Wansford Village

The Parish Council of Wansford deals with Wansford village north of the river Nene.

The village lies in the Unitary Authority of Peterborough City Council.

Archives

Council Minutes February 2012

      Here are the Minutes of Meeting for February 2012   Wansford 13th February 2012    

  

WANSFORD PARISH COUNCIL

www.wansfordvillage.com

Clerk: Wendy Gray

25 Windsurf Bank, Tallington

Tel: 01778 341496

wendy7wansford@hotmail.co.uk

 

 

 

MINUTES OF MEETING HELD IN THE WANSFORD COMMUNITY HALL ON

MONDAY 13TH FEBRUARY 2012 AT 7.30 P.M.

 

            Present:                        Cllr R Clarke

                                    Cllr T Pearson – Chairman

                                    Cllr J Stannage – Vice Chairman

                                    Cllr G Stevens

                                    Cllr T Sortwell

 

                                    Cllr J Burrows

                                                           

                       

            In Attendance:              Wendy Gray Parish Clerk, Mrs J Burrows, Cllr D Lamb, Cllr J Holdich and Mr M Handley

               

               

  1. Apologies for Absence:  Cllr Forward 

 

  1. Declaration of Interest:  None

 

  1. Co-option of New Councillor: Mrs Jessica Burrows was co-opted onto the Parish Council in response to the vacancy that was advertised.  Cllr Burrows then joined the meeting.

 

  1. Planning:  No new planning applications received for Wansford.

 

  1. Minutes of meeting held on 9th January 2012Cllr Clarke proposed, Cllr Stannage seconded that the minutes were approved and signed, all in favour. 

 

  1. Matters arising from the Minutes:
  • Parish Clerk

     

    Parish Clerk

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

    Parish Clerk

     

    Parish Clerk

     

     

    Parish Clerk

     

     

     

     

     

     

    Council web site – Cllr Forward and Parish Clerk will be receiving training in the first instance. 

 

  • Highways Officer – Parish Clerk had written to highways listing items raised but response received from PCC asked for further clarification/information so that the appropriate and right person(s) from highways be invited to discuss our requests.  Agenda item for next meeting to prepare document.

 

  • Seat now delivered – need to identify suitable area for seat to be sited.

 

  • Banking signatories forms now completed.  Cllr Stannage will now take to Bank.

 

  • Cllr Clarke still looking into possibility of building launch area under the River Bridge.

 

  • Diamond Jubilee – the committee organising the event have not yet got a list of costings together but will provide us with a copy when prepared.  Agenda item for next meeting.  Cllr Holdich had been asked about possible road closures, he will look into and report back to us.  He will also speak with Mr Tate re finances from PCC.

 

  • Street Name Signs – Cllr Holdich will be looking at areas where requests have been made for new/replacement signs sometime this week.  Cllr Clarke suggested that perhaps we could have a definitive list of street signs (as we have with street lighting).

 

  1. Finance:

       Wansford Community Hall – £350.00

       Royal British Legion (Christie Hall) – £1,010

       Parish Clerk – Salary – £136.64

       Sustainable Furniture UK (Village Seat)  – £640.00

       Zurich Insurance – £212.26

 

       All the above payments were agreed.

 

  1. Heavy Goods Vehicles using River Bridge:  A note was received from Sibson-Cum-Stibbington Parish Council concerning the volume of heavy vehicles using the bridge.  Unfortunately no one was able to attend from SCS Parish Council.  Cllr Pearson will follow up on this and it was suggested that in the meantime we monitor volumes etc.

 

  1. “The Future of Wittering RAF Station” – Cllr Pearson attended a presentation at RAF Wittering where he met the new Group Captain, Richard Hill.  The presentation was to inform the public which units will be stationed here in the future i..e. several different RAF units, the Army being based at RAF Cottesmore.

 

  1. Special Projects:
  • Roundabout – correspondence with costing received – letter to be sent to the effect that when the scheme was first promoted it was made clear that all verges and the roundabout would be maintained and looked after by the Highways Agency!

 

  • Village Map/Information Board – Cllr Sortwell asked if anything had been discussed and moved forward and requested that this be kept on the list/agenda for further discussions.

 

  • Sign for the Community Hall, costings to be obtained and brought to meeting. 

 

  • 30 mph signs for wheelie bins – Cllr Stannage would like WPC to progress this with PCC.  Cllr Holdich produced a sample of signs and will look into obtaining 200 copies for WPC.  Cllr Stannage will put article in magazine to see who would like/wish to use signs on their bins.

 

  1. Diamond Jubilee: See report above from Cllr Clarke.

 

  1. Correspondence: Notification of two public consultations i.e. Consultation on the Proposed Submission version of the Peterborough Planning Policies Development Plan Document (DPD); and consultation on the draft Peterborough Flood and Water Management Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) had been e-mailed to all Councillors.

 

  1. Matters for Consideration:  None

 

  1. Reports from Councillors:  street light outage reported since recent powercut – 17 Old Leicester Road and light in between lights nos. 12 and 13 on Peterborough Road.  Clerk to contact Mark Speed/Amy Bowles to request lights are fixed.

 

      Mr Handley – could we request a welcome sign into the village – for example if you go down

      Yarwell Road there is a sign (East Northamptonshire) but nothing on the way back.  Cllr Holdich

      will look into.

 

     Cllr Sortwell reported Christie Hall AGM will be held on 23rd February – will let WPC have a 

     written report.

 

15. Dates of next meetings in the Community Hall:

      Monday 12th March 2012   Monday 16th April 2012

 

Cllr Sortwell offered apologies in advance – will not be available for April meeting.

The meeting closed at 8.30 p.m.

 

  

Actioned by: 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

WPC

 

Cllr Stannage

Cllr Clarke

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Pearson

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Sortwell

 

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>