Wansford Village

The Parish Council of Wansford deals with Wansford village north of the river Nene.

The village lies in the Unitary Authority of Peterborough City Council.

Archives

Draft Minutes 10th April 2017

WANSFORD PARISH COUNCIL

www.wansfordvillage.com

Clerk: Wendy Gray

13 Dovecote, Rippingale, Bourne PE10 0SY

Tel: 01778 441312

wendy7wansford@gmail.com

 

 

DRAFT MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE WANSFORD COMMUNITY HALL ON MONDAY 10TH APRIL 2017 AT 7.30 P.M.

 

Present:           Cllr M Handley – Vice Chairman

Cllr D Johnson

Cllr T Pearson

Cllr J Stannage – Chairman

 

In Attendance: Wendy Gray (Parish Clerk)

 

  Action:
1. Apologies for Absence:  Parish Cllrs Clarke, Garner and Thorley, City Cllr Diane Lamb, Sgt Ricky Passam  
2. Declarations of Interest: None  
3. Picnic Site:

Sgt Passam forwarded his apologies – with regard to the Picnic site there have not been any further incidents, has not received an update on how PC meeting went with Police & Crime Commissioner.

 

Cllr Stannage reported on his meeting with Jason Ablewhite – Cllr Stannage felt the meeting went well and the P&CC listened to our concerns regarding the Picnic Site and Road Safety within Wansford.

 
4. Planning:

17/00441/CTR – Fell Silver Birch (T2), Fell Silver Birch (T3), Fell Walnut Tree (T4) 1t 11 Old Leicester Road, Wansford PE8 6JR – will be guided by TO recommendations but question whether the Walnut Tree has to be felled?

 

17/00559/CTR – Hazel Tree – Prune back to the boundary wall, Beech hedge – Reduce in height to 1.5-2m, Sycamore tree – Fell at 1 Old North Road, Wansford, Peterborough PE8 6LB – no objections, will be guided by TO recommendations.

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

Parish Clerk

5. Minutes of the meeting held on 13th March 2017:

All Cllrs agreed that the above minutes were a true and accurate record and that Minutes should be signed.

 
6. Matters arising from the Minutes:

PSMA Mapping – now registered, Parish Clerk will set up passwords for Cllrs Clarke, Handley, Johnson, Pearson and Stannage.  Cllrs Thorley and Garner to be consulted at next PC meeting.

 

Parish Clerk

7. Finance:

Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk – Salary March 2017 – £233.33

D Knibbs, Litterpick/Clearing leaves – £150.00

T&WPBGC Maint – £2,000

All above payments were agreed.

 
8. WI Centenary Donation:

Cllr Stannage needs to make contact with builder etc.  As soon as works completed we need to invoice WI for £500 (donation).

 

Cllr Stannage

9. Christie Hall:

Roof progressing, in May Christie Hall Management Committee meeting at the Christie Hall.  It was noted we had not yet received invoice – Cllr Stannage will enquire

 

 

Cllr Stannage

10. Speed Signs/20 mph Zone in Wansford: – ongoing.  Parish Clerk to contact PCC again. Parish Clerk
11. A47 Dualling:  21st April cut off for this level.  Cllr Handley will re hash Cllr Clarke’s email for distribution from Parish Council, individuals also need to send in their responses.  Option 3 appears to be the best one for us (get newspapers involved) any letter should also go to Stuart Jackson and Shailesh Vara MP. Cllr Handley
12. Correspondence:

Augean update – Parish Clerk to advise Cllrs may attend meeting on 25th April.

BT Phone Box (possible adoption) – agenda item for next meeting.

Peterborough Local Plan Update – all Cllrs should read information.

 

Parish Clerk

Parish Clerk

13. Matters for Consideration: 

Mayoral Elections – do we know who!  Parish Clerk to contact Cllr Lamb to see if she can let us have any information on the candidate(s).

 

Parish Clerk

14. Reports from Councillors: 

Yellow lines did not work in area of the Kings Cliffe Road junction with Old Leicester Road.

 

Power cuts in the village, several lasting a few minutes (Western Power) what is causing the problem, Parish Clerk to contact power company to establish reason for cuts.

 

Cllr Stannage mentioned briefly at end of meeting that we should request annual Inspection Report from PCC re Children’s Play area for our files.   Cllr Stannage provided monthly copies of his reports to the Parish Clerk for the file.

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

15. Date of next meetings in the Community Hall:

Monday 8th May 2017 – Annual Parish Meeting, AGM and Parish Council Meeting.

 
  Village Magazine Rota – reports for:

May – Cllr Johnson

June – Cllr Thorley

July – Cllr Handley

August – Cllr Garner

September – Cllr Pearson

October – Cllr Stannage

November – Cllr Clarke

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The meeting closed at 8.35 p.m.

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>