Wansford Village

The Parish Council of Wansford deals with Wansford village north of the river Nene.

The village lies in the Unitary Authority of Peterborough City Council.

Archives

Minutes 10th July 2017

WANSFORD PARISH COUNCIL

www.wansfordvillage.com

Clerk: Wendy Gray

13 Dovecote, Rippingale, Bourne PE10 0SY

Tel: 01778 441312

wendy7wansford@gmail.com

 

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE WANSFORD COMMUNITY HALL ON MONDAY 10TH JULY 2017 AT 7.30 P.M.

 

Present:           Cllr G Garner

M Handley – Vice Chairman

Cllr D Johnson

Cllr T Pearson

Cllr J Stannage – Chairman

Cllr V Thorley

 

In Attendance: Wendy Gray (Parish Clerk), 11 members of the public also in attendance.

 

  Cllr Stannage welcomed everyone to the meeting. Action:
1. Apologies for Absence:  Parish Cllr R Clarke, PCC Cllr D Lamb.  
2. Declarations of Interest: Cllr Johnson re 17/00550/OUT.  
3. Picnic Site:  Parish Clerk to compile all emails regarding the Picnic site into one document that can then be forwarded to Police & Crime Commissioner Jason Ablewhite. Parish Clerk
4. Planning:

17/01200/HHFUL – Replace existing flat roof to porch with new hipped &

tiled roof at 1 Thackers Close, Wansford, Peterborough – no observations to

make.

 

17/00550/OUT – Construction of up to 14 prestige self-build dwellings and associated infrastructure with access secured and all other matters (appearance, landscaping, layout and scale) reserved – Field To The East Of Old Pump House, Old Leicester Road, Wansford, Peterborough – reasoned arguments from all in attendance were given highlighting the fact that that the field is outside the

village envelope, the proposal is contrary to the Peterborough Plan which

designates Wansford as a “small village” and concern over implications for the

rest of Seeds Field development and the village as a whole it was agreed that the Parish Council’s response to PCC Planning should be – Wansford Parish

Council are not in favour of this proposal with the information that we have available to us at this time (4 in favour/1 against).

 

17/01282/CTR – Corsican pine tree – trimmed 3m near to buildings only; Willow tree pollarded, lower structural limb, removed to leave large diameter stems;

Mock orange tree – fell at Fielding House, 3 Bridge End, Wansford,

Peterborough PE8 6JH – will be guided by TO recommendations.

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

5. Minutes of the meeting held on 12th June 2017:

Cllr Handley proposed, seconded Cllr Thorley, all in agreement that the above minutes were a true and accurate record and that Minutes should be signed as such.

 
6. Matters arising from the Minutes:

Agenda items.

 
7. Finance:

Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk – Salary June 2017 – £233.33

All in agreement for above payment to be made.

 

Bank Signatories: Agreed all Parish Councillors should be signatories.  Parish Clerk to arrange for necessary paperwork to be completed.

Pension/Parish Clerk – agreed fee of £75 for necessary documentation to be completed.

Website – agreed contents of email and will be reviewed annually.

 
8. WI Centenary Donation:

Agreed quotation.

 
9. Christie Hall:

Cllr Stannage reported – outside has now been repainted, inside still to be done, some roof tiles had to be replaced re staining due to water seepage.  £2000 has been allocated for maintenance.

Cllr Stannage will go back to committee with some suggestions re the lottery.

 
10. Speed Signs/20 mph Zone in Wansford:

Note to Andy Tatt, copy in Cllr Diane Lamb re OLR refurbishment in August and potential road closure!

 
11. A47 Dualling:  Nothing further to update on – should know in October what option has been ageed.  
12. BT Kiosk:  BT telephone Box now purchased.  Parish Clerk to obtain information on Defibrillators and costs involved. Parish Clerk
13. Correspondence:

Play Area – Concern re report from PCC re annual check of play equipment – Parish Clerk to contact supplier with issues raised and their comments.

Cllr Stannage will put sign up with contact details i.e. Chairman’s contact details.

 

Parish Clerk

 

Cllr Stannage

14. Matters for Consideration: None.  
15. Reports from Councillors:

Cllr Thorley gave a report on recent Parish Council Liaison meeting she had attended.

 

Junction leading into Ducati – full of gravel etc plus potholes – HE/PCC to be advised.

 

Roundabout – in need of some attention, foliage needs cutting back.

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

16. Date of next meetings in the Community Hall:

Monday 21st August 2017

 
  Village Magazine Rota – reports for:

August – Cllr Pearson

September – Cllr Garner

October – Cllr Stannage

November – Cllr Clarke

December – Cllr Johnson

January – Cllr Thorley

February – Cllr Handley

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The meeting closed at 10 p.m.

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>