Wansford Village

The Parish Council of Wansford deals with Wansford village north of the river Nene.

The village lies in the Unitary Authority of Peterborough City Council.

Archives

Minutes 12th June 2017

WANSFORD PARISH COUNCIL

www.wansfordvillage.com

Clerk: Wendy Gray

13 Dovecote, Rippingale, Bourne PE10 0SY

Tel: 01778 441312

wendy7wansford@gmail.com

 

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE WANSFORD COMMUNITY HALL ON MONDAY 12TH JUNE 2017 AT 7.30 P.M.

 

Present:           Cllr G Garner

M Handley – Vice Chairman

Cllr D Johnson

Cllr J Stannage – Chairman

Cllr V Thorley

 

In Attendance: Wendy Gray (Parish Clerk), 2 residents from Peterborough Road (Mews)

 

  Action:
1. Apologies for Absence:  Parish Cllrs R Clarke, T Pearson, City Cllr Diane Lamb.  Cllr Lamb is hoping to be back driving (following her accident) next month.  
2. Declarations of Interest: None.  
3. Picnic Site:  Response to be sent to Jason Abblewhite’s re Marcia’s email,  point by point – Cllr Stannage will prepare draft response. Cllr Stannage
4. Planning:

17/00864/FUL – Widen an existing bridge at Yarwell Mill country park by dismantling the southern elevation and saving the existing stone, extend the deck of the bridge to a width of 5 metres and re-instate the southern elevation using the previously removed stone at Yarwell Mill, Mill Road, Yarwell, Peterborough, Northamptonshire PE8 6PS – no observations to make.

 

17/00984/TRE – Fell Larch tree and cut branch from Beech tree – 79/00009/TPO at 8 Black Swan Spinney, Wansford – will be guided by TO recommendations.

 

17/00953/ADV – Non illuminated sign at ArcHaus,  Peterborough Road, Wansford – no observations to make.

 

Note to be sent to Planning re ArcHaus site – two French drains leading into soak ways – illegal for water to leave development, request for PCC Planning to investigate.

 

Note to be sent to TO requesting policy for replanting, also request he attends a Parish Council meeting (dates to be given) in the not too distant future to discuss issues.

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

5. Minutes of the meeting held on 8th May 2017:

All Cllrs agreed that the above minutes were a true and accurate record and that Minutes should be signed.

 
6. Matters arising from the Minutes:

Website to be updated – take off Cllr Holdich and list only Cllrs names.

 

Bank Signatories/Standing Orders – agenda item for next meeting.

Children’s Play Area – Peterborough City Council have confirmed they will now be carrying out annual checks on the play equipment.

 

Parish Clerk

 

Parish Clerk

7. Finance:

Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk – Salary May 2017 – £233.33

Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk – Expenses – £97.22

D Knibbs, Litterpick – May/June – £100.00

CAPALC Affiliation Fee – £201.90

P Taylor, Internal Audit/Payroll – £150.00

Living Villages Donation – £120.00

BT Adopt a Kiosk – £1.00

All in agreement for above payment to be made.

 

Pension/Parish Clerk – agenda item for next meeting

 

Income Received:

HMRC VAT Refund – £377.20

PCC (Precept) 1st Instalment – £5,992.50

 
8. WI Centenary Donation: WPC is still continuing to progress a hand rail and lighting, a new contractor is organising these works, it is hoped works will be completed asap. Cllr Stannage
9. Christie Hall: Cllr Stannage attended meeting 25th May 2017.  Roof now completed, guttering not right and contractor is to come back and rectify.  Christie Hall had requested quotes for the following:

Exterior painting £760

Interior painting £730

Out-building woodwork repair/replace quote £790

 

Lottery – no further update.

 
10. Speed Signs/20 mph Zone in Wansford: The Parish Council is still pursuing this speed restriction to the centre of the village.  Parish Clerk to make contact (Simon Machen/Peter Tebb) to ascertain if delays are being encountered with involving other side of the bridge Wansford will go on their own (we have agreed to meet the costs)!  
11. A47 Dualling:  Continuing.  
12. BT Kiosk:  BT telephone Box, the Parish Council agreed to purchasing this for £1 from BT and in due course will install a defibrillator for the use of the village.  
13. Correspondence:  None.  
14. Matters for Consideration: 

Obstructions to Footpaths –

Concerns were raised about a hedge obstructing the footpath in Peterborough Road

A yew tree overhanging from the Church Yard.

There are other footpaths where low hanging branches are obstructing the path, could the property owners please give them a trim.

 

 

 

15. Reports from Councillors:

T&WPBGC – wall has now been totally repaired, even moss has been reinstated.

 

Stoneacre – rumour is it is to be a 15 room mansion with a mosque etc!  Parish Clerk to check HDC Planning website.

 

Peterborough Road – slip road back of bridge – rubbish on entrance – ME HE to be advised.

 

Front of Pier Head – overgrown vegetation – Cllr Stannage will take a look and we will write to owners if required.

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

Cllr Stannage/

Parish Clerk

16. Date of next meetings in the Community Hall:

Monday 10th July

 

 
  Village Magazine Rota – reports for:

July – Cllr Handley

August – Cllr Garner

September – Cllr Pearson

October – Cllr Stannage

November – Cllr Clarke

December – Cllr Johnson

January – Cllr Thorley

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The meeting closed at 9.10 p.m.

 

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>