Wansford Village

The Parish Council of Wansford deals with Wansford village north of the river Nene.

The village lies in the Unitary Authority of Peterborough City Council.

Archives

Council Minutes September 2011

Here are the Minutes for September 2011  Minutes 2011-09-12

MINUTES OF MEETING HELD IN THE WANSFORD COMMUNITY HALL ON

MONDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER 2011 AT 7.30 P.M.

 

Present:                       Cllr R Clarke

Cllr S Forward

Cllr T Pearson – Chairman

Cllr J Stannage – Vice Chairman

Cllr G Stevens

Cllr T Sortwell (arrived late as previously advised)

In Attendance:             Mrs W Gray – Parish Clerk, M Handley, G Garner, J Burrows and D Jefferies

  1. Apologies for Absence: Cllr J Holdich, Cllr D Lamb

 

  1. Declaration of Interest:  None

 

  1. John Wilcockson PCC Tree Officer: John Wilcockson attended the meeting at the request of the Parish Council to discuss the best way forward where it is identified that there are several areas where trees need pruning/removing for health and safety reasons as identified at last Parish Council Meeting.  He was quite happy for the Parish Council to draw up a plan to pass through to PCC for work to be carried out over a period of time.  It was agreed that parishioners could be invited, through Living Villages, to request a visit from him to assess trees in their gardens, the Parish Council to coordinate requests and arrange a day for him in the village. He agreed to look at a couple of areas in the village on his way home. 

 

  1. Planning:
  • 11/01345/FUL – Demolition of existing dwelling and the construction of 6 x 2 bed flats each with own garage and parking space at Pier Head, Peterborough Road, Wansford – the application was again discussed in detail and the Parish Councils principle objections was the height of the roof line as this is out of keeping with the line of the village along Peterborough Road.  The Parish Council would recommend rejection would request that, if the Officers recommended acceptance, the application goes before the full Planning Committee.

 

  1. Minutes of meeting held on 8th August 2011:  A true account of meeting, all in agreement.

 

  1. Matters arising from the Minutes:
  • Litter Bin – awaiting for response from PCC who have said they would look at possibility of providing rubbish sacks.  Parish Clerk to speak with Refuse Collection.
  • Quotations for removal of ivy still to be obtained.
  • Street Lights on Bridge – damage to the bays on installation. To be raised further with Craig Campbell or Paul Green of PCC.  Cllr Clarke had spoken with the latter who will come out to look at site.
  • Vacancy for Councillor still to be advertised.  Copy to be placed in Living Villages.
  • The Sibson-cum-Stibbington Parish Council meeting re the fence and gate erected and obstructing the footpath down to the riverside. WPC Councillors had attended and we request  a copy of the minutes of meeting when approved.

      

  1. Finance:

The following invoice was approved for payment:  – Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk (Salary) £109.31.

Bank Accounts – it was agreed to look for a better return if investment for some of the monies

held with Barclays.

Application for Grant from Rural North – it was agreed (all Cllrs in favour) that we would request

monies for placing a seat on the entrance to the village.  Cost of seat £600 plus £50.00 for

fixings.  Request to be sent to Cllr J Holdich.

  1. 8.          Matters for Consideration:

Parish Plan: Cllr Clarke confirmed that final draft of legislation had not gone through parliament yet.

We are awaiting further information.

 

Special Projects: From list of projects put forward request for seat and fixings.  Cllr Sortwell put forward village sign “You are Here” this could perhaps be done to commemorate the Diamond Jubilee!  Is this something PCC could help with, look at costings.  Article for Living Villages requesting residents’ comments.

 

Play Area: A letter had been sent to Jim Daley from a resident outlining his objections to a play area on the village green expressing his concerns: that the area in question is very small, it would be very close to the wall, infringing his privacy.  The councillors explained to the resident that no firm plans were in place and they were at this moment in time considering suitable areas.  It was proposed that we revisit the Nene Close area and speak with owners of Haycock again, say in 6 months’ time, when there may be other suggestions for a suitable play area – an agenda item for March 2012 meeting.

 

Minerals and Waste: There was nothing detrimental in the consultation document.  A response to be sent stating that the Parish Council have no objections to its contents.

    Mick George – we will request a “local liaison meeting” at earliest opportunity, include Thornhaugh Parish Council.

 

Sulehay Woods – Dead trees above footpath: not in our Parish – inform relevant authorities.

 

Lights on Bridge:  see above.

 

Other Matters:

    Cllr Pearson confirmed that Phil Jones has updated the website and rendered easier for us to update and make contributions. A very big thank you to Phil Jones from the Parish Council for all the work involved.

 

Cllr Stannage reported that two refuse carts going through village to Kings Cliffe over 7.5 ton limit and expressed his concern that Wansford is being used as access route.

 

Cllr Stevens reported condition of road sign near village green area eroded, could this be positioned somewhere, make replacement not as big as one already there.

 

Cllr Stevens reported that road surface signs on the roundabout need redoing.

 

Cllr Stevens we need to pursue the re-designation of the A6118.

 

Cllr Stevens there is an upturn in the area of metal scavengers around the village.  Make our PCSO aware, perhaps put article in living villages.

 

  1. 9.   Councillor Training:

The Parish Clerk confirmed timings for 3 courses booked 20th, 28th and 29th September.  The

Clerk will send e-mail to all councillors confirming details.

 

  1. 10.        Reports from Councillors:
  • Community Hall Management Committee – John Stannage confirmed that paperwork was in a bit of a mess, no Public Liability insurance.  They had also been advised that were not eligible for 20% rate rebate and would have to pay PCC 20%.  The Hall needs repainting outside, needs new guttering, sign needs to be replaced, security light needs fixing (comes on and off intermittently).  John Stannage confirmed that he had been asked to take the position of Chairman which would leave a vacancy for another member of the Parish Council to sit on the committee.  Cllr Stannage proposed Cllr Pearson this was seconded by Cllr Forward.
  • Living Villages Distribution Party – Cllr Sortwell confirmed that invites had been sent out to all contributors/distributors of the magazine to say thank you.  Approximately 50 people attended a sit down buffet and wine at the Stibbington Centre.  Two young contributors were also in attendance.  A very good evening was had by all in attendance.
  • Cllr Clarke confirmed that a further meeting of the Rural North Neighbourhood Committee would be held towards the end of the month.
  • Cllr Pearson confirmed that he would not be at the next meeting on the 10th October 2011.

 

The meeting closed at 9.50 p.m.

 

  1. 11.       Dates of next meetings in the Community Hall:

      Monday 10th October 2011   Monday 14th November 2011

 

Actioned by 

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Pearson

 

 

 

 

W. Gray

 

 

 

 

 

W. Gray

 

W. Gray

 

W. Gray

 

W. Gray

 

W. Gray

 

 

W. Gray

 

 

 

W. Gray

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Pearson

 

 

 

 

W. Gray

 

W. Gray

 

W. Gray

 

W. Gray

 

 

 

W. Gray

 

 

 

 

W. Gray

 

W. Gray

Cllr Pearson

 

 

 

W. Gray

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>