Wansford Village

The Parish Council of Wansford deals with Wansford village north of the river Nene.

The village lies in the Unitary Authority of Peterborough City Council.

Archives

Council Minutes June 2011

Here are the minutes of The council meeting –  see attached file: Minutes 11-06-13

 

MINUTES OF MEETING HELD IN THE WANSFORD COMMUNITY HALL ON

MONDAY 13TH JUNE 2011 AT 7.30 P.M.

 

Present:                       Cllr R Clarke

Cllr T Pearson – Chairman

Cllr T Sortwell

Cllr J Stannage – Vice Chairman

Cllr G Stevens

Cllrs Clarke and Sortwell had sent in apologies prior to meeting to advise that they would be

late to meeting due to other work commitments

In Attendance:            Mrs W Gray, Parish Clerk, Mr S Forward

 

Welcome to Mr Shaun Forward who was co-opted onto the Parish Council in May.  Mr Forward joined the councillors.

  1. Apologies for Absence:

Cllr G Ward

Cllr D Lamb

Cllr J Holdich

 

  1. Declaration of Interest:

Cllr Forward – Planning17 Old Leicester Road

      Cllr Stannage – Planning 1 The Stables

Cllr Sortwell – Planning 1 The Stables

 

  1. Planning:
  1.               I.      11/00580/FUL – Construction of two storey rear extension, installation of new front porch and new window to first floor side elevation at17 Old Leicester Road,WansfordPE8 6JR– Cllr Forward left the room, planning application was discussed and no objections raised.  Cllr Forward rejoined the meeting.

 

  1.             II.      11/00772/FUL – Proposed two storey side extension at 11 Swanhill, Wansford PE8 6LG – no objections raised.

 

  1.          III.      11/00822/CTR – Crown raise 4 Chestnut trees to 3 m and remove epicormics at 1 The Stables, Old Leicester Road, Wansford – Cllrs Sortwell and Stannage left the room, planning application was discussed and no objections raised.  Cllrs Sortwell and Stannage rejoined the meeting.

 

  1.           IV.      11/00824/FUL – Construction of 2 no. x 5 bed detached houses – revised scheme to previously approved at Land to the West of 19 Old Leicester Road, Wansford – no objections raised.

 

  1. Minutes of meetings held on 9th May 2011

      A true account of meetings, all in agreement.

 

  1. Matters arising from the Minutes

            Litter Warden – no suitable candidates, further article to be placed in Living

Villages.

 

Training – Parish Clerk to seek trainer’s availability during the month of

September and submit dates to councillors asap.

 

Village Gateway – Cllr Clarke will follow up.

 

  1. Finance

            Annual Accounts were approved and signed.

The following invoices were approved for payment:

Invoices Parish Clerk – £122.98 and £136.64

Invoice Internal Auditor – £80.00

Invoice Thornhaugh & Wansford Burial Ground Committee – £2,000

 

All in agreement for above invoices to be paid.

 

  1. Correspondence

Peterborough’s Trees and Woodland Strategy – clerk read out content of letter

and it was agreed should be an agenda item for next meeting.  Clerk will

circulate contents.

 

Two new planning applications received but clerk has been unable to extend

deadlines to our next scheduled meeting, an extraordinary meeting to be

arranged for Monday 20th June 2011.

 

  1. Litter Picking

            Cllr Pearson received a note from ** he has been going around the village of his

own volition picking up litter and asked for Parish Council support with

obtaining a litter picker to help him with bending/picking up items.  Cllr Stevens

will supply litter picker.

 

Parish Clerk will contact PCC to see if we can get a designated PCC bin!

 

  1. Rural North Neighbourhood Committee – Parish Council Coop tees

            Cllr Pearson will attend meetings with Cllr Clarke as substitute if required.

 

  1. Parish Plan

            Nothing further to report.

 

  1. Parish Projects

            Some projects that we could take on board –

Sign just outside 30 limit onOld Leicester Road

Proposed Cllr Stannage, seconded Cllr Sortwell.

 

Adopt roundabout, make gateway to our village, apply to PCC re feasibility of

Parish Council adopting roundabout.

 

Ivy –

Get someone to clear, need to decide how far go with it

Cut back in the autumn

Get quotations for work

 

  1. Matters for consideration

            Lights on bridge – done at last, look o.k. write to PCC (thankyou).

 

  1. Reports from Councillors

Thornhaugh & Wansford Parish Burial Ground Committee – Cllr Pearson

attending last meeting – entrance gates will not be quite as elaborate as

proposed, something will be done about the pathway.

 

Cllr Pearson had to report that 7 of the rose bushes had died but authorisation has

been given to replace.

 

Cllr Pearson requested that item headed “church wall” be included on agenda for

meeting on 11th July.

 

  1. Dates of next meetings in the Community Hall:

            Monday 20th June 2011, Monday 11th July 2011, Monday 9th August 2011

 

Apologies received for 11th July meeting – Cllr Clarke, Cllr Sortwell

Apologies received for 8th August meeting – Cllr Sortwell, Cllr Stevens

 

The meeting closed at9.05 p.m.

 

Actioned by 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>