include Old Leicester Road in the plans – the answer was YES.

 

Parish Clerk reported that we had been in contact with other Parish Councils who may have in place or are looking at obtaining signs in the not too distant future to gather information ie do they work, costings, who supplied etc.  We have had a response from approx. half of the parishes contacted so far.

 

Speed Gun – use of speed gun was discussed and it was thought that this would be a good idea and would provide a good indication on what speed vehicles are travelling and we can use in the whole village.  Cllr Stannage proposed, Cllr Thorley seconded, all in favour to purchase a Speed Gun.

 
11. Neighbourhood Watch Signage: Sample sign obtained, main concern would it fade, does not appear to be much different from old signs.  Company can make any sign we like – cost per sign £1.70 each.  Cllr Stannage proposed we ordered 12 of each sign (Neighbourhood Watch and No Cold Calling), all in agreement.  Parish Clerk to obtain email samples from company before placing order.  
12. Draft Rural Vision and Parish Charter for Peterborough: It was agreed that each Cllr would sent an individual response by 31st July 2015.  Parish Clerk will submit a report from the whole Parish Council “agreed valuable and well thought out document.”  
13. Correspondence: None.  
14. Matters for Consideration:Question – can a resident write to another Council directly with concerns – Yes they can.

 

Has Parish Council thought of “Twinning” with another Town.  (Venice!)

 
15. Reports from Councillors: Community Hall – Cllr Stannage reported WI had been in contact with a view to seeking permission for a rail to be fitted along the wall up to the Community Hall to be installed but unfortunately are not able to do this as the wall belongs to someone else.  They would therefore like to pay for a new Sign to be erected and will come back to the Parish Council with the design for us to consider in due course.

 

Community Infrastructure Levy – meeting held at Community Hall today with members of Parish Council and Caroline Rowan from Peterborough City Council.

Meeting very enlightening ie statutory tax on development separate from section 106 agreements – we are advised there is approx. £2250 for us to spend.  We need to put together a list of Community Projects for Cate Harding and Caroline Rowan to look at.  If we adopt a Parish Plan will look at more favourably where parish is doing something but does not have enough funding to finish it.  Community Infrastructure Levy to be an agenda item for next meeting.

 

Village Magazine Rota – reports for:

August edition – Cllr Garner

September edition – Cllr Stannage

October edition – Cllr Handley

November edition Cllr Clarke

December edition – Cllr Pearson

January edition – Cllr Thorley

 
16. Date of next meeting in the Community Hall:Monday 17th August 2015 commencing at 7.30 p.m.

 

Apologies received in advance from Cllr Stannage who will not be available to attend September meeting.

 

 

The meeting closed at 9.25 pm

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>