Wansford Village

The Parish Council of Wansford deals with Wansford village north of the river Nene.

The village lies in the Unitary Authority of Peterborough City Council.

Archives

Minutes 13th February 2017

WANSFORD PARISH COUNCIL

www.wansfordvillage.com

Clerk: Wendy Gray

13 Dovecote, Rippingale, Bourne PE10 0SY

Tel: 01778 441312

wendy7wansford@gmail.com

 

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE WANSFORD COMMUNITY HALL ON MONDAY 13TH FEBRUARY 2017 AT 7.30 P.M.

 

Present:           Cllr G Garner

Cllr M Handley – Vice Chairman

Cllr D Johnson

Cllr T Pearson

Cllr J Stannage – Chairman

 

In Attendance: Wendy Gray (Parish Clerk), Janet Armitage, Mr & Mrs Cox, Mr & Mrs Browne

 

Prior to meeting residents in attendance to speak about problem now being encountered with flooding on their property (driveway) since the new properties have been built on Little Chef Site.  It was agreed that the Parish Council would contact planning to review agreed drainage recommendations have been applied.

 

  Action:
1. Apologies for Absence:  Cllrs R Clarke, V Thorley and PCC Cllr Diane Lamb.  
2. Declarations of Interest: None  
  Meeting with Simon Machen, PCC

Cllr Stannage reported on the following at meeting held on 25th January 2017.

·       Parish Cllrs Stannage and Clarke met with Simon Machen and Lee Collins from PCC to discuss issues:

·       Shailesh Vara’s letter to PCC and PCC response

·       PCC Planning enforcement of Picnic Site

·       Maintenance of road infrastructure within Wansford

·       Proposed 20 mph restriction within centre of Wansford

·       PCC Planning Department responses to ENC over relevant Planning Matters

·       A47 Dualling and Junction Upgrade

 

 
3. Picnic Site:

Police to be invited to attend next Parish Council meeting with request for answers to the following questions:

 

When will the toilets be opened?

Policing of Site

Anything Police have discussed with Highways England that will lead to a conclusion

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

4. Planning:

16/02402/HHFUL – Construction of double garage, creation of new vehicle access to include 2 x 2.3m high stone piers and installation of pedestrian and vehicle access gates, re-profiling of land on site to create parking and turning area including installation of retaining wall at 19 Old North Road, Wansford, Peterborough – no objections raised.

 

16/02403/LBC – Construction of double garage, creation of new vehicle access to include 2 x 2.3m high stone piers, installation of pedestrian and vehicle access gates, removal of part of stone boundary wall, new stone wall and restoration of part of existing wall, re-profiling of land on site to create parking and turning area, including installation of retaining wall at 19 Old North Road, Wansford, Peterborough – no objections raised.

 

16/02464/LDE – Off road vehicle use at Andrews Quarry, Sulehay Road, Yarwell, Peterborough, Northamptonshire PE8 6PW – application has been received for Cert. of Lawful Development – Existing – Wansford Parish Council object to this application as many numerous planning applications relating to this site and non-permitted activities have been vigorously opposed.  Parish Clerk to contact PCC advising them of application and request for PCC to also respond.

 

17/00019/FUL – The retention of a freestanding ATM with 5 bollards – retrospective at Heron Service Station, Leicester Road, Wansford, Peterborough PE8 6LB – no objections raised.

 

17/00020/ADV – Six non illuminated fascia signs for ATM – retrospective at Heron Service Station, Leicester Road, Wansford – no objections raised.
17/00093/CTR – Fell Willow tree at 2 Yarwell Road, Wansford, Peterborough – will be guided by Tree Officers recommendations.

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

5. Minutes of the meeting held on 9th January 2017:

All Cllrs agreed that the above minutes were a true and accurate record and that Minutes should be signed.

 
6. Matters arising from the Minutes:

Leaves on bridge and Old North Road Footpath – request for D Knibbs to clear.

 
7. Finance:

Wendy Gray – Salary December 2016/January 2017 – £233.33 x 2

D Knibbs – Litterpick (December 2016/January and February 2017) – £150.00

Zurich Insurance Renewal – £558.95

Contribution to St Mary’s Church Floodlighting – £120.00

Community Hall Honorarium – £350.00

All above payments were agreed.

 
8. WI Centenary Donation:

Quotation received –

Handrail, materials and labour: £3,737.50

Lighting: £471.51

2 Gate Posts (need to be dug out): £416.25 installed (WCH new sign can be attached to the gate).

4 to 6 week lead time.

Three builders contacted but only one replied.

Cllr Pearson proposed we accept quotation received, seconded Cllr Garner, all in favour.

Cllr Stannage will request drawings from builder.

 

Cllr Stannage will also investigate if funding would be available to assist in the above through “The Viridor in Peterborough Fund”.

 

 

 

 

John Stannage

 

9. Christie Hall:

Lease has now been signed and has gone back to Royal British Legion Properties for their signature and then lease will be distributed between 3 Parish Councils.

 
10. Speed Signs/20 mph Zone in Wansford:

Peter Tebb and Highways Inspector Martin Benn to be contacted for response to our letter asap.  A copy also to be send to Simon Machen.

 

Parish Clerk

 

11. A47 Dualling:  Cllr Pearson to chase up re further meeting to discuss issues. Cllr Pearson
12. Correspondence:

Email from Olivia Frost – Parish Clerk to contact for further information.

 

Parish Clerk

13. Matters for Consideration: 

Questions to be asked:

 

Diversion sign due to road closure, who was responsible for putting out the signs!!

 

Peter Tebb/Martin Benn re signs in Wansford re No Thro Road etc, traffic still being diverted through Wansford despite there being a 7.5T weight restriction on Peterborough Road.

 
14. Reports from Councillors:  There were none.  
15. Date of next meetings in the Community Hall:

Monday 13th March 2017, Monday 10th April 2017

 
  Village Magazine Rota – reports for:

March – Cllr Stannage

April – Cllr Clarke

May – Cllr Thorley

June – Cllr Johnson

July – Cllr Handley

August – Cllr Garner

September – Cllr Pearson

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The meeting closed at 9.20 p.m.

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>